Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer window - Summer 2014

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently wants a better contract from them

reading the mail's online page is classic Journo shitting himself that he has jumped the gun

Says in the sub-headline that Boyd was all set to sign for the Dons

Then later on it says he was on his way to Tannadice until Rangers went sniffing?

Presume tomorrows article will say he was about to buy a house in the South of France when skeletor and co sent him a text

• 2 weeks later...

Going on the amount of noise there is on twitter, looks like Goodwillie will be signing this week. Also see its on the BBC gossip column too.

Really hope this is just a rumour as would not be happy with us signing Goodwillie. Guy has been pish for a good while now and his off field problems are not something we want associated with our club.

I understand and agree with your concerns Jute.  That said in McInnes I very much trust. It has to be said though that a pre move to blackburn Goodwillie would be a huge asset and is a different option to what we currently have. 

The wages are a big thing for me. I don't want to be paying anywhere near what Dundee United were.

However, the big problem with Goodwillie last year was that he'd bulked up too much, lost his pace, had next to no fitness, and even in training was garbage. That comes from someone at United.

However, there's a player in there, and with the new fitness coach I think we could get him up to match fitness in a few months and rediscover his form, in which case he could prove to be a bit of a bargain.

I'm happy enough to take a gamble on him because he undoubtedly has quality. And like TLG I have trust in McInnes to have a plan in place to get the best out of Goodwillie. I think it could be a great signing. I'd be curious to know the wage he's been offered.

ABERDEEN FC were today linked with a loan move for Wolves winger Zeli Ismail.

The 20-year-old, who was born in Albania, is reportedly set to join the Pittodrie club on a temporary deal until the end of the season.

Ismail has had loan spells at Burton Albion and MK Dons.

He’s made 11 appearances for the Wolves first team.

ABERDEEN FC this afternoon confirmed they were close to agreeing a loan move for Zeli Ismail.

The 20-year-old Wolves winger, who was born in Albania, is set to join the Pittodrie club on a temporary deal until the end of the season.

A spokesman for the English Championship club could not comment on the possible move at this stage.

Evening Express sports editor Charlie Allan is in Riga with the Dons ahead of their Europa League second-leg clash with FK Daugava Riga.

The club confirmed to him that they hope to finalise a deal with the midfielder when they return from their Latvian trip.

Ismail has had loan spells at Burton Albion and MK Dons.

He’s made 11 appearances for the Wolves first team.

Burton Albion are also keen to bring the winger back after a successful loan spell last season with the League Two side.

Always good to welcome new players to the club, especially as it will give us some squad depth for the upcoming season.

I too hope that a left full back is our next focus, I know people are starting to warm to the idea if Hayes playing there but I am not convinced personally, would much rather see him back on the wing.

• 1 month later...