Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Parking at Hampden

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fit's wrong wi' hibs like? Also, is that nae the end we're supposed to park at, or have I got it wrong?

I haven't actually organised transport there yet. Was thinking of bussing it or taking the wife's car as mine een's brakes are fucked.

If you're parking at Hampden do yourself a favour and park as far away as you're able to walk because if you park close to Hampden it will take you fucking forever to get away. Especially if you park at or close to Asda. Got back to the car when I was there in summer of 2015 and literally didn't move for an hour. I vowed never to drive to Hampden again after that. Fucking shambles.

There are restrictions all around Hampden during events and hundreds of wardens dishing out tickets.

The warden kindly showed me to a spot where they don't charge folk last time I was there, which was kind of her (and she wisnae lying). Very close to the grun, but the wrong end this time roon.

There are some streets with no restrictions on one side and restriction on the other side of the street.  It depends on traffic flow really. In addition, there are problems getting away especially from a 30k+ crowd.

Plus many streets are not marked well where restrictions are.  There are hundreds of spare places to park in South glasgow but you need to plan it before you go.

I'm nae gaun so I haven't paid any attention to the ticketing arrangements.

It has however never crossed my mind that we wouldn't be put into the Protestant End.

Why the fuck does nobody ever complain about stuff like that.

The powers at be are allowed to carry blatant sectarianism into the day to day running of our game but I am not supposed to call Kenny McLean a poof when he chickens out of yet another challenge.

I'm nae gaun so I haven't paid any attention to the ticketing arrangements.

It has however never crossed my mind that we wouldn't be put into the Protestant End.

Why the fuck does nobody ever complain about stuff like that.

The powers at be are allowed to carry blatant sectarianism into the day to day running of our game but I am not supposed to call Kenny McLean a poof when he chickens out of yet another challenge.

Aye, I never even thought. Do the Hibees actually have a specific side of the ground? I just assumed we'd be at the most logical side of the ground for transport for dons fans (before I picked up my tickets). Weird that the club didn't make a thing about it. Stupid kick off time, and further to travel.

Aye, it's all chosen on the basis of traffic.

That's why when we played Hearts in the Scottish cup final it was easier to travel from Edinburgh to the Protestant End and when we played Hibs earlier in the season in the League cup final it was easier to travel from Edinburgh to the Catholic End.

I've been to every cup final since I missed out in 1970 and a fair few semi finals.

The only time I wasn't sold a ticket based on sectarian segregation was a semi final against Dundee United.

Either they got it wrong, or more likely, used the occasion to try to prove sectarianism has nothing to do with it.

As far as I am concerned it was the exception that proved the rule.

Aye, it's all chosen on the basis of traffic.

That's why when we played Hearts in the Scottish cup final it was easier to travel from Edinburgh to the Protestant End and when we played Hibs earlier in the season in the League cup final it was easier to travel from Edinburgh to the Catholic End.

But is it easier to get to the Tim end for Hibs or not (actual trafficwise)? That's what I wanted to know. If not, then that's a pretty big thing I'd have thought. Easier to police perhaps, in terms of getting folks away from the ground without overlapping/clashing? I'm just thinking of any good reason that they could possibly use to justify it.

I had to think about it too. It started early, in 2000, *shudders*

The one I remember vividly was the Pomagne bottles final about 1978. Why there were huns at the kafflick end, fuck knows.

I was there in 1978, don't remember the Pomagne bottles though.

Probably the same reason the Tims were in half the Protestant End in 1976

That was when it was "fair" to only give the Dons fans about 20,000 tickets.

They are still arguing their case to return to those days.

But is it easier to get to the Tim end for Hibs or not (actual trafficwise)? That's what I wanted to know. If not, then that's a pretty big thing I'd have thought. Easier to police perhaps, in terms of getting folks away from the ground without overlapping/clashing? I'm just thinking of any good reason that they could possibly use to justify it.

They can use any excuse they like, it's still a load of shite though.

I was there in 1978, don't remember the Pomagne bottles though.

Probably the same reason the Tims were in half the Protestant End in 1976

That was when it was "fair" to only give the Dons fans about 20,000 tickets.

They are still arguing their case to return to those days.

I'm not talking about the Stewart Ritchie McCloy swinging fae the crossbar final so maybe got the date wrong. I was at that one with my da and brother. It was maybe just after that. The whole final, it rained bottles to the right of the catholic end. Might have been a semi but it was a beautiful sunny day and I'm sure it was a 3 pm Saturday.

Just googled it. Was the League Cup final 78-79.

Here is a solve for you.

Go to the internet www.

Type in 'Free parking in Glasgow' the date, times.

The chances are something will appear to your requirements.

It did for me.

Thanks

What the fuck are you on about? We're discussing the ends. The parking was resolved ages ago.