Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Them v Aberdeen

Just saw Stockley's second yellow in the highlights. Very harsh. His arm is there and the guy runs into it, unlike his original yellow where he put his arm out. Shame for him, but he needs to be a lot smarter.

Aye. The second one was never a booking but if you've just been booked for raising an arm you just have to be careful when raising your fucking arms! Those last few minutes were fucking tense. It's a shame because Stockley was doing a cracking job just before getting his marching orders.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the merits of either if Stockley's cards he really should know better, particularly once he had got the first card.

I think his days could be numbered with us as he is in danger of becoming a liability.

Out of curiosity, I assume he is now getting a two game ban.

Will this include the cup final, or be this Sunday's game and the first of next season ?

Regardless of the merits of either if Stockley's cards he really should know better, particularly once he had got the first card.

I think his days could be numbered with us as he is in danger of becoming a liability.

Out of curiosity, I assume he is now getting a two game ban.

Will this include the cup final, or be this Sunday's game and the first of next season ?

Only one I think as it was two yellows rather than a straight red.

Aye, it's becoming a bit of a farce regarding Stockley and these bookings, all for the very same thing, leading with the arm/elbow, to be fair though, the second one in particular, the young boy doesn't actually jump, and I think Stockley was anticipating him doing so, but still, it's very frustrating. And it wasn't too long ago I was hoping he'd start ahead of Rooney, if not playing them together. Doubt he will be here next season, who knows.

The game itself though, ya fucking dancer  :laughing: :laughing: We totally outplayed them up until they scored and really should have been 2 maybe 3 to the good by that stage.

Shinnie was absolutely brilliant, a really top, top performance y him, ably assisted by O'Connor beside him, his pass to Considine for Taylor's chance was inch perfect, he's very assured with his passing. McLean was full of energy also and worked his socks off. Basically, our midfield ran the show last night. Considine's tackle on Waghorn before he did score, was genuinely superb.

I hope we take this into the Partick game, get a clean sheet, score some goals and generally play well, will definitely get the tails up for the Final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWg6pBIDRn8

And I thought Celtic TVs commentary team were bad...

Try listening to that for 93 minutes straight, it was right out of the Kim Jong-Un Football Commentary Handbook.  Every Sevco touch was "world class", every Sevco youngster was a "huge find", every Dons shot was a "great save" (and there were a lot of "great saves"  ;D ).

The McGinn free kick was the funniest, one of them spent the whole buildup to it hammering on about how it was far too far out for any player of Dons quality to take a direct shot at goal, which quickly turned into a grudging "great save"  when he bent it towards the top corner :rofl:

Stockley's 3rd red card of the season. All for use of the arms/elbows. Including one forearm smash that was last seen used by the likes of Giant Haystacks and Mark "Rollerball" Rocco on World of Sport wrestling circa 1980.

I like the loon as he does give us a different option and certainly links play far more effectively than Rooney but hes becoming a liability in the way Nigel Pepper was, and indeed probably will be scrutinised by every ref in future as they know he has form.

Needs to be read the riot act by Deek and told to work on his technique over the summer and into preseason. Hopefully he will learn but I think one more transgression next season will result in us trying to offload him. Going down to 10 men when we were already just about hanging on was really inexcusable.

Try listening to that for 93 minutes straight, it was right out of the Kim Jong-Un Football Commentary Handbook.  Every Sevco touch was "world class", every Sevco youngster was a "huge find", every Dons shot was a "great save" (and there were a lot of "great saves"  ;D ).

The McGinn free kick was the funniest, one of them spent the whole buildup to it hammering on about how it was far too far out for any player of Dons quality to take a direct shot at goal, which quickly turned into a grudging "great save"  when he bent it towards the top corner :rofl:

Have you ever listed to RedTV commentary?

Tweet doing the rounds at the mo:

I would absolutely love this to be true.  Apparently heard by a director.

Normally, i would say it was wishful thinking.  Then i read this BBC story posted today - wow, just wow.  Caixinha is coming across as a bit of a dick, some of his comments are shyte-stirring of the highest order:

"I am a guy who came here to do my job. I know I am maybe the only foreigner but I have already passed through this situation in Mexico so I am used to it."

"We don't misunderstand things here. I know what it represents to be in this chair, despite many others who should like to be here but they aren't.

What a prick, and fair play to Deek for not rising to any of it, publicly at least.  Although if he did leave the boy standing on his tod in his office for 15 minutes, that's pretty funny.  ;D

Rangers 1-2 Aberdeen: Caixinha tells McInnes not to come to manager's office

Needs to be read the riot act by Deek and told to work on his technique over the summer and into preseason. Hopefully he will learn but I think one more transgression next season will result in us trying to offload him. Going down to 10 men when we were already just about hanging on was really inexcusable.

Begs the question of whether he's good enough for us to take the risk on? I don't think he's pish, but is he really good enough to give another chance to? What if he gets red carded within the first few games and we lose patience with him and decide to ditch him. Deek, correctly IMO, decided pretty early into the season that Storey wasn't good enough but he's taken up a wage and a place on our bench for an entire season when he had no real chance of playing. Surely we go for someone else and accept the risk that they might not be as good as Stockley, but that they probably will be?

That said, we haven't even replaced Vernon or Magennis with a better option, so maybe better the devil we know.

Er, yes?  I don't think optimistic would ever sum up a Doric commentary, especially RedTV.  We give more grief to our players than all other fans combined  ;D

That's true, although it is horrendously biased. I actually thought the ex-player (Numan maybe?) came across quite objectively, comparatively speaking, last time I streamed a dons game at Mordor.

That's true, although it is horrendously biased. I actually thought the ex-player (Numan maybe?) came across quite objectively, comparatively speaking, last time I streamed a dons game at Mordor.

We're a right miserable bunch even when we are being biased  ;)

I seem to remember it was Løvenkrands, i'm sure i heard his name being mentioned.  Aye, he was a bit calmer but had considerably less airtime than the main commentator, who was determined to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. 

If that's better than it normally is, i should probably be thankful that this is the first time i've listened to SevcoTV  ;D

It was Lovenkrands co-commentator.

A club's own digital TV channel is always going to be biased.  Especially Rangers Tv or Celtic TV - they are obviously going to be pro club.

Problem is Red TV has just become a total online joke in terms of the match commentary - complete amateurish waffle and tripe spoken from start and constantly and having digs at Dons fans.  I know I am not the only one feels this way its cringeworthy garbage they come out with.

I got rid of RedTV after 4 years - its just total rubbish.  It says it all when the clubs head of Media and PR Dave McDiermid is the main match commentator for RedTV.  Would not pay for it - garbage and spoiled whole channel for me.

Having said all that Rangers coverage of the game last night was not the best.  You'd hope it would be better quality commentators really given the amount of subscribers they have globally.  Celtic TV was worse - utter trash spoken from that off - 90 mins of Jimmy Johnstone references and Celtic speak.

None the less REDTV commentary is my concern - about time the club got it fixed.  Total rubbish.

i don't mind redtv at all.

used to find it annoying and was stupid enough to not realise I could turn up the HD.

I like the commentary.its real.

I watched the beinsports channel showing the celtic game I think and I was dying to get redtv on.

beinsports was fucking awful.

no crowd noise and just this amateur English commentator talking quietly.terrible!!!

when I watch the dons I'm sorry but I wanna hear a Scottish commentator and the crowd.

:greengrin: