Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer window - Summer 2014

KRIS Boyd says he will take time to consider his next move amid interest from Aberdeen and Dundee United.

The 30-year-old forward scored 22 goals to help Kilmarnock retain their top flight status last season.

Boyd says he’s had a brief conversation about extending his stay in Ayrshire with a number of clubs vying for his signature.

However the former Rangers forward wants to assess all his options before making a final decision.

Asked about a move to either United or the Dons, Boyd told Peter and Roughie’s Football Show: “There’s been interest from the two of them but there’s been interest from numerous clubs.

“I’m going on holiday and I’m going to take my time over what I’m doing and make a decision from there. It’s a big decision for me.

“I’m coming to what I believe are the best years of my career and I want to give myself every chance to perform at a level where I know I can score goals but also get myself back in the Scotland set up.

“I want to give myself every opportunity to do that.

"Right now that’s not been the case.

"I’ve had a brief conversation with Kilmarnock. I’ve not spoken or heard anything from Rangers.

"Teams have registered an interest and I’ve spoken to a few teams.

"The most important thing is to be winning games, you don’t want to be getting beat every week.

"You want to be pushing for the top six and at least giving yourselves a chance in the cup competitions.

"Aberdeen and Dundee United get the ball up the pitch in dangerous areas where I think I can be effective. But it is not just Aberdeen and Dundee United that I’ve had offers from. Kilmarnock are still there as well.

"Wherever I end up if it is still at Kilmarnock or wherever I will turn up and do my work properly. I know if I give it my all I can be up the top of the goal scoring charts in the Scottish Premiership."

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of money being put on Boyd going back to the Huns, dunno if that's inside info or wishful thinking. Most of the Huns need to be punted before they can ever challenge Celtic again, so have to laugh at theses guys basically going for a few extra pennies (if they can afford to pay wages) and a championship medal

Boyd AND Miller

McCoist really is a dick

Ain't going to happen unless they fill the immediate necessity for £7m cash.

Surely even the thickest, knuckle dragging, inbred, sister shagging, goat riding, Gazza cock sucking, flute playing HUN ever born must baulk at sticking their cash into that crock of shit....proverbial dead man walking ;D

Ain't going to happen unless they fill the immediate necessity for £7m cash.

Surely even the thickest, knuckle dragging, inbred, sister shagging, goat riding, Gazza cock sucking, flute playing HUN ever born must baulk at sticking their cash into that crock of shit....proverbial dead man walking ;D

Sorry, my bad.....

Meant giro, not cash ;)

DONS boss Derek McInnes today confirmed he has held talks with Kris Boyd.

Scotland international Boyd is out of contract with Kilmarnock and is available on a Bosman.

McInnes has pitched a move to Aberdeen FC to the prolific striker and hopes he will choose to play for the Pittodrie club.

Dundee United and French side Nimes are also chasing him, after Rangers pulled out of the race.

Boyd is currently on holiday and is taking time to consider his options.

McInnes said: "I managed to meet and talk with Kris and also talked to his agent.

"We have had a discussion and said we would like to bring another forward into the club.

"We have made a pitch of what Aberdeen can be as a club for Kris.

“Kris has a few other options and wants some time to consider them.”

DonsTalk twitter account says Boyd is off to Sevco?

Why the fuck is that on Twitter but not on the main forum? Nae wonder folk aren't bothering coming here.

What you post on Twitter is: "Major AFC signing target opts for another club. Visit the forum for more on this." and traffic goes up.

You're welcome.

Why the fuck is that on Twitter but not on the main forum? Nae wonder folk aren't bothering coming here.

What you post on Twitter is: "Major AFC signing target opts for another club. Visit the forum for more on this." and traffic goes up.

You're welcome.

:clap:

You're welcome.

Agreed.

I mean WTF is that all about.

Why would there be a twitter feed not directing folk onto here  ???

Totally dismayed  ::)