Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Miller wants offer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which makes you wonder how we could afford to pay him so much up until now, given that when we signed him in the first place we had Anderson's wages to pay, £1M less of Anderson transfer cash and no UEFA cup related income.

Financial mismanagement, or all our fault for not turning up in our millions every week?  ::)

That's what annoys me. Surely we were worse off before this season, so why are the higher earners being told they'll have to take a pay cut?! The only thing i can think of (other than the financial mismanagement reason) is this: We're implementing a lower basic wage structure, with higher bonuses - performance related pay. But players being players (not the brightest), see this as "oh dear. We're having our pay cut. That can't be done", instead of thinking "hang about, if i work my arse off every week, i could make more in bonuses, further my career and be part of a team that wins things..."

Of course, i'm probably being being wildly optimistic in the thinking at AFC. They probably have just made a cunt of the accounts.

That's what annoys me. Surely we were worse off before this season, so why are the higher earners being told they'll have to take a pay cut?! The only thing i can think of (other than the financial mismanagement reason) is this: We're implementing a lower basic wage structure, with higher bonuses - performance related pay. But players being players (not the brightest), see this as "oh dear. We're having our pay cut. That can't be done", instead of thinking "hang about, if i work my arse off every week, i could make more in bonuses, further my career and be part of a team that wins things..."

Of course, i'm probably being being wildly optimistic in the thinking at AFC. They probably have just made a cunt of the accounts.

Deloitte will have sorted them out. :thumbsup:

My take on it would be if the only offered exactly what they were already on.  Meaning with the price of inflation they'd be on slightly less.

Although I've yet to read anywhere that any of the 4 rebels were actually offered less.  Someone did mention that they'd be looking to cut the higher earners but that won't include those 4.

If my current contract were up for renewal, and i was offered the same wage as I'm on now then I'd be pretty fucked off, and be of the opinion that my employer didn't rate me and I'd be looking for a new job thinking my talents could be better recognised and rewarded elsewhere.

How many of us out there would be happy earning the same gross salary now as we were three years ago.

Isn't really that different from being a professional footballer.

This isn't a case of having a pop at the club or any individual, just highlighting some facts of life.

If my current contract were up for renewal, and i was offered the same wage as I'm on now then I'd be pretty fucked off, and be of the opinion that my employer didn't rate me and I'd be looking for a new job thinking my talents could be better recognised and rewarded elsewhere.

How many of us out there would be happy earning the same gross salary now as we were three years ago.

Isn't really that different from being a professional footballer.

This isn't a case of having a pop at the club or any individual, just highlighting some facts of life.

Agree to a certain degree but also disagree when we're talking about contractual work which is paying shitloads.

The difference being that you'll only be paid according to what the market rate is at the time your contract is up for renewal and how the company is performing at that time.

Permanant staff positions will generally pay less, so any yearly increase you do get, you'd be expecting to see a difference at the end of the month in your pocket.

Whereas if I was being paid £3k/week and was offered the exact same money for the next 3 years then I necessarily wouldn't be upset with not getting any type of raise.

Had the club not been in such a good position in the league/cups/Europe then you might have found that Barry might well have snapped up the deal offered.