🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - StMirren - Sat - 12:15

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get that arsehole McLean off of there.

same old eh? boring as fuck.

McLean like most cruised the game, McKay- Steven finally looking like a player.

Was much easier than I expected.

Celtic buying players for what reason ? No way is Morgan going to get much game time, Christie is head and shoulders above him.

Great manager Rodgers is.

Credit the St Mirren fans they enjoyed themselves. Easy for folks from their neck o the woods to support the Mighty 2.

Put the Hun/' Tim supporting cunts from the NE to shame.

Welcome back Niall McGinn.

I get the impression the folk watching on TV got a different view of the same game from the folk in attendance because i thought it was a very good game (terrific is maybe pushing it).

Our midfield destroyed theirs. Shinza and Christie were constantly taking the ball off their midfielders and Kenny seemed to intercept and block anything they tried to play forward. As i said on the first page of this thread we were a different kettle of fish to what their used to and they couldn't handle our tenacity and speed. I really enjoyed watching that.

Sure, Smurn created themselves a couple of decent chances but at no point did i feel we weren't in full control or under any real pressure. It was a walk in the park for our boys!

GMS is some player once he gets himself a wee bit of confidence in each game, but like i said, the midfield 3 bossed and won us this game.

EDITTED at the start due to my haste in posting before getting ready to go out tonight.

I get the impression the folk watching on TV got a different view of the same game from the folk in attendance because i thought it was a very good game (terrific is maybe pushing it).

couldn't agree more.

Just watched a re-run on TV and my opinion on the game hasn't really changed.

Sure there were individual errors, there are in every game but I certainly never thought the defence were that bad.

Pretty comfortable I thought, certainly not a bombscare.

Opinions an all that.

The heid tennis in the SS 2nd half was excellent.

Brora at hame please.

Well I couldn't have asked for more than that. Expected a difficult game and although St Mirren started off quite well, we were always in control. Bit of a wobble when they pulled one back, but once we hit the third it was game over and the peach of a fourth from GMS was the cherry on the cake.

Great to see Nial back in a red jersey, welcome home loon, pity you didn't get a goal.

Loved the three headers in the SS, brilliant and a shout out to the St Mirren fans who sang their hearts out and backed their team for the whole 90 minutes.

I really hope McKenna and Arnason are back for Wednesday.

Bring on the Brora.

Just about defrosted now :frown:Jings that was cold.  Decent enough performance on a hard pitch.  Top dons for me Christie,McLean & Considine. Very poor crowd though even given live tv  :frown: Credit to St.Mirren who actually played the ball around pretty well & the scoreline flattered us a tad.

Our 4th goal was a thing of beauty :eek:

Very tricky tie out of the way  :thumbsup:

What a goal from GMS! Practically swam away from the opposition there. Great result to wake up to, was confident of the win but it’s a cup tie so expected a few squeaky bum moments. What was the attendance today? Given that it looked like a decent day in Aberdeen it’s a shame it wasn’t bigger. But time and tv always put a dent into that. Sounds like everyone had a good day of it anyway  :thumbsup:

Onto the next!

Didn't see the game, just the highlights. Thought Stewart looked lively early and GMS certainly appears to have found confidence. Looks like we played at good pace at times, certainly has been a strength of ours.

Today is another example of how valuable Christie has become. Funny how we've heard a lot about Maddison of late, I'd take Christie for our team and in our league before him any day. Wondering if McGinn is Christie's replacement - would love to keep Ryan obviously but as many have said, don't think we can afford the transfer fee or the weekly wage, plus with his good performances each week he gets further out of reach. I think Stewart is worth trying to get permanently too.

Not sure how we accommodate Rooney and May in the same line up. The mix up between the two when Rooney should have scored sums it up really....

What a goal from GMS! Practically swam away from the opposition there. Great result to wake up to, was confident of the win but it’s a cup tie so expected a few squeaky bum moments. What was the attendance today? Given that it looked like a decent day in Aberdeen it’s a shame it wasn’t bigger. But time and tv always put a dent into that. Sounds like everyone had a good day of it anyway  :thumbsup:

Onto the next!

Crowd was just shy of 10000. Disappointing but not too surprising given it was live on BBC1. St Boo only brought around 250 or so but credit due to them they sang their hearts out all game.

Crowd was just shy of 10000. Disappointing but not too surprising given it was live on BBC1. St Boo only brought around 250 or so but credit due to them they sang their hearts out all game.

St Boo as you call them had much more than 250 more like 700.

Not sure why we were 5000 short of normal attendance, cant blame TV.

St Boo as you call them had much more than 250 more like 700.

Not sure why we were 5000 short of normal attendance, cant blame TV.

Scottish cup attendances (in the early rounds) have been rubbish across the board for decades now.Dont understand why,when its the only chance for most teams of a trophy.

Dont think our crowd today was any worse than we've been getting in the SC of late.TV and time didnt help.Our attendances in general have been decent this season

Season tickets aren't valid for cup games?

aye this would make sense.

Scottish cup attendances (in the early rounds) have been rubbish across the board for decades now.Dont understand why,when its the only chance for most teams of a trophy.

Dont think our crowd today was any worse than we've been getting in the SC of late.TV and time didnt help.Our attendances in general have been decent this season

think your right, plenty of empty seats in all games, just thought it was an attractive game.