Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Farts - Dons - Sunday

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, a win is a win but another game where DM tried to be defensive and manage the game out? Our strength is attack, why play counter attacking football when we're not a solid defensive team?? Great to win but we make things so much harder than they need to be in my eyes. If we're going to play this way against Hearts who are so shite, what should we expect against the Huns and Celtic twice?

Ive watched this team for too long to not have a niggling feeling they could still lose a 23 goal advantage in 3 games

Here's hoping today's result takes the pressure off the last 3 games and we revert back to the default attacking style that got us 2nd place for the 3rd time in the 1st place, so tae speak.

Brilliant, second place sealed and well done to the team. We were up against it this season as our previous seasons achievements were put down to the zombies not being in the league, well we showed all the Weegie cunts that it was no fluke and to fuck with that rancid lot and their expectation.

I hope we can get a couple more wins in the final three league games at least.

COYR

hearts players came out to say goodbye to their fans as one of their stands is being knocked down. Hardly anyone left and Cathro is being boo'd  :rofl:

Wins a win but why do we always make things more difficult than they should be. Awful substitution from McInnes. I know he was trying to put more steel in midfield but surely all he had to do was swap Shinnie for McLean positionally. Hilarious watching the Hearts players walk out to near empty stands. They are shite and are lucky they got a decent number of points on the board before Nelson left. Can see them struggling next season if they do not bin Cathro.

Fabulous result well done our team tho we did make it hard for ourselves

Fantastic achievement and loved the players at the end of the game especially Shinnie and Lewis and lovely to see McInnes very animated - he is usually quite composed

I fucking love being a dons fan - Shinnie is an immense captain  :thumbsup:

Shout out to Rooney for a tremendous shift and his 20th goal - no-one better say that Stockley should be starting ahead of him - absolute bull

And the very lucky french have a rather handsome president so good day all round  ;)

I thought Le Pen was tidier than Macron....

Anyway, I'm pretty quick to criticise McInnes for his caution but we've won something like 22 out of 23 times this season after taking the lead. That's impressive. The tactic of managing the game does actually work, despite our frustration. We're a good team like, but perhaps a shiter coach would drop a lot of points by going too gung-ho at times. We play well as a team and have a fantastic work ethic. We struggle on poor pitches and when teams sit in, but I think we've vastly improved in terms of creating chances (14 shots today with 5 on target - Hertz had 8 with 1 on target). We very much deserve 2nd place and McInnes has to take a lot of the credit for it. Well done to him. Hopefully we'll fuck the Tims on Friday.

Edit: Just read BBC report, and it is 22 in 23 games we've gone ahead and won with the other a draw. Also, Pawlett was injured which is why he was subbed. So well done all round McInnes.

Not long back, quite enjoyed that today at a sun kissed Tynecastle, pretty much controlled the game apart from a 10/15 min spell at start of 2nd half.  Best performers for me Shinnie,McLean & Considine, McGinn & Hayes pretty anonymous.

Great dons following again making plenty of noise, great celebration at the end with D.M & T.D joining in. Thought Collum controlled the game very well  :o

Onto next Friday lets destroy Timothys record. :thumbsup:

I hear your point Rico, and from where we were 5 or so years ago until now, it's night and day. However, we appear to make things so much harder than they need to be. Would love us to use our strengths and push on for a second or third goal and put opponents out of sight rather than letting opponents back into the game. We rarely seem to have the killer instinct (as shown vs Motherwell and Dundee.) Had we two much better central defenders I'd feel a bit better about this holding a lead approach but it does seem we put ourselves under unnecessary pressure at times.

I think it's also worth mentioning Rooney's efforts this season. First striker since Harper to get 20 goals three seasons in a row. That is some feat. Yes he can frustrate us as be completely anonymous but he's still the best striker at the club. Probably should have reached that target sooner but well done anyway!

Mcinnes playing down our efforts to try and take the pressure off our players? Not quite sure I'd agree we're punching above our weight.

I dinnae understand the criticism of Rooney.

He's there to get goals and he gets goals.

You could always have Lee Miller back.

Rooney is a great striker to have - guaranteed goals.

But basically half the time he is standing about not doing much especially v Celtic/Rangers.  Found wanting in certain games and no contribution whatsoever.  Not even successfully challenging for high balls and no chest control, lay off ala Lee Miller.

Rather see two men up front, and next season something will have to change since McGinn will be gone.

Not criticism of him, but its clear in some games he maybe needs to be a sub and something else done to help him rather than looking like a gooseberry - LCF v Celtic?

Rooney is a great striker to have - guaranteed goals.

But basically half the time he is standing about not doing much especially v Celtic/Rangers.  Found wanting in certain games and no contribution whatsoever.  Not even successfully challenging for high balls and no chest control, lay off ala Lee Miller.

Rather see two men up front, and next season something will have to change since McGinn will be gone.

Not criticism of him, but its clear in some games he maybe needs to be a sub and something else done to help him rather than looking like a gooseberry - LCF v Celtic?

^^^You should frame it,its a cracking post  ;)

We should also explore other ways of how we supply ball to Rooney, and try to involve him more in the build up play around the box.Wonder if Christie would be a good foil for him if we were to go down the inlikely event of 2 up front