Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Scotland Squad - Serbia and Macedonia

Jute

I have been going to watch Scotland home and away since the mid 80s and for the first time in all that time I find myself not wanting to watch my country. Levien is a tactically inept cunt who's negative tactics remove an enjoyment from attending games. Serbia were nowhere near as good as their ranking suggested. It was clear from very early on that they were there for the taking. However Levien refused to change the way the team set up. Even the substitutions were made long after they should have been.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been going to watch Scotland home and away since the mid 80s and for the first time in all that time I find myself not wanting to watch my country. Levien is a tactically inept cunt who's negative tactics remove an enjoyment from attending games. Serbia were nowhere near as good as their ranking suggested. It was clear from very early on that they were there for the taking. However Levien refused to change the way the team set up. Even the substitutions were made long after they should have been.

Seeing as ive already erased the memory of todays game... I'll take your wales ticket off your hands ;)

To be honest, I've not been bothered with Scotland since France '98. Scotland have constantly shunned the Aberdeen squad, and our last Scotland regular was Bandy Jim. Jim was treated shambolically by sections of the Tartan Army after France'98, and the Scottish FA failed to support him whatsoever.

I really haven't given a shit about the Scottish football team since then. Complete unknowns and dross that can't get picked by weaker nations than Scotland are being given caps ahead of Scottish-born Aberdeen players who are performing well! Anderson has been brilliant for us in both stints, yet he gets no more than bit-parts in games that have little or no meaning to Scotland's chances.

To be honest, I've not been bothered with Scotland since France '98. Scotland have constantly shunned the Aberdeen squad, and our last Scotland regular was Bandy Jim. Jim was treated shambolically by sections of the Tartan Army after France'98, and the Scottish FA failed to support him whatsoever.

I really haven't given a shit about the Scottish football team since then. Complete unknowns and dross that can't get picked by weaker nations than Scotland are being given caps ahead of Scottish-born Aberdeen players who are performing well! Anderson has been brilliant for us in both stints, yet he gets no more than bit-parts in games that have little or no meaning to Scotland's chances.

Just a thought here, but maybe (just maybe) that's because none have been good enough.

Our problem on Saturday was glaringly obvious, although not to Avril obviously.  Corner after corner, set piece after set piece, and not once did we cause them any real problems.  We needed a presence up front, something different instead of the midget strikers Miller and Naismith.  Rhodes (or better still, Fletcher) should have been certain starters against Serbia.  We made ourselves easy to play against.

In short, Levein fucked up.  First game, no excuses, he fucked up his team selection, and what's worse is even when that became clear he failed to do anything about it.

What a cunt.

Our problem on Saturday was glaringly obvious, although not to Avril obviously.  Corner after corner, set piece after set piece, and not once did we cause them any real problems.  We needed a presence up front, something different instead of the midget strikers Miller and Naismith.  Rhodes (or better still, Fletcher) should have been certain starters against Serbia.  We made ourselves easy to play against.

In short, Levein fucked up AGAIN.  First game, no excuses, he fucked up his team selection, and what's worse is even when that became clear he failed to do anything about it.

What a cunt.

Fixed that for you.

In short, Levein fucked up.  First game, no excuses, he fucked up his team selection, and what's worse is even when that became clear he failed to do anything about it.

In my opinion, with the exception perhaps of Kenny Miller, I didn't have any axe to grind with the team selection, nor even the way we were set up to play at the outset.  Snodgrass and Naismith were managing to get in about to support Miller in the first half-hour or so and it seemed that there was some kind of a game plan.  BUT as the game wore on it became obvious that our players had very little creative freedom.  Morrison seemed to be very restricted to performing a particular task he didn't look comfortable about yet he is a player who thrives on getting into good positions.  Adam was just utterly dreadful and his delivery from set plays was abysmal - it was all just so obvious.  Caldwell played well in the anchorman role but in all the midfield "3" were just far too wooden.

I do like the look of Jamie Mackie I have to say and I hope he and Rhodes get a chance to start tonight in place of Miller and Adam.  I think he's got that bit of physical presence that we need.  Miller's number really has to be up now.  I would probably also sacrifice Webster in place of Maloney who's been playing very well for Wigan in the past few months, and Hutton deserves to be benched after a pretty miserable performance as well.

In my opinion, with the exception perhaps of Kenny Miller, I didn't have any axe to grind with the team selection

That was specifically my axe to grind, the inclusion of Miller ahead of Rhodes, which is why (in my opinion) he fucked up his team selection.

:thumbsup:

Miller still starts tonight with Maloney, Forrest and Mackie coming in for Snodgrass, Naismith and Adam. No idea would sort of formation he'll come up with for this one.

Levein had hinted that he would resist calls to introduce Rhodes, who is in his first season in the Championship after helping Huddersfield to promotion and switching to Blackburn Rovers.

"Jordan Rhodes, in time, will be a fantastic striker for Scotland, he will be a hugely valuable player for us," said Levein.

"But my job is to try to pick the best team for every situation and you have to understand, while Jordan scored a lot of goals in League One, he hasn't even really begun his career in the Championship in England.

"I have guys here who are Premiership players, who are experienced and have been involved in these types of occasions before.

"So I have to have some degree of calmness in this and not get caught up in everything."

Fucking pish. Miller is past it. Get Rhodes on from the start.

I can't say I am the biggest supporter of Scotland but picking Miller is shite. He's past his best and that is why he plays for Vancouver Whitecaps now-a-days. Look forward a bit Levein apart from picking 'established' players and go for Rhodes or go for a combo of Rhodes and McCormack even. It's fucking Macedonia for christ sake! Go mental and go 2 up top! I predict a dour 0-0 draw, with Levein not changing any tactics or formations, giving little away but not threatening, a chorus of boo's and Levein becoming public enemy number #1.

Levein believes he still has backing of the fans

Supporters jeer boss after draw with Macedonia

Published: 12/09/2012

SCOTLAND boss Craig Levein today claimed he still has the backing of the fans – despite being booed by the Tartan Army.

Frustrated supporters jeered under-pressure Levein and his squad following a 1-1 World Cup qualifier draw with Macedonia.

He said: “I believe the fans are still with me and can see things are going reasonably well as far as progress with the squad is concerned.”

He's deluded.