Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

AFC v Killie

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Point again proven that DM thinks we're too lightweight in center mid hence Shinnie starting there again. Although Hayes at left back, good grief. Don't understand why AOC was dropped for a game?

Never saw the game, just saw the goals. Good to see Hayes score from a wide area, likewise McGinn. Also, looks like Rooney was a little more lively?

Maddison is a super player but it's tough for him here judging by another booking. Refs clearly think he's a diver. When he leaves DM must sign tough midfielders so that McLean goes back to attacking mid where he's most suited

Lewis

Logan OConnor Considine Shinnie (capt)

New Signing New Signing (Tansey? Davidson?)

McGinn McLean Hayes

Rooney

Subs - Alexander, Reynolds, Jack, Storey, Storie, Stockley, Pawlett, Wright, McKenna

Don't even know if Tansey or Davidson are that good but they're the most common names mentioned.....

Leaving in Jan - Morris, Burns, Taylor

I suspect that team finishes a clear second provided they play these positions??

Good result but these games are surely when to bring on Storie and wright no?

Thought Shinnie was a bit over the place too much.

Great to see Pawlett back to playin well. Wish we had used his pace against rangers.

Did you see Stockley's defensive work at 88minutes.it was brilliant.

Reminded me of the clip they always show when Brazil played out from defence against Italy I think it was.' World Cup?

McInnes still showing signs of poor management though despite 5-1

Got to hand it to Deek. Great result. How he achieved it was brilliant innovation.

1. Firstly he didn't start Shinnie in his best position but who would have had the imagination to start Hayes there instead? It's not the first time we've seen Johnny at LB but possibly the first time he's started there?

2. Then he demonstrates great adaptability and flexibility in changing it early doors, a genius tactical switch which presumably totally flummoxed the even more hapless manager on the opposition bench.

3. Like ICT and Partick, McInnes played only 2 of the 4 available CB's, a move which although common sense to many, one that he erred in for every other game this season, preferring to shoehorn Consi into LB instead. Only a fool fails to learn from his mistakes but the bigger fool keeps on stubbornly making the same ones.

4. Dropping AOC at Ibrox was inspired. He has been the best performing CB this season but consigning him to the bench for the most important fixture of our season so far shows the strength of the manager, showing the squad that nobody is immune from the possibility (apart from Lewis, Logan and Consi). His one game absence meant he came back hungrier and got himself on the scoresheet last night so it was well worth sacrificing the Ibrox game for the greater good, the home tie v. Killie. It also shows how strong McInnes is for meting out punishment, O'Connor's rare mistake once the horse had bolted at Hampden being the scapegoat.

5. Sacrificing the final AND Ibrox by keeping McGinn on the bench must have worked wonders. It's not every day AFC score 5 against one of the country's best teams, the SPFL being the cream of Scotland.

The shambles of the last 2 weeks (+ the weather) added to the missing thousands last night but this result, complete with tactical master strokes will bring them all back for St Johnstone. Apart from me again. Fuck that fixture. Always a bore fest.

I saw that St Mirren got their first win of the season last night. Aye, December. 15 games in a shit league.

Their no. 1 was on the bench I see as the preferred keeper last night was no. 12 Scott Gallacher.

And yet successive AFC managers kept on picking Langfield and many fans defended the hapless fool.

The effect of managers not picking the best side or putting them out in the wrong formations is immeasurably devastating. I wonder if not having Clangers in goal was the inspiration they needed? Having him behind you must induce fear and loathing, not that the managers appointed by Milne at AFC could see the obvious. Maybe McInnes finally doing something right (now that the horses have bolted) was the catalyst for five goals last night. Plus a really shit opposition of course.

Was surprised to see they missed out the Maddison booking though thought at the time it looked more of a dive than a foul.

The boy behind me stood up applauding and loudly called it a fantastic decision until his mate put him right and told him Maddison had been booked. :rofl:

Was surprised to see they missed out the Maddison booking though thought at the time it looked more of a dive than a foul.

The boy behind me stood up applauding and loudly called it a fantastic decision until his mate put him right and told him Maddison had been booked. :rofl:

:eek:

You dinna sit in SSW do you?! I was out my seat applauding but more to do with Kenny's play in the build up to that incident (don't know if you recall Kenny's play then but it was superb), but i did also think we'd been awarded a foul. I did sit down sharpish when i realised what was going on...  :redface:

:eek:

You dinna sit in SSW do you?! I was out my seat applauding but more to do with Kenny's play in the build up to that incident (don't know if you recall Kenny's play then but it was superb), but i did also think we'd been awarded a foul. I did sit down sharpish when i realised what was going on...  :redface:

Think I was last night though only as I couldn't be arsed with Y in the rain and seemed like most folk had the same idea.

Good performances all round anyway.

Got to hand it to Deek. Great result. How he achieved it was brilliant innovation.

1. Firstly he didn't start Shinnie in his best position but who would have had the imagination to start Hayes there instead? It's not the first time we've seen Johnny at LB but possibly the first time he's started there?

2. Then he demonstrates great adaptability and flexibility in changing it early doors, a genius tactical switch which presumably totally flummoxed the even more hapless manager on the opposition bench.

3. Like ICT and Partick, McInnes played only 2 of the 4 available CB's, a move which although common sense to many, one that he erred in for every other game this season, preferring to shoehorn Consi into LB instead. Only a fool fails to learn from his mistakes but the bigger fool keeps on stubbornly making the same ones.

4. Dropping AOC at Ibrox was inspired. He has been the best performing CB this season but consigning him to the bench for the most important fixture of our season so far shows the strength of the manager, showing the squad that nobody is immune from the possibility (apart from Lewis, Logan and Consi). His one game absence meant he came back hungrier and got himself on the scoresheet last night so it was well worth sacrificing the Ibrox game for the greater good, the home tie v. Killie. It also shows how strong McInnes is for meting out punishment, O'Connor's rare mistake once the horse had bolted at Hampden being the scapegoat.

5. Sacrificing the final AND Ibrox by keeping McGinn on the bench must have worked wonders. It's not every day AFC score 5 against one of the country's best teams, the SPFL being the cream of Scotland.

The shambles of the last 2 weeks (+ the weather) added to the missing thousands last night but this result, complete with tactical master strokes will bring them all back for St Johnstone. Apart from me again. Fuck that fixture. Always a bore fest.

I don't believe AOC was not dropped, I was under the impression he went off injured in the cup final.

Hayes has certainly started a few games at left back, although not, as far as I can remember, under Deek.  Pa Broon played him there a few times.  Maybe he was the one with the imagination.