Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Transfer window - Summer 2014

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah would not support this move at all, remember vividly all his abuse aimed at our club and supporters when he played for that defunct bust club.

We've dished out more than our fair share of vitriol towards him too. Proven goalscorers will always be welcome at my club by me if they perform.

We've dished out more than our fair share of vitriol towards him too. Proven goalscorers will always be welcome at my club by me if they perform.

This.

On top of the striker can expect one maybe at a push two more signings. The one at a push is a centre midfielder more as cover and it's not Liam Craig. He (at the minute it appears) is going back to St Johnstone. 

Any idea who the left back will be? The caley fan at work seems convinced Shinnie has told them he wants to move to Aberdeen.

This.

Any idea who the left back will be? The caley fan at work seems convinced Shinnie has told them he wants to move to Aberdeen.

Would be delighted if both these came off.

Lets face it, you're going to struggle to find a better striker than Boyd in scotland, at least on our budget.  Couldn't give a fuck how much i abused him, if players give it back, it's fair game.  Why do fans get so irate about this sorta thing? He's good and would be a massive benefit to our squad.  If he was Fergahun or Mcuntloch, i'd understand.

Would be delighted if both these came off.

Lets face it, you're going to struggle to find a better striker than Boyd in scotland, at least on our budget.  Couldn't give a fuck how much i abused him, if players give it back, it's fair game.  Why do fans get so irate about this sorta thing? He's good and would be a massive benefit to our squad.  If he was Fergahun or Mcuntloch, i'd understand.

This......

Boyd is probably the most natural Scottish goalscorer of his generation

Source Daily Record  :wanker:

DUNDEE UNITED have joined the race to land striker Kris Boyd.

But they could face stiff competition from Aberdeen for the free agent frontman.

Tannadice boss Jackie McNamara has had informal talks with the 30-year-old, hoping to persuade him to be the spearhead for his cavalier kids next season.

And it’s understood he believes Boyd’s growing reputation as a coach and mentor would be a massive boost on the park for his young side.

Chairman Stephen Thompson is on standby to tie up a deal – despite being on holiday in Australia.

However, there is still serious interest in the Scotland striker from Aberdeen and Rangers.

Not convinced of that to be honest tom, when I have seen boyd being interviewed and summarising on games he comes across a lot differently than I imagined.  Not seen that much to be fair but he seemed a lot smarter than the average footballer from what I did .  Aberdeen and Utd would represent a good career move for him and given its only for a few years tops I would guess that he would be prepared to take the move north. 

Boyd is great penalty box striker and would defo be a matchwinner for us if he signed but I think he would cost a bit and is similar player to rooney bar rooney does more work outside of the box.  Add zola to the striker list (though I really hope we dinghy him this summer) there is not much pace in the 3 striking options.  Sure there's strength aplenty but there were several games toward the end of last season that we couldn't get the win...... I think teams know how to play against us now and  I can't help but feel a more technically gifted forward (eg a zerouali type with a bit of flair and guile) would be a more effective use of resources.  I'm glad we are looking at players of the calibre of boyd don't get me wrong but if we signed a wide player we can move mcginn back into the middle where he is far more effective, gives a different option to the rest of the team going forward and is good for a goal.  Really interested to see if shankland is brought into the first team squad this season, what sort of striker is he does anyone know? Could be DM see's him as the different option.

One good thing about even looking at Boyd is that it shows the management have contempt for the inevitable small section of the support who will not want us to sign him for his previous with the horribles. 

In short, I would be pleased if we signed him but it won't stop me having concerns about having too many similar strikers

Boyd can finish but he's a lazy b@stard. Yes he had a good season with Kilmarnock but I watched him over here in the States with Portland and he was absolute mince - without the right type of service he waddled around the park aimlessly. The one thing Aberdeen has going for it right now is our pace whereas Killie built their team around him as the focus point up front.

He's going to be expensive and he is only going to slow down. Save the money and focus on brining in someone in the prime of their career with a bit of pace. Not to mention he's a dirty Hun.  :haterangers:

We have enquired about Declan Gallagher of Dundee, centre half. Not sure how serious it is, we've only spoken to the agent but the player has fallen out with Hartley due to Hartley being a "fucking nutcase". Other teams are interested but he's very interested in coming to us, supposedly.

We have enquired about Declan Gallagher of Dundee, centre half. Not sure how serious it is, we've only spoken to the agent but the player has fallen out with Hartley due to Hartley being a "fucking nutcase". Other teams are interested but he's very interested in coming to us, supposedly.

Any good? I can't say I know much about Dundee to be honest.

If we did you could see a cb back moved on given we have already signed one.  Anderson retires maybe?  Pleased we have signed a couple so far but starting to feel slightly concerned that is it so far.  It's less than a month until the 1st euro league/cup/whatever its called now qualifier is played.  I'd really like to see all business done by the start of pre season

If we did you could see a cb back moved on given we have already signed one.  Anderson retires maybe?  Pleased we have signed a couple so far but starting to feel slightly concerned that is it so far.  It's less than a month until the 1st euro league/cup/whatever its called now qualifier is played.  I'd really like to see all business done by the start of pre season

To be truthful I would prefer us taking our time and getting the players that we want rather rushing it and getting someone who is meh.

To be truthful I would prefer us taking our time and getting the players that we want rather rushing it and getting someone who is meh.

Agreed, but I think Tlg is right, i'd prefer a few more pre europa league start up so we can get the squad as settled quickly as possible