Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer window - Summer 2014

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20140515/club-statement-_2212158_3833084

Club Statement

Aberdeen Football Club has confirmed that Russell Anderson, Barry Robson and Nicky Low have all signed one year deals that will see them remain at Pittodrie until next summer.

Manager Derek McInnes commented. "All three have made important contributions to the season just finished and I'm looking for them to play their part in the progression of the club next season."

Josh Magennis, Scott Vernon and Nicky Weaver meanwhile will not be offered new contracts while Alan Tate has also left the club following the end of his loan spell.

Derek said. "I would like to thank all the above players for their contributions to the club and wish them all the very best in their future careers."

The future of defender Shaleum Logan, whose contract at Brentford expires at the end of the month, is still unclear.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see Vernon go as thought he could have done a job as back up to Rooney again next season. I have faith in current management team to have a replacement already lined up to be in for start of preseason and the first euro tie. Hopefully Vernon goes back down South as I would not want to see him going to another SPL team.

Good to see Low getting another year. Think he has looked a decent player in the games I have seen him in.

No?  The pie queue in the RDU was pretty long the other day. Another pair of hands behind the counter to shore things up could be just what we need.

I'd sooner trust him on the park than I would with our precious pie money.

ABERDEEN chairman Stewart Milne is willing to dig deep into his own pockets to pay the transfer fee for Graeme Shinnie after the Dons made a move for the Inverness defender.

By: Scott Burns

The Dons have already asked Caley Thistle if their highly-rated left-back, above, is available.

Express Sport understands Aberdeen were given very little encouragement but are still ready to firm up their interest with a five-figure bid this week.

Inverness value Shinnie in six figures and know there is interest from Hibs and clubs south of the border, so much depends on whether they believe they can strike a better deal elsewhere.

But they may also not want to risk the 22-year-old running down his contract.

Milne, pleased with progress under Derek McInnes, wants the Dons to kick on and is prepared to fork out some of his own money if the manager identifies a player, such as Shinnie, whom he believes will enhance their squad.

McInnes wants his transfer business done quickly with the Dons making an early start in  Europe, so will try to sign Shaleum Logan – freed by Brentford – on a permanent basis.

McInnes also wants a striker and a keeper to push Jamie Langfield.

DUNDEE look set to win the race to sign former Dons striker Scott Vernon.

The 30-year-old Englishman was one of three players told by Aberdeen their contracts were not being renewed.

It’s understood Vernon, who scored 43 goals during his four years at Pittodrie, is keen to remain north of the border. He’s already held talks with newly promoted Dundee, who are managed by his former Pittodrie team-mate Paul Hartley.

Vernon scored 15 goals in his first season at Pittodrie to finish as the club’s top scorer.

He spent much of last season on the bench but still played his part to help the Dons win the League Cup and qualify for Europe.

Vernon scored one of Aberdeen’s penalties in their League Cup final shoot-out victory over Inverness Caley Thistle.

He also claimed a hat-trick in Aberdeen’s 3-1 league win over Dundee United at Tannadice earlier this month.