Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scotland Squad - Serbia and Macedonia

Jute

Given the limited resources we have at the back, is it fair to say Russell Anderson should have been in ahead of these two?

I thought he was a bit careless with the ball a couple of times on Saturday, but he's still a very assured and experienced performer.

Thoughts?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the limited resources we have at the back, is it fair to say Russell Anderson should have been in ahead of these two?

I thought he was a bit careless with the ball a couple of times on Saturday, but he's still a very assured and experienced performer.

Thoughts?

As much as I love the boy, he's been disappointing (almost) every time i've seen him play for the Scotland.

I recon he'd get ripped to shreds playing as a FB against Serbia. And that's not something i'd like to see.

Would rather see McNaughton into the squad, but even then, i'm not convinced he's good enough...

Wooo. Roll on Saturday

Mackenzie is no full back so would assume he is replacement for Berra. Surely Considine or Reynolds would have better shouts.

Considine has been fantastic every time I've seen him this season, I don't think he's good enough for Scotland, but looking at some of the other names in the squad his inclusion could easily be justified.

Considine has been fantastic every time I've seen him this season, I don't think he's good enough for Scotland, but looking at some of the other names in the squad his inclusion could easily be justified.

I bumped into Levein at the Cheltenham Festival and can confirm there is absolutely no chance of Considine getting a call up.

I was enjoying the free booze in hospitality when he stopped in front of me as his mate was taking to someone in the group I was standing in, so I shook his hand and not knowing what else to say, I pointed at him and said "Andy Considine for the next Scotland squad", he looked at me for a second like he wasn't sure if it was a threat, and I might break his legs if he didn't agree, then he looked like he was trying to place Andy Considine, it clicked, his face turned to horror, and he walked off shaking his head.

That confirmed it for me. I'd like to think he didn't get into the why's and why not's as he knew he was wrong but I suspect he's learned not to have those type of conversations with fans as he won't change anyone's mind.