Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Miller wants offer

This is just getting stupid.

How the freakin' hell do these guys think they're worth so damn much money.

We got humped by Haerts and 'well before somehow managing to fluke 4 goals past Copenhagen. The last 5 games, we've managed to score a grand total of 4 goals,  against teams, if we've any illusions of doing well in the league, that we should be beating.

Why don't we just let everyone go, cancel their contracts, sell Pittodrie, have a piss up on what's left of the cash after clearing the debt, and go watch Cove Rangers. It couldn't be any more frustrating.

:clap:

Delusions of grandure - Cunts.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nellie The Don

Think we can safely say that unless Miller takes a pay cut, he'll be offski too.

Which makes you wonder how we could afford to pay him so much up until now, given that when we signed him in the first place we had Anderson's wages to pay, £1M less of Anderson transfer cash and no UEFA cup related income.

Financial mismanagement, or all our fault for not turning up in our millions every week?  ::)

Miller and Lovell have had spells in the SPL with other clubs when they have looked liked cracking forwards and regular goal scorers. The question has to be asked what has happened to them? Miller is arguably having a decent season but he is not contributing enough goals. What has happened to these guys? Is it their own attitude? Is it down to Jimmy squared and their stooge Sandy?

The form of the team of late has been very poor and it has led me to question the leadership of the team for the first time in Calderwood's tenure.

These 'top' earners have only shown it in flashes here and there and are far too inconsistant.  I'd say that although these 'top' players may be better when they're on a good game, on paper they aren't any better over the course of a season than some of our other less glamourous players.

Darren Mackie's stats could easily rival Lee Miller's.  Deek Young could easily fill Chris Clark's ballet shoes and we'll see more goals too and Seve hasn't been any better than Dempsey when you take an average performance over the course of a seaon.

If we can get money for these players that we've not paid anything for I'll be the first to welcome it.  As with any clubs these days with banks knocking at the door, we'll have to get used to being a selling club.

Sure we're not making the money that Hibs are from these deals.  But if we can get youth players to fill those gaps left, then that can only be a good thing.

These 'top' earners have only shown it in flashes here and there and are far too inconsistant.  I'd say that although these 'top' players may be better when they're on a good game, on paper they aren't any better over the course of a season than some of our other less glamourous players.

Darren Mackie's stats could easily rival Lee Miller's.  Deek Young could easily fill Chris Clark's ballet shoes and we'll see more goals too and Seve hasn't been any better than Dempsey when you take an average performance over the course of a seaon.

If we can get money for these players that we've not paid anything for I'll be the first to welcome it.  As with any clubs these days with banks knocking at the door, we'll have to get used to being a selling club.

Sure we're not making the money that Hibs are from these deals.  But if we can get youth players to fill those gaps left, then that can only be a good thing.

Pretty much, considering how long we went without actually getting a fee for anyone.

I've got a feeling though that the offer for Miller may be slightly better than we think simply because we're on the verge of losing Hart and Nicholson and possibly Zander.

Miller and Lovell have had spells in the SPL with other clubs when they have looked liked cracking forwards and regular goal scorers. The question has to be asked what has happened to them? Miller is arguably having a decent season but he is not contributing enough goals. What has happened to these guys?

I don't subscribe to the attitude that Lee Miller has "come good", that's not to say I don't think he's played well, but for me he's been playing the same kind of game to varying degrees of success.  But the common denominator is that we do not score enough goals with him as our main striker, whether he is scoring them himself or providing (or not as the case may be) for others.

Smith as second striker is a formula that has proved to work often in the past.  That doesn't mean him playing in the no-man's-land "hole behind the main striker" that he was assigned last week against Falkirk, playing as a centre-forward who can create openings for his fellow striker rather than relying on our uncreative midfield.  Steve Lovell for me is still the best natural centre-forward we have and he needs to get his confidence back with a run in the team.  Miller is not short of confidence but he is short of goalscoring ability.

But given the circumstances it'll be Mackie (and deservedly so) that will get the nod when fit.  He's been out for a very long time now though.  I thought it was an ankle injury?  But seems to have been out too long for it to be just that.

Miller has come good.

His levels of effort have clearly improved dramatically (you can make your own mind up why) and he is scoring goals.

This is due in part to us using him properly (before anyone starts I don't mean punting long balls!) by having a striker playing off him and beyond him for his (yes I'll say it) refound ability to play intelligent flicks/headers/passes forward.

He is a good footballer, his application has been more than suspect since he came back to Scotland but if he applies himself in the manner he has done for a few months he'll be a distinct asset to AFC.

And he's ma mate.