Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Deek to Sunderland??

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think he'll get bigger than Sunderland. The EPL clubs are all obsessed with foreign coaches. Thon boy at Watford who has just been canned after a season is an example. If Sunderland are serious about getting back up it could be a decent gig. Big 'if' though. He will go sooner rather than later.

I'd also go for Tommy Wright.

Don't think he'll get bigger than Sunderland. The EPL clubs are all obsessed with foreign coaches. Thon boy at Watford who has just been canned after a season is an example. If Sunderland are serious about getting back up it could be a decent gig. Big 'if' though. He will go sooner rather than later.

I'd also go for Tommy Wright.

I would agree he's unlikely to get bigger than sunderland straight from the dons but considering the state of them he could defo get better.

Thats whats being said over on the Hat. Apparently told by wiggy that next seasons budget wont be increased. So tendered resignation there and then and fucked off to Florida on holiday.

If its true he will go for Shinnie. And Hayes will definitely go to Celtic. McLean and Lewis i think would also look to get away. Could be the start of a rollercoaster of a summer...get strapped in and prepare for a bumpy ride

If true, that McInnes has resigned after hearing that the budget will not be increased then assuming he hasn't got another job lined up, he is walking because of the club's lack of ambition. That would be an honourable thing to do.

If true that McInnes has resigned and it comes out that he does have another job, it would have been dishonourable of him not to say.

If true that McInnes has resigned, whatever the reason, then we have a dilemma. The merry go round of managers includes a bunch of shit. McInnes has been our best manager for 25 years but that doesn't mean that he's not without major faults and in my book, a fatal flaw.

This is because my book says that AFC should be striving to win stuff and I don't think McInnes will ever win fuck all.

We've never had, in Milne, a chairman who shares my book. He's only interested in his personal agenda, not what is in the best interests of the club. Of course we need to balance the books but he lied to us in 1996 when he said that "the product would always be his priority". He's just had a "gift" of £10m from the Donalds, allegedly a strings-free donation and yet still he doesn't understand the correlation between success on the pitch and the commercial revenue potential.

The chairman's role includes putting the right people in the right places and as far as "the product" is concerned, a good manager is the most important appointment he can make. Milne got lucky that McInnes could at least beat the rest of the shit in the SPFL with some excellent recruitment given the limited funds but look at the shite he appointed before him and how he stuck with Calderwood so far past his sell-by date, which is my opinion had expired the minute he decided to be a football manager.

This could be a disaster but most of all, it exposes the one and only true problem at the club, a chairman who doesn't want what the fans want and who is responsible for the missing thousands at Pittodrie each week.

If true, that McInnes has resigned after hearing that the budget will not be increased then assuming he hasn't got another job lined up, he is walking because of the club's lack of ambition. That would be an honourable thing to do.

If true that McInnes has resigned and it comes out that he does have another job, it would have been dishonourable of him not to say.

If true that McInnes has resigned, whatever the reason, then we have a dilemma. The merry go round of managers includes a bunch of shit. McInnes has been our best manager for 25 years but that doesn't mean that he's not without major faults and in my book, a fatal flaw.

This is because my book says that AFC should be striving to win stuff and I don't think McInnes will ever win fuck all.

We've never had, in Milne, a chairman who shares my book. He's only interested in his personal agenda, not what is in the best interests of the club. Of course we need to balance the books but he lied to us in 1996 when he said that "the product would always be his priority". He's just had a "gift" of £10m from the Donalds, allegedly a strings-free donation and yet still he doesn't understand the correlation between success on the pitch and the commercial revenue potential.

The chairman's role includes putting the right people in the right places and as far as "the product" is concerned, a good manager is the most important appointment he can make. Milne got lucky that McInnes could at least beat the rest of the shit in the SPFL with some excellent recruitment given the limited funds but look at the shite he appointed before him and how he stuck with Calderwood so far past his sell-by date, which is my opinion had expired the minute he decided to be a football manager.

This could be a disaster but most of all, it exposes the one and only true problem at the club, a chairman who doesn't want what the fans want and who is responsible for the missing thousands at Pittodrie each week.

What utter tosh. Three cup finals in three years.

You're one of these ones who wanted McInnes sacked a year ago and refuse to believe he has proved you wrong. Which he has by the way. You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

Hearing McInnes has resigned  ???

Twitter was going into melt down last night. Didnt make for great reading. Hope to fuck Ten Caat has said isn't true as our team will be ripped to shreds. DM has been a massive part of our appeal to players.

That said, Alex Neil is available. Not sure I'd want Tommy Wright. Michael O'Neil if the budget would stretch.

What utter tosh. Three cup finals in three years.

You're one of these ones who wanted McInnes sacked a year ago and refuse to believe he has proved you wrong. Which he has by the way. You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

I didn't want him sacked a year ago. I did want our club to be engaged in succession planning however.

If you read what I wrote, I said it would be a dilemma and a disaster... IF.

He's been our best manager for 25 years.

Seen a few rumnours over on other Dons forums, I even had a scout on  Sunderland forum and they claimed to have inside info from the Evening Express, I know, that McInnes had offered his resignation.

Until it comes from Derek or the club itself I wont believe any of it.

Same sort of garbage went on with Calderwood (going to rangers rumours). considering Moyes was on £5m contract at sunderland its obvious Derek McInnes wouldn't turn it down if asked - its a massive step up challenge wise, notice wise, financially.  Its like anyone in life in a professional role. You have a cushy well paid number but maybe you fancy a shot at a bigger gig.

I've heard all this "McInnes has taken us as far as he can" stuff. Where else can AFC go? We are already punching above weight. No chance winning league at moment best shot at it was lost season 15-16. And up against it in cups as either rangers/Celtic will be be opponents.

We have no money for transfers, basic £2k a week wages and 10k season tickets.

McInnes comes across as driven, passionate, hard working. But board at AFC are a shower of incompetent knumskulls - especially that boring theuchter S.Milne. Lot of them have made a complete pigs breakfast of stadium fiasco.

McInnes is probably on Sunderland list of 'possibles' along with 15 others!  Resigned - rubbish. Sunderland fans would be hugely disappointed if he gets that job.

I did want our club to be engaged in succession planning however.

^^^This. The biggest problem I have with McInnes leaving is the lack of strategic football planning, certainly pre-McInnes. McInnes appointments make up the vast majority of our key positions. There is a strong chance that many of those will move on if McInnes does. We've consistently had huge overhauls each time a manager leave, from youth team development to goalkeeping coach and so on. Whilst, I think Rocket was referring to our next manager, I think that the continuity of backroom staff is similarly key. It's generally accepted that when a manager moves often the coaches will too, but in AFC's experience it has been significantly more than that. We need to develop a situation where the backroom staff are pretty much nailed down (obviously a new manager can overrule if he can't work with an individual or feels there are better options, or indeed a whole new position is required) and I don't believe we have that. I would expect a good bit of turmoil in the club if McInnes left. Whatever anyone thinks of McInnes' managerial skills, he has certainly picked a professional backroom staff who appear to be performing well (Kirk, the stats guy etc). It seems like the club has relied on McInnes to provide those things rather than the club understanding the need for these positions and making appointments prior to the manager coming in. The new manager, if McInnes does leave (I don't believe the resignation story), should be a seamless appointment with most of the staffing infrastructure in place with the option to change a couple where necessary. If he turns out to be a shite manager then we simply move onto the next with little fuss. I don't believe we have the strategic fitba planning sorted, and I think McInnes leaving will cause a huge mess as he cherry picks our best staff too.