Confirmed news - from Press Conference

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:hammer:

Pissing heck....... 

I hope Luggy has another panic attack and decides to walk away from the mighty Plymouth Argyle and Hart vanishes off the face of the earth.  (and takes Clark with him)

I hope JC uses that spare cash now to persuade Zander and Barry Nic that really, they want to stay and play for a team that might actually win something.

Guest Nellie The Don

Surely we have to have a replacement lined up for Hart if we've known since before the Copenhagen game he's leaving and have now accepted an offer for him to leave now.

Yep. My neighbour is good friends with Allan Hutton and he says...

I'll get my coat.

Manager Jimmy calderwood and Director of Football Willie Miller have confirmed that Michael Hart, Chris Clark and Barry Nicholson have all rejected new contract offers. Zander Diamond has asked for a few days to think over his new deal but both were confident the defender would sign.

Willie also revealed that Plymouth Argyle have made an offer for Michael, which has been accepted, and Chris, which has been rejected, although Michael has still to agree personal terms with Argyle.

Manager Jimmy Calderwood refused to be drawn on his own situation, stating that had still not decided whether to accept the deal offered to him or not.

Guest Nellie The Don

A year from now, I don't think we'll be missing any of these three at all.  Hart and Nicholson are good players, but far from irreplaceable. Heikkenen and McNaughton were far better players than them, and we coped fine when they left.

So... cheerio lads, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out, and enjoy the heady heights playing of for forth rate guff teams that few have heard of and even less care about.  :wave:

From the E.E website

Michael Hart is quitting Pittodrie because he's fed up getting underpaid.

The defender rejected Aberdeen's final contract offer before the dramatic UEFA Cup win over Copenhagen.

The deal also incorporated a testimonial, but the club vice-captain reckons he was undervalued by the Dons.

His decision to leave has sparked interest south of the border with Plymouth and Preston ready to battle it out for his services.

The 27-year-old wants to seal his exit before the transfer window shuts at the end of the month.

That would see him miss the epic battles with Dundee United in the CIS Cup semi-final and the European showdown with Bayern Munich.

"My decision is based on the fact the club have made it clear the offer on the table is their final offer," said Hart.

"That's very disappointing for me. The club gave me time to make my decision and now I have.

"The gaffer took me in and asked me for a final decision. I told him I didn't think it was the right offer.

"I felt I was worth more to the club than what I'd been offered.

"Willie Miller said it was his final offer and it was the maximum the club could go to.

"I just felt it wasn't good enough and there are a lot of players at the club earning a lot more than me.

"I said I didn't want any more than anyone else, I just wanted to be fairly paid.

"Willie stated the club is now trying to put a pay structure in place and everyone who is on bigger money will now have to come down.

"I felt if I had committed to the three-year deal with the testimonial I would have regretted it further down the line.

"The testimonial was such a big thing to turn down.

"But I just wanted to be paid my worth. It's a big decision and I could miss some massive games, but I had to do what's best for me."

Hart could have played his last match for Aberdeen.

The former Livingston man has missed the last three Dons games with a hip problem.

And he would rather leave now with Plymouth manager Paul Sturrock determined to land his man.

The Pilgrims boss has tabled a £175,000 bid for the defender, but he may be ready to up his offer if he can land two Dons.

Sturrock wants Hart and Chris Clark in a double deal, but will have to pay up to £500,000 to snare the Pittodrie pair.

But the duo could also pen pre-contract deals and leave Aberdeen for nothing in the summer.

The problem is that Plymouth's offer was to take Clark off us plus £100K and we just don't have that kind of money. So we will keep him for the rest of the season when we can let him go without having to pay out a fee.

Pressume Jackie Mac/Lee 'mare/Considine will be lined up as the replacement options for Hart. None of which inspire confidence as two of them are CBs and the other is too old to be bombing up and down the touchline.

Now, get Zander an improved deal and sign the fucker up now.

A year from now, I don't think we'll be missing any of these three at all.  Hart and Nicholson are good players, but far from irreplaceable. Heikkenen and McNaughton were far better players than them, and we coped fine when they left.

So... cheerio lads, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out, and enjoy the heady heights playing of for forth rate guff teams that few have heard of and even less care about.  :wave:

Hear! Hear!  Agree 100%.

Onward and upwards.  AFC have bigger fish to fry than Michael Hart who seems to have an overestimated sense of self-worth.  McNamara to get & stay fit - problem solved.