Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Miller wants offer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And is keen to stay IF the deal is right, according to the EE.

Article not online yet, so unable to copy and paste.

why don't we withdraw the offer to Chris Clark and offer his money to Miller instead ;)

I would keep Miller hanging on as do not think it is any coincidence that his work rate and goal scoring since end of October all tie in with him not getting offered a new contract. As soon as he gets a new offer I would not bet against the lazy bastard we have had for most of Millers time at Dons returning.

Dons striker Lee Miller insists he is ready to commit his future to the Pittodrie club - provided the deal is right.

The 24-year-old is out of contract in the summer, and is free to talk to other clubs.

Miller is one of seven Aberdeen players whose contracts expire in the summer, and a string of strong performances will have alerted teams to his availability.

Barry Nicholson, Michael Hart, Zander Diamond, Richie Byrne, Steve Lovell and Derek Soutar are all free to leave at the same time as Miller.

But the former Falkirk hitman is ready to sign on.

He said: "I am out of contract in the summer, and we will need to wait and see what happens with the boys that have been offered deals, and with the gaffer as well.

"Jimmy has expressed that he wants to keep me, and we will just need to see what the club can come up with.

"Things are going well just now, and the club are going in the right direction, so hopefully we can get things sorted out.

"We need to put that to the back of our minds and concentrate on the games we have just now.

"If the offer is right I am willing to stay. I have a young family and am getting married in the summer, so hopefully we can get things sorted out."

I would keep Miller hanging on as do not think it is any coincidence that his work rate and goal scoring since end of October all tie in with him not getting offered a new contract. As soon as he gets a new offer I would not bet against the lazy bastard we have had for most of Millers time at Dons returning.

And then other teams think "hang about, he's on a free and they've not offered him a contract..." offer him a deal at money we couldn't hope to match, and we're stuck with a Miller who's preserving himself for a new club - uninterested in doing much of anything for us. Bit of a no win situation that...

Personally, i think the Brewster factor has been absolutely huge in Miller's form at AFC. He was looking promising, Brewster comes in, takes his place in the team and it all goes to shit. Brewster goes, and a few weeks later, his form/confidence returns. I think there's absolutely no coincidence there.

Guest Shabba Ranks

I was thinking more about the games preceding the Copenhagen game, we shipped so many goals and that had to stop. It has.

Unbeaten since then and lost 2 goals. Better. Very unpretty but unfortunately necessary.

"Jimmy, Jimmy, get tae f*ck..."

Willie stated the club is now trying to put a pay structure in place and everyone who is on bigger money will now have to come down.

Think we can safely say that unless Miller takes a pay cut, he'll be offski too.

This is just getting stupid.

How the freakin' hell do these guys think they're worth so damn much money.

We got humped by Haerts and 'well before somehow managing to fluke 4 goals past Copenhagen. The last 5 games, we've managed to score a grand total of 4 goals,  against teams, if we've any illusions of doing well in the league, that we should be beating.

Why don't we just let everyone go, cancel their contracts, sell Pittodrie, have a piss up on what's left of the cash after clearing the debt, and go watch Cove Rangers. It couldn't be any more frustrating.