Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Have fun AND contribute to AFC

There's a quiz night arranged at Pittodrie next month by an independent group of fans who are raising funds for AFC youth development. They have 22 teams already signed up but capacity for more than double this.

£50 for a team of 4 is great value. Any of you guys interested in a good night out with a few bevvies and a laff? Some Dons LEGENDS (and I mean REAL legends) will be in attendance. Should be a memorable night.

Post up your interest. Show that this webchatspeaksite is worthy of the AFC badge.

Will post up the e-mail of the organiser when we have at least £50 worth of interest.

For a great cause, plus some excellent auction prizes too. 

Cheers. 

Sorry about my half-assed attempt at passing on info, dude.

Alan Moir, good guy, sponsor of the hat, is organising so there's probably details on there. It's a site I got banned from for no reason given (nor asked for - care bear) but will get the date tomorrow and will post up. He told me the date today when I seen him but my memory is that of near 50 year old. 

Sorry about my half-assed attempt at passing on info, dude.

Alan Moir, good guy, sponsor of the hat, is organising so there's probably details on there. It's a site I got banned from for no reason given (nor asked for - care bear) but will get the date tomorrow and will post up. He told me the date today when I seen him but my memory is that of near 50 year old.

You didn't seen him you saw him.

• 2 weeks later...

We're still shy of 50 teams so more support is required from AFC fans in the real non-virtual world.

Anybody on DT wanting to spend £12.50 a head for a good night at Pittodrie? The rocket will buy you a drink as a bonus incentive.

You might even win one of the excellent auction prizes. Steal a credit card before you head up the road from Glasgow.

I would have been able to get a team together I dare say but I#m already double booked on the 11th.  :hammer:

Just out of curiosity.. say £10,000 was raised from the night (I have no idea how realistic this is. It's just a random figure) how would it be spent? I know it's for Youth Development but what specifically does this mean? Just curious like.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea as regards the precise spend and how this works. All I know is that the people in charge of this will pass 100% of the proceeds raised to the stipulated cause, not 99.5% nor 99.1%.

How the recipients - AFC plc - spend it is something none of us can anticipate because this incremental revenue stream is brand new.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who "supports" AFC in a virtual sense, a non-real sense if you will, take some comfort pills.

See they individuals in the non-virtual world who wear the badge on their heart and who actually CARE?

They raised some money tonight.

The Dons players who attended were all magic and contributed some amazing anecdotes, mostly original.

Wonderful night. Wonderful people.

For anyone who "supports" AFC in a virtual sense, a non-real sense if you will, take some comfort pills.

See they individuals in the non-virtual world who wear the badge on their heart and who actually CARE?

They raised some money tonight.

The Dons players who attended were all magic and contributed some amazing anecdotes, mostly original.

Wonderful night. Wonderful people.

Well done.

Not sure what in fucks name the first couple of sentences were intended to achieve.