Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Parking at Hampden

I am trying to help people.

Go to the internet, parkopedia for example.  Type in Hampden Park and litterly hundreds of spaces available for free come up within 20 mins walking of Hampden.

Its simple.

I look forward to renting a space in your drive once the new stadium in Westhill is built  :thumbsup:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=donsdaft link=topic=19340.msg314604#msg314604 

I would say the 76 final against timothy was the 'pomagne bottle' final, covered end split 50/50, bottles & cans flying constantly, after match was interesting too  :o :o

I was there in 1978, don't remember the Pomagne bottles though.

Probably the same reason the Tims were in half the Protestant End in 1976

That was when it was "fair" to only give the Dons fans about 20,000 tickets.

They are still arguing their case to return to those days.

It's mental that in 2017 areas of the ground are allocated on the basis of this perceived crap.

Surely with Hibs coming from Embra it'd be easier for them to come off the M8 and through the south side, Shawlands way taking them into the Mount Florida end?

Ditto, for us coming from North of Glasgow it's easier to come off at the "Carlisle" bit, M73/M74 whatever, then come in  the Rutherglen/Torryglen side?

I'm sure not a Hibee in the world would've bothered their arse about being in the "orange" end yesterday.

You just despair of this wee country sometimes.

They had the hun end in the '86 final.Think the opposite end in the semi final in the nineties

I'm sure when we have played either of the diet twins from Edinburgh, they have been in their respective bigger , biggettod nds.  I.e. Farts Mt Florida  Hibs  East End 

It does not matter if its other sides.  When Celtic and Rangers are involved in the final we get the traditional end not occupied by the other.

Its nothing to do with a 'conspiracy' or a 'SFA bias' its tradition and relates to policing operational matters.

We get Rangers end, likewise if we play Rangers in a final we get East end.

Its fairly straightforward. Its been that way since 60's, 70's. As far I am aware it was like that in 1976 LCF.

Its a fair split - same tickets each thats it.

The dressing rooms is different as far as I am aware

It does not matter if its other sides.  When Celtic and Rangers are involved in the final we get the traditional end not occupied by the other.

Its nothing to do with a 'conspiracy' or a 'SFA bias' its tradition and relates to policing operational matters.

We get Rangers end, likewise if we play Rangers in a final we get East end.

Its fairly straightforward. Its been that way since 60's, 70's. As far I am aware it was like that in 1976 LCF.

Its a fair split - same tickets each thats it.

The dressing rooms is different as far as I am aware

My god min, you dinna half spik a load of shite.

The fact that anyone accepts it is abhorrent.

1976 of course, as mentioned at least half a dozen times in this very thread, we got half the Protestant end and a wee bit of the South Stand.

I was in the South Stand with a wonderful view of constant flying bottles.

Its not crap or shite.

There has always been the traditional 'celtic' end and the traditional 'rangers' end at Hampden. Its nothing to do with bias.

Why would what end we have at hampden have any bearing on the game?

Whether you like it or not that is the way it is.  We have won the cup 7 times they have between them won it 69 times so in 120 odd years of Hampden finals one of them has been bloody in the Hampden final as they are the two biggest teams in Scotland!!!

Rangers (Ibrox) is in the west (west stand) and Celtic is in the east (so they get east stand).

Its not that difficult.

So the 2017 final we get West Stand as basically Celtic have always got the east.

To be honest, I dont see what is so 'abhorent' with it.  It makes no difference whatsoever which end we get at hampden as in every final we have played Celtic including 67, 70, 76 (LC), 84, 90, 00 (lc) and 16 (LC) we get the Rangers end.

WTF is it that is so abhorent about this. Its always been that way?

We get same tickets for this final as them.

Rangers (Ibrox) is in the west (west stand) and Celtic is in the east (so they get east stand).

Its not that difficult.

Are you one of those folk who thinks Glasgow is split into a Rangers half and a Celtic half (with a Small contested 'Kashmir' zone full of Thistle Fans)?

God help anyone seen wearing Green & White in Kinning Park or Blue in Ballieston etc

Personally I think the Dons should demand the East End of Hampden because Pittodrie is further East than Celtic park.

Trouble is you guys are (what I call) in the north east bubble. 

You cant see past anyone without a doric accent who doesn't say 'min' after every conversation sentence.

I appreciate this is a Dons forum but there has always been an end that is traditionally celtic end and another rangers end.

This whole argument started by someone saying 'hope we have a toss of coin'.

There is no toss of coin.  Why would you want one? Or need one?

And why for goodness sake would you be so interested in getting the East Stand?  Why does it make any difference?

Its is absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the SFA in anyway whatsoever.  No correlation to Wembley in any way whatsoever and what happens at Wembley.

Celtic traditionally get the eastern end of Hampden and Rangers west.  From Central, Rangers fans were directed to Mount Florida and Celtic fans to Kings Park these are the stations designated for police purposes.  In addition Rangers fans tend to meet in West (buses) so obviously it makes sense for them to occupy West.

Likewise, Celtic fans occupy East of Glasgow so go to the East stand!

For goodness sake, if you want me to come on here and agree with you just because its some stupid North East 'anti old firm' gripe than I am not going to!

Why would Aberdeen being in the West Stand at Cup Final be any problem FFS!!!!!!

There is parking all over Glasgow.  If truth be told on Cup Final day dont park anywhere near Hampden as its a fiacso getting away.

Park in Maryhill or something and get the train.

Are you one of those folk who thinks Glasgow is split into a Rangers half and a Celtic half (with a Small contested 'Kashmir' zone full of Thistle Fans)?

God help anyone seen wearing Green & White in Kinning Park or Blue in Ballieston etc

Personally I think the Dons should demand the East End of Hampden because Pittodrie is further East than Celtic park.

No, I am not.

I have lived in Glasgow, studied in Glasgow and know hundreds of Dons fans who live in Glasgow.

To be brutally honest some stupid argument over Aberdeen getting the 'east stand' is pathetic.  Nonsensical pointless gripe.

The argument is about sectarianism.

Hibs get the Catholic end against us

Hearts get the Protestant end against us.

Don't you think, just as a gesture, just to disprove my accusation, they could toss a coin to see which end we get?