Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer window - Summer 2014

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same feeling I always have the day after transfer deadline day, frustration. Yet again we find ourselves only one or two players short of having a really good, well rounded squad, with cover in all departments, and with Celtic and Motherwell clearly struggling wouldn't now have been the perfect time to push the boat out and show some real ambition?  :dunno:

I get the feeling we're an injury or two away from disaster, am I right in saying we only have 5 fit defenders, and 2 of those need to be wrapped in cotton wool. I hate being negative about the dons, just wish the powers that be would match the fans ambition.

I get the feeling we're an injury or two away from disaster, am I right in saying we only have 5 fit defenders, and 2 of those need to be wrapped in cotton wool. I hate being negative about the dons, just wish the powers that be would match the fans ambition.

Anderson is out for 6 weeks.

Leaving Reynolds, Logan, Taylor, Considine and Robertson, and the last two are the fragile ones I alluded to. I know Hayes and Jack can fill the full back positions but that just moves the problem elsewhere.

Generally, I think the squad is weaker now than it was 12 months ago.

Don't think Robertson went anywhere in the end!

Ah sorry, I hadn't bothered checking after i'd seen the "exclusive" elsewhere.

Sadly receiving the signed shirt when we did I knew we wouldn't get anyone else in :(  But I agree with CtS, seems like we're a few players short of have a really good progressive team.  Almost seems like they're relying on us being as good as last season and others being worse.

When joe left I had hopes we would be getting someone else in, that said we can still sign free agents so there may be someone to come in yet. Personally I think we are better than last year, zolaI  is gone for a start, and there is competition for all places bar fb. would have loved to see shinnie  come in but that's clearly not happening till next summer. We have to hope Robertson steps up like low has 

Ah sorry, I hadn't bothered checking after i'd seen the "exclusive" elsewhere.

Sadly receiving the signed shirt when we did I knew we wouldn't get anyone else in :(  But I agree with CtS, seems like we're a few players short of have a really good progressive team.  Almost seems like they're relying on us being as good as last season and others being worse.

Think the bit in bold is definitely part of  the reason we have not strengthened as we should have.

Well what a damp squib that turned out to be.

Genuinely believe that moves were made to get Shinnie in, but Caley patently playing hard ball over a fee.

Would have been nice to have a plan B regarding that position with a loan until January from a team down south.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's hoping Goodwillie is signed up on a longer contract soon, been really impressed with him. On form he's a cut above anything else I've seen in the spfl

Differences between his performances when played as the lone striker and when along side Rooney are marked. He looks so much better when he is playing beside Rooney. If we are sticking with 2 up top and he has put his off field issues behind him then we should be offering him a new deal.

I remember and shudder when we were all over DUFC one new year game at Pittodrie and then Goodwillie popped up with a last minute equaliser for 1-1.

He has always been a cut above the average. That's why an English club came in for him. It never worked out for him down there but he should be snapped up by us immediately.

It's not just his obvious technical superiority, it's his heart and the fight he has. I particularly like the way he uses his big arse. He's a very stronger shielder and hudder upper of the ba.

Differences between his performances when played as the lone striker and when along side Rooney are marked. He looks so much better when he is playing beside Rooney. If we are sticking with 2 up top and he has put his off field issues behind him then we should be offering him a new deal.

:o

Tune = changed

;)