Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Deek to Sunderland??

Not a rumour from me. McInnes is off it seems.

If you read this forum (last week) Eric Black was meeting AFC board last week in some hotel.  A lunch.

Are you trying to tell me that the AFC board are have not had contingency plans in place given this 'rumour' has been circulating for weeks?

I would hasten to add where were you when McInnes was about to be named as the boss?  The publicity and fan reaction to it was not across the board positive with words such as 'not that hun' quite common place.

I was wanting McInnes when Calderwood was binned. There would have been evidence of this had AFCHAT not conveniently lost all their "expert" fan opinions from around that time and McGhee's league winning return. Black has done nothing to warrant the job and is a big step back into the bad old days of "might be crap but the fans will give him time because of his past". Plus we don't have any French players, last I checked, so have no need of an interpreter.

MMS  ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/dave-cormack-want-keep-derek-mcinnes-dons/

If these words are true, and I don't see why the new director would be allow to say such things if they weren't, then it is much more positive and here's hoping Deek will be here for at least one more season to guide us through the rebuilding required.

I would read it as - no permission has been granted because Sunderland still haven't met the compensation figure we want.

As soon as they do that, he'll be gone I'm sure. Huge salary, amazing facilities, big support, higher profile league, potential stepping stone to the premier league....DMc would be crazy to pass up an opportunity like that. And he won't.

:(

CLUB STATEMENT | Management Team

The club can confirm that early this afternoon Sunderland FC agreed to meet all the contractual obligations for both Derek McInnes and Tony Docherty and they have, reluctantly, been granted permission to speak with both of them about the vacant managerial position at Sunderland.

Hope McInnes has got the good sense to have a phone call with David Moyes before he puts pen to paper.

Wouldn't trust anything that Hun cunt Bain said.

Heavily involved in the granting of EBTs as well as having benefited from one himself.

i agree with BB in that it is disappointing that McInnes is(possibly) leaving when he hasn't achieved all that much (in terms of winning trophies) and this is the first time we have lost our biggest players in the transfer window so next season is a much bigger challenge.

However if he goes we can rebuild - no point in getting all hot & bothered about it - makes a change us losing a manager cause we've been decent rather than pish

We were always gonna have a completely different team next season - brilliant challenge for a new guy

i agree with BB in that it is disappointing that McInnes is(possibly) leaving when he hasn't achieved all that much (in terms of winning trophies) and this is the first time we have lost our biggest players in the transfer window so next season is a much bigger challenge.

However if he goes we can rebuild - no point in getting all hot & bothered about it - makes a change us losing a manager cause we've been decent rather than pish

We were always gonna have a completely different team next season - brilliant challenge for a new guy

As you said makes a change losing a manager because we've been decent. I'ts been over 30 years since that happened.

Oh........

I think that fact some unknown and likely no mark talent-less fool is going to be allowed to waste hard worked for cash on probably shite signings that will see us drop back to bottom six mediocrity, is the most worrying thing about it. I'd be OK with McInnes going if someone was coming in and being able to carry on with McInnes' team for a season. At least then we'd have an idea whether he should be allowed to "improve" the squad.

I read recently that Southampton are keeping detailed folios on loads of managers and coaches so if they lose their one they have a ready made list of who best to step in. Imagine Milne will be lucky to get an ad in the Wanted section of the P&J a week on Friday.