Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Confirmed news - from Press Conference

AFC have bigger fish to fry than Michael Hart who seems to have an overestimated sense of self-worth.

Really? Our Vice-captain and one of our most consistent performers asked to be paid the same as the other top earners at the club. Justified in my opinion and AFC are idiots to let him go. Can't disagree with anything he said in the EE article.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Our Vice-captain and one of our most consistent performers asked to be paid the same as the other top earners at the club. Justified in my opinion and AFC are idiots to let him go. Can't disagree with anything he said in the EE article.

You canny prove any of it is true either.

Clark and Hart can eff off. I look forward with interest what Scottish club (as Fatjim says) they end up at.

Clark will end up at Hibs or Inverness before next season is out and Hart will move to the heady heights of Swansea or some such pish.

Look at your bank balances boys, it's all you'll ever have.

Having been in the position where I was training people to do the same position as myself and getting paid less for the privilege, I'd have to side with Hart on this.

Fair's fair after all and it's not like he was asking for something that others less competent are receiving.

You'll probably find that Zander, Foster and Considine won't be far off what Hart was getting whilst McNamara, Seve and Miller are on double for producing not an awful lot.

All the best Micheal.

Really?

Yes.

The current squad of players is solid, but average.

Individially, there were more players in the teams of Roy Aitken & Alex Miller that you'd be pleading to keep at Pittodrie than in the current squad.

I think this could actually turn out to be the best thing to happen to AFC in a while.  Freshen up the squad before it goes stale.  There's got to be at least 10 Michael Harts out there waiting to be snapped up by a team like ours.

One player does not a team make.  AFC will live longer than Michael Hart.

Having been in the position where I was training people to do the same position as myself and getting paid less for the privilege, I'd have to side with Hart on this.

Fair's fair after all and it's not like he was asking for something that others less competent are receiving.

You'll probably find that Zander, Foster and Considine won't be far off what Hart was getting whilst McNamara, Seve and Miller are on double for producing not an awful lot.

All the best Micheal.

My sentiments entirely.

I THINK these are new quotes from Calderwood... if not, apologies

With several other players out of contract at the end of the season, Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood confirmed Barry Nicholson had rejected new terms.

However, Calderwood remains positive on the chances of defender Zander Diamond staying at Pittodrie.

Calderwood's contract also expires in the summer.

Strikers Steve Lovell and Lee Miller, goalkeeper Derek Soutar and defender Richie Byrne are all in the same boat.

"We have built up a very good squad in the last few years but every individual has their own choice to make in life," said Calderwood.

"We are starting to be a feeder country for bigger countries which is great in one way but I don't know if it's good for Scottish football.

"And when they come out of contract, every club has their limits on what they can do."

Calderwood, now in his fourth season at Pittodrie, has been offered a new deal but is looking for assurances that he will have money to improve his squad.

"It's not clear cut but until I've actually signed a new contract, leaving the club remains a possibility," he added.

"I hope it doesn't come to that because I want to stay here, but it is how much others want me to stay that is really going to matter.

"We'll see what develops over the next few days.

"The coaching staff and I will see how things go on the player front this week, then decide what we plan to do.

"If they leave it will be a huge blow, I don't see how we could take four players of that quality in during the transfer window.

"We feel we've done well here but it's now a case of seeing how far the directors are willing to take things forward."

Diamond, a former Scotland Under-21 international centre-half, will meet with the club later this week to discuss his future.

Ho hum.

Players leave clubs happened in the past to "future scottish internationals" like, err, Rowson(?) and I'm sure others that have really "lit up" football with their mediocre clubs, but they make money, and don't disappear without a trace.

Goodbye, goodluck, goodriddance!

As I said, anonymity beckons for all of them.

Cheery bye.

I hope they offer the a bit more money to Nicholson in order to persuade him to stay and im sure with all calderwood's "contacts" a right back who isn't completely inept can be bought using the money from the sale of hart!

Hope the 3 who have turned down deals realise that they wont get clubs as big as aberdeen, even if theyre getting paid masses more at plymouth they will never have a chance of european football or a cup win. a real case of cash before success :wave:

Northsound Sport understands Aberdeen defender Michael Hart is unlikely to sign for Championship side Plymouth.  The English club have had a six figure bid accepted by the Dons - but the player is not thought to be keen on a move to the south coast.  Paul Sturrock's side have also have a bid for Chris Clark rejected.  AFC are hoping to cash in on the players after it was announced Hart, Clark and Barry Nicholson have rejected new contract offers put to them.  Derek Soutar has also intimated to the club that he will leave the club in the summer when his contract expires.  There's better news on defender Zander Diamond who looks likely to stay at the club.  He's asked for another few days to think over a new contract offer.