Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup Final - Dons vs Tims

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And given Aberdeen are a big team its probably fair to say some refs will like Aberdeen?  No? I can think of 3 or 4 Premier League referees from the past who came from Aberdeen?

There are no current Aberdonian refs, so your assumption is massive.

The only Aberdonian ex-refs in my lifetime that I can think of are Sandy Roy & Alan Freeland, who else?

Have to say, AFC have done a good job on the PR front in advertising this.  Seems like a lot of folk have taken them up on wee poster you can adapt and put in your window:

http://www.afc.co.uk/downloads/2017_afc_cup_final_poster_editable.pdf

Hopefully the Friday Red and White day is a great success  :thumbsup:

Gutted I can't make the game myself, but absolutely buzzin' for it!

Have to say, AFC have done a good job on the PR front in advertising this.  Seems like a lot of folk have taken them up on wee poster you can adapt and put in your window:

http://www.afc.co.uk/downloads/2017_afc_cup_final_poster_editable.pdf

Hopefully the Friday Red and White day is a great success  :thumbsup:

Gutted I can't make the game myself, but absolutely buzzin' for it!

Am a nervous wreck already! Loons are on the sleep countdown till we go to Glasgow!

Tried that link OD, but i'm guessing you were on a tablet?

This was the one I listened to, was great:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p053srh1#play

Aye that's the same thing, the link i put up was a live video stream of the studio which was being put out on the BBC Sport site, but which probably only lasted as long as the program :)

I don't know how it came across on the radio, but one of the best bits was when God thanked Chick Young for being present "as a Rangers fan to balance the panel out" - the camera cut to Chick sputtering furiously while turning an odd colour, before cutting back to the entire panel laughing at him  ;D

Overall though i was pleasantly surprised by the chat, i'd expected a barrage of misty-eyed 1967 memories and "invincible" fawning (especially when Chick kicked off the program with "Scottish Cup - does anyone fancy Aberdeen in this whole building?"), but God and Tattie held their own well.

Aye that's the same thing, the link i put up was a live video stream of the studio which was being put out on the BBC Sport site, but which probably only lasted as long as the program :)

I don't know how it came across on the radio, but one of the best bits was when God thanked Chick Young for being present "as a Rangers fan to balance the panel out" - the camera cut to Chick sputtering furiously while turning an odd colour, before cutting back to the entire panel laughing at him  ;D

Overall though i was pleasantly surprised by the chat, i'd expected a barrage of misty-eyed 1967 memories and "invincible" fawning (especially when Chick kicked off the program with "Scottish Cup - does anyone fancy Aberdeen in this whole building?"), but God and Tattie held their own well.

You could tell, it was brilliant.  I just knew Chick was sweating profusely! Thanks for the heads up anyway, a great listen.

Its on at 12am til 2am.

I was going to record it and get up early Sunday morning to watch it.

However, I feel I would lose some of my Aberdeen supporting soul if I waited til the morning.

So 2am it is and waking up fooking knackered and hungover.

Hmm.what to do.I'm staying up.deffo.

;D

Wud anyone call me a wanker if I went to bed and watched it in the morning?