Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Aberdeen v Arabs

Right that's enough with international football for another year and lets look fwd to Saturdays game.  Shame we've had over 2wks since our last outing, it always feels as soon as we get a good result we have an international break, but have a chance to leap frog united with a win.

Stats don't look promising but United aren't the same team they've been the last few years:

10 Year Record vs United at Pittodrie:

Played 17 Won 9 Drawn 3 Lost 5 For 30 Against 18

Last Dons win: 3rd May 2008 2-1

Last United win: 24th Oct 2009 2-0

Last 5 v United:

07 Mar 2011 Dundee United 3 - 1 Aberdeen SPL 7,416

01 Jan 2011 Aberdeen 1 - 1 Dundee United SPL 12,487

11 Sep 2010 Dundee United 3 - 1 Aberdeen SPL 9,793

20 Mar 2010 Aberdeen 2 - 2 Dundee United SPL 9,316

02 Jan 2010 Dundee United 0 - 1 Aberdeen SPL 10,032

Current Form

Aberdeen: Played 6 Won 2 Draw 2 Lost 2 For 8 Against 6

United: Played 6 Won 1 Draw 2 Lost 3 For 10 Against 12

Aberdeen:

WIN 4-0 v Pars (h)

LOSS 0-1 v Well (a)

DRAW 2-2 Killie (h)

DRAW 0-0 Hibs (a)

LOSS 0-2 Huns (a)

WIN 2-1 ICT (h)

United:

LOSS 1-3 Well (h)

DRAW 3-3 Hibs (a)

WIN 3-1 ICT (h)

LOSS 0-1 Huns (h)

DRAW 3-3 St Js (a)

LOSS 0-1 Pars (h)

In/Oot: In

Pre Match: Train up to God's own country with some cunts then some flat nr Pittodrie apparently and/or Northern Bar

Match: RDU

Post Match: Train with same cunts+1 back to the weeg

Crowd: 10000

Prediction: 2 - 1 Dons

>:D  :haterangers: Hun

In/Oot: In

Pre Match: First game of the season! No decided yet whether I will go for a few pints or just head down near kick off.

Match: RDU

Post Match: Maybe go for a couple or just head home.

Crowd: 10000

Prediction: 1-2 United.

Early Team News:

Craig Brown spoke to the media at lunchtime.

On Ryan Jack signing a new contract with the Dons:

"Ryan Jack is an exciting young player and since we have been at the club he has been very, very consistent and for a young lad he doesn't have many off days. He makes very few mistakes and is also very creative. He scored one of the best goals we have had since Archie and I arrived, against Inverness last year. Ryan also scored very well for the Scotland U21 side at St. Mirren so we are delighted to get him on a longer contract. He is a local boy and that is the ideal scenario that he plays for the local team.We have a few local lads but hopefully he will be the first of a few to commit long term to the club.

"Ryan Jack's next move is not a moderate move to the championship. If he moves to improve himself I would hope it would be to one of the top four or five in England. Hopefully that will not be for a while yet because we need him here but a guy like that should be aiming for the top with his good number of Scotland U21 caps and a good number of SPL appearances."

On the match against Dundee United on Saturday:

"We have got to show the kind of form we showed in the last game and Dundee United have to improve on the form they showed in the last game and I am sure they will. When you look at their squad of players, even though they have lost one or two, it is still very good squad and we do not underestimate the task.

"They won the Scottish Cup a year ago, they were well up the league last year and I fully expect them to be well up the league this year but I expect us to be further up than we are at the moment, a good lot further. I am hoping it will be two good teams playing and our players can reproduce the form they have shown in half the game against other teams and for the whole game against Dunfermline. We had an excellent half against Inverness, and excellent half at Ibrox and excellent half an hour at Tynecastle. We have had patches of games where we played well but we need to get it together for the whole game and that's the objective now."

"We don't necessarily stick with the same front two against Dundee United (Scott Vernon and Rory Fallon). If you look at Chalali's contribution in the match against Dunfermline he looked very lively and it was hit great shot that hit the post that set up Vernon for his third. We are looking at Chalali and I have got a feeling that we should never discount Darren Mackie or Josh Magennis. The front two will depend of a number of factors, how they played in their last game and who we think we need to maximise the opposition's deficiencies."

The manager also confirmed that Yoann Folly has a chest infection but everyone else is fit.

In/Oot: out

Pre Match: haircut.

Match: fuck knows

Post Match: budvar

Crowd: where the fuck did this predictor dimension come fae? 10,345

Prediction: 2-0 us

i assume that mentioning yoann folly's sick means that he'd otherwise be involved?? he needs to be getting a game. even mark mcghee could see the boy is a player ffs

In/Oot: out

Pre Match: Felling trees on my Deeside estate.

Match: Golfing

Post Match: Take away curry, beers, Strictly, in front of the fire.

Crowd: 9876

Prediction: 2-1 us

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  >:D

Anyway I have a feeling that were going to do these Jute cunts.

The goals were ok, the third was a bit of a scramble but they all count. Fallon should have had a couple of goals today if he had made the most of the chances he had.  Dundee United looked dangerous going forward at times so the defence did very well to keep them out until the match was wrapped up.

Foster, Jack, Osborne and Arnasson all played very well. I was particularly impressed with how foster talked others through the game, seems to be growing into the captains role a bit.

Fyvie was very poor today, I don't think he's suited to playing out wide but even so he was caught in possession far too often and his head seemed to go down after a couple of late tackles.  Foster seemed to go and have a word with him and he had a decent spell in the second half but I'd still have taken him off long before that.

Delighted with the win though :D

Great win. Osbourne was absolute class today. Breaking up everything and throwing himself about. Him and Arnason were class acts in the middle and bossed the game. The goals weren't particularly good but who gives a toss?! Kept United quiet for most of the game apart from the last 5 minutes. Glad to see that greeting faced Kenneth prick booked and I think at fault for the second. What was Pernis doing for the third goal?! Hopefully onwards and upwards.

7 goals in 2 games. Maybe the team is gelling. Osbourne and Arnasson have to be signed up beyond summer if we're to avoid another period of transition - which seems to be all we've had since jimmy got dunted.

Although since it's a shame about fyvie and jack being forced to play out of position, maybe we should be thinking of SIGNING WIDE PLAYERS and having those two in centre mid. Not doing them or us any good. Also not sure why Fyvie out of position on the right makes sense ahead of Pawlett.

7 goals in 2 games. Maybe the team is gelling. Osbourne and Arnasson have to be signed up beyond summer if we're to avoid another period of transition - which seems to be all we've had since jimmy got dunted.

Although since it's a shame about fyvie and jack being forced to play out of position, maybe we should be thinking of SIGNING WIDE PLAYERS and having those two in centre mid. Not doing them or us any good. Also not sure why Fyvie out of position on the right makes sense ahead of Pawlett.

Jack played very well yesterday at right back. And based on yesterday's performance, the pairing of Osbourne and Arnasson shouldn't be broken up barring injuries or suspension. What we really do miss is a left footed winger, Milsom doesn't have the pace to beat his man.