Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Holidays 2017

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiancées brother and a few mates piped their way around Europe a couple of summers ago in a camper van, sounded like a riot... something I always wished I'd done before graduating. Enjoy!  :thumbsup:

Cheers, I'm sure I will.  Always wanted to do it so no more putting it off.  I took the camper over to the fola esch game, loved every minute of it.  Can't beat the feeling when you've drove 400 miles, you pull up to the site and the first thing you do is plug in the electric, top up the water tank then get a cold beer out the fridge and sit outside in the sun!

Wife has a "special" birthday next December so we (she) booked Florida and a cruise on Oasis of the Seas in the Carribean.....That's a long way away so in June were off to Coral Bay Cyprus.

Have you been on a cruise before?  Royal Caribbean are brilliant.  I was on the adventure of the seas in the med a few years back and loved it. The oasis will be even bigger. 

Have you been on a cruise before?  Royal Caribbean are brilliant.  I was on the adventure of the seas in the med a few years back and loved it. The oasis will be even bigger.

Been on about 10 or 11 cruises, We usualy go with Royal Caribbean, done Oasis sister ships Allure and more recently Harmony...... what a fucking size!

Been on about 10 or 11 cruises, We usualy go with Royal Caribbean, done Oasis sister ships Allure and more recently Harmony...... what a fucking size!

Is harmony their newest one?  Quite mesmerising when you pull up next to them at the port.  Never done a Caribbean one before.  Maybe one day.

Is harmony their newest one?  Quite mesmerising when you pull up next to them at the port.  Never done a Caribbean one before.  Maybe one day.

Yes it just came out this year, done the summer in the Med from Barcalona (thats when I was on it) and relocated to Port Everglades. Biggest cruise ship in the world, some beastie like  :eek:

Not booked yet but planning on heading over to San Francisco again for a couple of weeks next November and maybe head down the coast to LA and San Diego.

Despite how shite we are will probably end up at Scotland away games in Lithuania and Slovenia as well.

Thailand, ao nang in july. Went to Koh samui off the east coast this year and loved it, so returning to the country, but the west coast, nae keen on repeat trips, can only get to the hotel by speed boat, should be fun if it's rough.

Seemingly got a big anniversary next December too, NYC was mentioned but if I get a choice I'd love to go to San Francisco. Although my daughter is just back this week from NY and she rekon the exchange rate now is killing it

• 1 month later...

Weve been going over to the western isles every year,for years, for the fishing and hillwalking.Love it,but,weve also built up a fund to go somewhere different every 5 years to break it up a bit

Went to Norway,which was fine,but nae desperate to go back,Canada is an option but a bit far.Someone suggested Iceland.Fishing looks great,but dont know much about the place,and looking for other things to do while there.Anyone been and thought it was worht a visit? Any recommendations for Outdoorsy things to do,stuff to see?

Heading to New York on the 2nd of January for my 30th on the 5th.

Wee bit better than Falkirk 0-0 Aberdeen on my 21st.

Sounds shite.

Nothing booked yet but I have one or two plans. I'm planning on going over to Flushing Meadows for the closing stages of the US Open this year.

My Mrs always talks about wanting to go to Lanzarote again so we might actually do that. I've nae been and it's not somewhere that she's manage to sell me on but I suppose it's not just about me! And I might enjoy it so will see if we can sort something. Anyone been? I'm assured it's not full of cockney/pikey rude boy cunt wankers.

Iceland.Fishing looks great,but dont know much about the place,and looking for other things to do while there.Anyone been and thought it was worht a visit? Any recommendations for Outdoorsy things to do,stuff to see?

It's ace. Although I was shitefaced. It was my stag doo. But good though, you should go.

I booked the campervan on the eurostar on the 19th December. Planning going richt through France and going down the Spanish coast.  Stopping in Barcelona, maybe Valencia then just go where ever I fancy.  Going myself and it's a kind of dummy run to see how much I enjoy it.  If I get on fine then I'm taking 6 months off work next summer and doing a big tour via Holland, Germany and hopefully as far as Slovenia as I loved my time over there for the Europa tie. Beautiful country.

Hey Mondo, how u get on in the campervan? Did u land doon my way?

Hey Mondo, how u get on in the campervan? Did u land doon my way?

How's it going Malaga?  The trip was brilliant.  Caught the eurostar on the 19th and headed right through France, I should have really researched my route as I ended up climbing some pretty steep mountain roads in a blizzard.  Needed a new change of boxers but the van got me up to 1100metres and down the other side no problem at all!  Some cracking roads though including going over the Millau viaduct in Southern France..... Amazing piece of engineering.

2qbacl2.jpg

Amazing how much of a change in the weather pretty much as soon as you cross the Spanish border.  I stopped at a lovely site at Villanova before spending christmas at Benidorm (met a lovely stripper called Maria  :thumbsup:) and spent the last few days of the trip at a cracking site at La Manga.  It was a huge site with plenty to do and a great restaurant on it's own private beach, love the calamari!

It was soon obvious that I was never going to have enough time to get as far as Gib or even Mallaga but my auntie (in Murcia) is looking after the van for me so it will be kept in nice weather and next time I will fly over to Murcia and carry on from there so should get down your way.

Here's the van on my last day there on a visit to the cliffs at La Manga.  2000k miles I did altogether and enjoyed every minute of it.

6em45y.jpg

How's it going Malaga?  The trip was brilliant.  Caught the eurostar on the 19th and headed right through France, I should have really researched my route as I ended up climbing some pretty steep mountain roads in a blizzard.  Needed a new change of boxers but the van got me up to 1100metres and down the other side no problem at all!  Some cracking roads though including going over the Millau viaduct in Southern France..... Amazing piece of engineering.

2qbacl2.jpg

Amazing how much of a change in the weather pretty much as soon as you cross the Spanish border.  I stopped at a lovely site at Villanova before spending christmas at Benidorm (met a lovely stripper called Maria  :thumbsup:) and spent the last few days of the trip at a cracking site at La Manga.  It was a huge site with plenty to do and a great restaurant on it's own private beach, love the calamari!

It was soon obvious that I was never going to have enough time to get as far as Gib or even Mallaga but my auntie (in Murcia) is looking after the van for me so it will be kept in nice weather and next time I will fly over to Murcia and carry on from there so should get down your way.

Here's the van on my last day there on a visit to the cliffs at La Manga.  2000k miles I did altogether and enjoyed every minute of it.

6em45y.jpg

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Trip looked good Mondo!

Not likely to have many trips away this year, although will have a week up north prior to a fellow DonStalkers wedding in June.  Would like to do the Highland 500 but I can't see us having enough time in between seeing my family.  Been years since i've been up that way.

Trip looked good Mondo!

Not likely to have many trips away this year, although will have a week up north prior to a fellow DonStalkers wedding in June.  Would like to do the Highland 500 but I can't see us having enough time in between seeing my family.  Been years since i've been up that way.

Provided you don't do anything to said donstalker on his stag do to warrant being uninvited to the wedding of course  ;):-*

Aren't you forgetting a pretty big trip at the end of the year too? :o

Trip looked good Mondo!

Am up those areas every other w/e.Gies a shout if youre stuck for ideas/what to do,tracks,trails,beaches,bnbs etc