Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Langfield New Deal

In EE today looking at opening talks on a new deal. He's only just been reinstated as Number 1 but he must be working hard in training if he's getting new deal. Soutar going???

Scandalous, if true. After he broke the code of conduct when on his final warning, what does that say for the discipline within the club?

I never thought it was possible, but Calderwood is making himself look an even bigger clown by going with this than he has done previously. Shambles of a situation, and frankly, embarrassing.

Okay, Langfield has conceeded a few...(Zander to blame for most for of them), but our defence looks happier and more confident with Langfield, than they do with Soutar in goals.

He did wrong and I'm sure has been punished enough......plus, nobody wanted him, so lets play the best keeper we have.....Leighton get yer gloves ON...!!!

Scandalous, if true. After he broke the code of conduct when on his final warning, what does that say for the discipline within the club?

Exactly. Nail on head. This should have nothing to do with getting money for him. If he gets a new contract and nobody comes in for him we're stuck with him for another year. Then what? Another new contract after that with hope that we can sell him again? When does it end?

Final warning, says it all.

Bring back Kjaer? Nah, min. Bring back mint mojos.  :thumbsup:

sign him, if no-one buys him, loan him out.

AFC is a business after all, code of conduct or not, need some sort of return on their investment.

So how is loaning him to another team going to get us a return on our investment? There is never any guarantee that anyone will ever pay anything for this clown, unless JC signs him again when he's manager of Melchester Rovers or Timbucktoo United.

You're right, AFC is a business. Time to cut our losses.

So how is loaning him to another team going to get us a return on our investment? There is never any guarantee that anyone will ever pay anything for this clown, unless JC signs him again when he's manager of Melchester Rovers or Timbucktoo United.

You're right, AFC is a business. Time to cut our losses.

gets a number of benefits

1 - gets another team to pay his wages

2 gets him first team football

3 gets him in the shop window

even £50k is money to use on someone else.

Bottom line on the whole sorry tale is that despite Jamie Langfield's shortcomings he is Scotland's second best goalkeeper.

Whilst bad behaviour cannot be tolerated, we must attempt to retain as many player's as possible who are better than that of the teams around us players'.

He will be offered a new contract, but must be told that he is in the last chance saloon, and a further breach of discipline will ensure that he is free transferred out of Pittodrie as soon as.

With no money available, we are kidding ourselves if we really think that there is a lot better out there who want to play for us.

Reality check please....

Langfield is not Scotlands 2nd best keeper. When he got in to the squad at least 3 or 4 of the choices in front of him were injured.

Neither Langfield or Souter are good keepers and both should be freed in the summer and the wages used to find better replacements

Whilst bad behaviour cannot be tolerated, we must attempt to retain as many player's as possible who are better than that of the teams around us players'.

He will be offered a new contract, but must be told that he is in the last chance saloon, and a further breach of discipline will ensure that he is free transferred out of Pittodrie as soon as.

But he's had his last chance! You're saying that bad behaviour can not be tolerated but that is exactly what is happening. What's the point in dishing out last warnings if they mean nothing?

He is at best an average keeper. Calderwood has come out of this thing terribly. Remember, the only reason we were under the illusion that Langfield was finished at the club is because Calderwood said so. The only reason we knew he had used up his last warning is because Calderwood said so.  And yet, he's allowed to walk back into the team and Calderwood says not a peep about the events in the summer.

Is that any way to manage our club?

I wouldn't have thought so.

A new deal?! Fuck me. I've been away a week, and come back to a new deal for that cunt. Jesus Hercules Christ.  :o

Are there no cheap, decent keepers kicking about in these new EU countries (like Romania, Poland, Bulgaria etc) that could come in and do the job? What about that Polish lad Donday United picked up? He seemed to be good from what i'd heard, and didn't exactly cost a bomb. Of course, that would require scouting, and somebody sacked all them to do the job himself.

clangers was indeed outstanding last night. hopefully he's been chowing down on hot, steamy bowls of humble pie for the past three months, worked hard on his game and has sorted his attitude out. certainly looked that way last night.

however, i'd still like us to bring someone else in, especially if, as looks likely, soutar is going. clangers can't expect to be rewarded for his behaviour with a new, no strings attached, deal. we need some serious competition for him - ideally so serious that he has to cool his heels on the bench if he doesn't keep up the standards he set last night.

one good game isn't enough to convince me he's changed from being a disaster waiting to happen. he needs to bust his balls for the rest of the season and then MAYBE i'll think about welcoming him back as our number one.