Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Without thinking too hard what Aberdeen memory first springs to mind??

going to my first Celtic game, around about 89, sitting up in the corner near the old beach end and nearly getting a dart in my head from one of the greatest fans in the world. I grew up a lot in footballing terms that day.

Just looked it up, it was April 89 and it was a 0-0 draw, I mind the score and it was a pretty shit game if my memory serves me well.  I had left school that week to start working and the following week I had my first ever wage packet of £42 and Aberdeen played at home and I paid  my own enterance fee, I think it was £3, for a win against Motherwell. I did ask my Ma for the money as I thought it was covered in my £10 board.  My workplace was in Merkland Road East and I used to love seeing Pittodrie every day.

standing in the terrace behind the goal at Easter Road enjoying  a can of Kestral.

Nice sunny day, first League title for 25 years.

Bliss.

Never thought I would see the words enjoying and can of Kestrel in the same sentence. Got to be one of the worst beers I have ever drank.

There's quite a few, most of them involving Jess.  That goal at Mordor, keepie ups in the semi against them in 95 (attended),  the free kick against utd at Tannadice in the utterly bonkers 5-3 win (attended and was in perfect line with said free kick), his goal against Torino,...... In fact my overall answer is Eoin Jess. 

Earliest games I can remember are the 5-0 home win against St Mirren in the late 80's (the first game I went to), Charlie Nicholas got a hat trick, Paul Mason got one of the goals, and I think McLeish was the other scorer. That and the Skol Cup final 2-1 win over the Huns. Can't remember which game came first.