Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Patrick v dons

First post for me on here, secured a bosman transfer......  :thumbsup:

What a performance at Firhill. Scott Wright has to start ahead of McGinn for me on Saturday....

Don't care about what McGinn has done in the past, it's about the here and now and form players must play. That lad was up against two hardened SPFL players today and absolutely rinsed them, with three goals to boot.

Wright could surprise the Celtic back line and tease a red or a penalty, worth the gamble for me. Youth players don't have fear.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly welcome on board Gallus.

Free speech rules the roost o'er here so knock yourself oot loon.

Secondly hear what you're saying regarding Wright for the cup final and there is definitely an argument that given the perceived lack of effort by McGinn against the Howkers, that Ncinnes should do this, however I reckon McInnes will revert to type and McGinn will start.

Spose it depends which way you think the game will go.  I would like to give septic something to think about when they see our starting line up.  I also think Wright wont let the occasion get to him if he does start.

Even then if things aren't going our way we have McGinn to come on and do his thing.  I would rather it was that way round than taking McGinn off and relying on Wright to change the game.

What ever happens he needs to get a decent amount of game time.  Imagine what it could do to your confidence if you played like today only to be handed a consolation 5 minutes at the end of Saturdays match.

A remarkable way to end a season.

6 goals and a clean sheet away from home, could not ask for more really, a teenager getting a hat-trick also, fantastic all round.

Obviously a different game next week against a completely different opposition, but we've beaten our points records, won at Ibrox for the first time since 1991 and just beat a top six team 6-0 on the fnal day of the season, the last few weeks have been positive, other than certain player's futures, we should feel confident going into this final, they are not unbeatable and we should have our tails up.

COYR

Welcome aboard min,did you get tired of Masons waffle?  :razz:

Great to see Wright getting on and doing well.Showing that he and a couple of others may have been worth a start more often in recent years.

Like the idea of Wright starting against Celtic for the element of surprise,having McGinn to come on if ness.

Looking forward cautiously to the final.

First post for me on here, secured a bosman transfer......  :thumbsup:

What a performance at Firhill. Scott Wright has to start ahead of McGinn for me on Saturday....

Behave.  Thistle had a multitude of injuries, on the back of a 5-0 doing at home on Thursday night. That's not to take away from Scott Wright's efforts but let's get it in perspective. 

Our goals were great today, loved Christie's second and Hayes's goal was a great team goal.  Was a worrying bit in the first half where Jonny seemed to be struggling and i was urging DM to take him off but he came through it. Was a training exercise really, Thistle had so little to offer unfortunately.

Mackay-Steven and Hayes both play wide left, it's their prominent positions, I am 100% certain that GMS won't be coming here.

We do need to replace McGinn though, and whilst Wright has potential, he's not quite ready to cement a starting place week-in week-out if we are to consolidate our position as best of the rest should the tims have another season like this one. He definitely deserves the opportunity pre-season though and should absolutely be in our match day squad  every week, not bad cover for our wingers.

I think even though against Patrick ...he deserves a start after that performance.

Why not?

He was better than anyone else.

Something tells me that because he got a full 90 minutes yesterday that DM won't play him from the start against Celtic..

That's how he works

You need to remember that the only reason Wright played yesterday was to rest McGinn ahead of the Cup Final.