Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Abuse on Saturday

Now people have been saying that Clark especially will be getting abuse on Saturday. Have they thought this through? No they haven't! We can still get money for him, and if we are singing "Your not worth a fiver" etc etc at him and there is a scout up they may rumble he is not worth anything. There may be even more scouts there to watch our Scotland B International, so I vote we have wail and gnash our teeth to pretend we will miss him and try and get some money in for him.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now people have been saying that Clark especially will be getting abuse on Saturday. Have they thought this through? No they haven't! We can still get money for him, and if we are singing "Your not worth a fiver" etc etc at him and there is a scout up they may rumble he is not worth anything. There may be even more scouts there to watch our Scotland B International, so I vote we have wail and gnash our teeth to pretend we will miss him and try and get some money in for him.

Yeah. I applaud your fine example. ::)

If this was QI you would have been deducted 10 points  ::)

Back to reality however, I see your point. Clark is a player I've always defended on the message boards, and I'd never boo him to be honest. There will be many people on Saturday that will, but you may be reading into it much. If there is scouts, then I reckon the scouts will just think "because he's not signing a new contract, he's getting boooed". That's just how I see it.

I know Clark has been awful this season, but I've always rated the guy. If he could learn to stop playing hide and seek at times, I still believe he can be a good player. Just my viewpoint.....

Yeah, cos a scout is going to base his opinions of a player on how a few pissed up arseholes react to the player.

I think while they're playing give them support. We need EVERYONE this saturday.

Some are endorsing singing songs about Clark 'dying' over on AFC-Chat which is fucking abysmal, to be honest.

Absolutely horrid

I'm desperate for win so will be as supportive as ever. I will say though, the likes of Clark makes a mistake it will get him tortured by the fans though.

Quote from: Simmy on Today at 11:48:40 AM

I think while they're playing give them support. We need EVERYONE this saturday.

Some are endorsing singing songs about Clark 'dying' over on AFC-Chat which is fucking abysmal, to be honest.

Absolutely horrid

To the tune of "Fuck all, you're gonna win Fuck all", : Chris Clark, why don't you die you cunt

Morons. Absolute fucking morons. So what if he doesn't want to stay here? Most of them didn't want him in the first place.

It's halfwits like these that give the West Coast Media all the ammunition they need.

Morons. Absolute fucking morons. So what if he doesn't want to stay here? Most of them didn't want him in the first place.

It's halfwits like these that give the West Coast Media all the ammunition they need.

This. Even if it's in jest, which i don't think it is, it's highly inappropriate

I won't be booing anyone.

I can pretty much understand Hart and Nicholsons decision to go - they have proven themselves in an Aberdeen shirt and should get what they deserve in terms of contracts.  If that's not at Aberdeen, then so be it.  An opportunity missed for us, but nobody can deny that they have been good servants to the club or begrudge them that they have earned a good payday with consistent displays over the last few seasons.

However, the thought of us going cap in hand to ask Chris fucking Clark to sign on the dotted line and for him to turn around and say "no thanks - i deserve better than that" leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth, and I don't want him in an Aberdeen shirt again.  Some might say that smacks of double standards, but i think you reap what you sew and he seems to be dragging himself along on the coat-tails of others who have done a good job for us during a good period for the club. 

Fuck him - i won't boo him but i don't want to see him in a red shirt again.

I'm not surprised at the reaction on BNP chat however - fucking idiots.  ::)

If he plays well and contributes to a fine Aberdeen FC performance, I think we should do the exact opposite and back him to the hilt.  As an Aberdeen fan, I'm quite sure he'll want to give the performance of his life on Saturday to silence his critics and show how much the club means to him.

Putting his recent performances and contract situation aside, he deserves support like all the rest of the team.  Until such time as he is consistently losing possession or not applying himself properly, he will receive my backing 100%.  Every game is a clean slate for me.

This. Even if it's in jest, which i don't think it is, it's highly inappropriate

Just read the whole post, Simmy. You're pissing against the wind with that lot.

K-9:

First thought was to remove but seems common sense has prevailed from most.

I'm not entirely sure what sense has prevailed, certainly isn't the popular meaning of common sense.