Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Patrick v AFC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's why Adam Rooney is defo worth keeping

Aye, he's ace. Surprised to see him on the pitch alongside May, thought it'd be either or. Good stuff though. Hopefully that'll give him a kick up the airse that he's been needing. Either way, fantastic player to have on the pitch or bench.

Top of the league...

Aye, he's ace. Surprised to see him on the pitch alongside May, thought it'd be either or. Good stuff though. Hopefully that'll give him a kick up the airse that he's been needing. Either way, fantastic player to have on the pitch or bench.

Top of the league...

I'd love us to play 2 up front, we definitely have the players to accommodate it and a front 2 of May & Rooney wouldn't be bad at all.

I agree, however it's not McInnes's style like. Generally our two up front involves one of the two actually playing wide, which means we don't get the best out of one of them. Having seen May dropping to collect the ball and bringing others into play last week, I wouldn't be averse to seeing the two of them together. It'd just be up to our defence and midfield managing to hold it together without the extra person. 

Partick down to ten. Sounds like McLean having a decent game.

I thought he was shakey in the first half but got better.  No idea what he was playing at for the second Thistle goal - it was as if he reacted to a shove that never came and ended up hoofing the ball at Lewis from about eight yards out. 

May and Stewart were quiet.  My MOTM was Wright for his energy and skill and a nice goal.  Tansey and Christie were  pretty good too. 

I thought he was shakey in the first half but got better.  No idea what he was playing at for the second Thistle goal - it was as if he reacted to a shove that never came and ended up hoofing the ball at Lewis from about eight yards out. 

May and Stewart were quiet.  My MOTM was Wright for his energy and skill and a nice goal.  Tansey and Christie were  pretty good too.

Ahh. I only listened to the second half. Fuck him then, hope he fucks off to the huns.

Excellent result. Wasn't there but very encouraging to come back twice to grab the 3 points.

It was a discouraging performance last week so great character being shown to grind out wins.

Delighted to see Wright get a start. After his hat trick here last year, would have been mad not to.

Also pleased to hear that Shinnie started at LB. It's his best position in my opinion and he's been filling in the gaping weaknesses in midfield. Interesting that Patrick and ICT, two consecutive away wins last season were the last time he was deployed at LB. This alone may be a sign from above, although giving up 3 to that lot isn't usual.

So chuffed for Rooney. He's a slowing-down carthorse really but he's got a great goal-instinct and has been a damn good servant.

All in all, brilliant day for AFC. Well done McInnes and the squad. Milne can still fuck off.

Not going to be popular view but was at the match and thought that for the first while Shinnie looked like a fish out of water at left back.

Best on the day for us in my humble opinion Wright (in flashes), Tansey, Stewart and McLean in parts.

complete and utter roller coaster of a game, but an important three points.

Definite shove in the back for the penalty, needless action by Thistle player thought and Madden who was his usual useless self took an eternity to give it.

Not going to be popular view but was at the match and thought that for the first while Shinnie looked like a fish out of water at left back.

He's had some pretty awful games at left back when deployed there randomly every so often rather than every week (he was ace there when he played that role every week of course). Similar happened a couple of seasons back when he played there against the tims and had to be shifted into centre mid with Considine moving left after about half an hour. I'm guessing that losing 3 goals had a lot to do with him not being in midfield too. Tansey and McLean both great passers of the ball and don't shirk the challenges generally, but don't have the in-your-face work-rate of Shinnie. That said, it's nae a bad position to be in, and it's good that Shinnie is willing to move to left back when required. His best position is the one he's playing in every week I suppose. I'd say that's left back, but in our team it's centre mid.

I think Tansey is proving to be a good signing for us, a total upgrade from jack in my eyes. Does a lot of unselfish graft but is an excellent passer and definite quality from set pieces.

Central defense is definitely a concern. We were vulnerable in the air today and have a 6'3'' internation defender on the bench - was he signed as back up? Have his legs gone?? From what I saw Shinnie was poor at left back, not quite sure what was positive about the defense today.

Think the balance of our midfield and attack is good, May is more than capable of playing wide and usually drifts out the middle anyway so playing him and Rooney together will happen at times. Competition up top is good if you ask me, May and Rooney both capable of getting goals.

Also worth pointing out it's max points against teams we should be beating, while not playing overly well. The character of the team is strong, going down 2-1 and then pegged back at 3-3, heads never went down, sign of a good team.

Hopefully we train hard, bonus not losing players over the international break, then we face tougher 'top 6' type teams. Will we see any more signings before the window closes??