Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland Squad - Serbia and Macedonia

Jute

That made me fucking laugh when I read that. As far as I can remember he never had the backing of the fans. He lost any backing he might have had when he went 4-6-0.  :hammer:

He has been pretty much a dead man walking since then and his refusal to admit it was a mistake to play that formation.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead man walking to the the fans. somehow teflon to the sfa.

i find it hard to believe how excited i used to get for scotland games not so long ago. they really have fucked it.

In fairness mate, would imagine that all of us have gone through those emotions during our time.

I used to get really keyed up for Scotland games, but during my time of seeing Peru, Iran, Costa Rica, Faroe Isles, Leichenstein, Czech Republic etc etc have seen my enthusiasm decline year by year to the point I have only a passing interest

For a long time I've had a kind of apathy towards the international side.

Started with some of the squad selections under Vogts (I still think there some sort of bias (deliberate or otherwise) as to "how" you get picked, even today), this was exacerbated by the God-awful tactics employed at times, and has got worse in recent years after brief glimmers of hope with Smith and McLeish.

These days I just want to hit my head against the walls of my padded cell whenever a squad is named, and whenever I hear the name "Levein"

Don't get me wrong, I'll never wish ill on the national side, I WANT them to win every time and qualify, I just can't get emotionally attached anymore, to the extent I sometimes even forget the games are on, sorry.