Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

AFC v Killie

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see O'Connor the last time he played in midfield? He was woeful. Too slow on the turn, couldn't cope, but did manage the occasional hard challenge which meant some people probably overlooked the fact he was pish.

I did, but that was him just arrived at the club, was it not? And I think it was a European game also? Could be wrong, but the point I make with him playing in there is, that he's now probably found his feet, and would be ideal in there for a game like tonight's. Just my opinion, but more to the point, we don't really need 2 sitting midfielders for a game such as tonight's.

I think it's the left side that is the issue not Taylor (although Taylor is a horses ass, and pish and shouldn't be near the team). Has to be Considine in centre and Shinnie at left back. Couldn't care as much about Taylor or O'Connor after the cup final debacle.

But that leaves a decision in centre midfield, which McInnes will not make. We have Storie, Pawlett, Hayes or O'Connor as realistic possibilities (he's nae - quite correctly - going to play Maddison in there as part of a 2). He's clearly going to play Shinnie ahead of any of those. Flood would have solved this problem. So would signing a fucking midfielder.

Reading through the thread again it's evident that folk are pretty much stressed about every area of the team.

Debates about what the centre back pairing should be, the two season long debate about the midfield continues and now that Rooney is off the boil we're not sure who should be playing up top....

Who'd be a fitba manager?  :dunno:

A couple of match stats nicked from the Beeb site

• Aberdeen have won their last 11 matches against Kilmarnock, all league fixtures.
  • Kilmarnock beat Dundee on Saturday but have not managed back-to-back victories this season.

Obviously if one of these sequences change they both change, will that really set alarm bells ringing for us or will it just be a sign that Killie are improving?

Reading through the thread again it's evident that folk are pretty much stressed about every area of the team.

Debates about what the centre back pairing should be, the two season long debate about the midfield continues and now that Rooney is off the boil we're not sure who should be playing up top....

Who'd be a fitba manager?  :dunno:

I don't think there's much debate, I think everyone agrees that our back 4, let alone the CB pairing, should be Logan, O'Connor, Considine, Shinnie

I only suggested tonight's line up due to Jack being suspended, or he'd be in the sitting CDM role with O'Connor replacing Taylor. And I maintain that we should never have 2 CDM's, we are good enough to allow for 1, be it Jack, Storie or O'Connor. Possibly on a bigger pitch it makes sense to have 2 ( Parkhead, Ibrox, Hampden ) But in all our home games, and majority of Away games, excluding above mentioned venues, we should not be set up as defensive as we are.

A couple of match stats nicked from the Beeb site

• Aberdeen have won their last 11 matches against Kilmarnock, all league fixtures.
  • Kilmarnock beat Dundee on Saturday but have not managed back-to-back victories this season.

Obviously if one of these sequences change they both change, will that really set alarm bells ringing for us or will it just be a sign that Killie are improving?

Not if it's a draw. One changes, the other doesn't.