Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

St Mirren v Aberdeen

The fact remains that they shouldnt need urging on or encouragement when they are 1-0 down.

There was at least one spell in the second half in which st Mirren simply passed the ball between their defenders and goalie about 20yards from their own goal for what seemed like an eternity and not one of our players made the effort to charge them down.

With about 5mins to go a slow through ball from our midfield was left by their defence to Sampson who waited for it to come into his 18 yard box and then stood with the ball at his feet for about 10seconds before any one of our players made the effort to force him to pick it up.

The inbred morons in the back row to my left were berating him for timewasting yet how the fuck is it timewasting if the ball is still active?!  :hammer:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh oh, AFC fan in sharpening the knife early shocker. We are two matches into a thirty eight match season, calm doon.

where did i say he should be sacked? it's ok to criticise player performance but not a manager?

that was abject yesterday, and st mirren are also 2 games into a 38 match season. they made us look like a first division outfit yesterday and if brown doesn't deserve criticism for that when i wake up with a horrific hangover then football is dead to me.

Easy, your opinion, but i think thats a bit OTT at the moment. Can't say i'm happy it appears we're the same if not worse off as last season, but give it some time.

the first two games last season we thrashed hamilton and beat st johnstone. i'll give it time because what option do i have? but it's pretty depressing that i'm getting flack for saying brown's done a shit job so far. naive i know but i expect better from my club and won't excuse ineptitude on the park, in the boardroom or in the dugout.

We were dreadful and didn't deserve anything. St Mirren played quite well - not outstandingly - and could have won by two or three. And when things weren't working we didn't have a plan B, the bench was about as lightweight (probably literally) as any I've ever seen. I thought Magennis and Milsom were particularly poor - Magennis left Robertson exposed time and time again and then had the cheek to berate the latter repeatedly, and Milsom seemed utterly incapable of putting his foot on the ball to look for a pass (although in fairness the lack of movement around him made that all the harder).

We definitely need another striker, some creativity in the middle (where was Fyvie?) and a winger if we're ever to even make some chances this season, never mind score.

where did i say he should be sacked? it's ok to criticise player performance but not a manager?

that was abject yesterday, and st mirren are also 2 games into a 38 match season. they made us look like a first division outfit yesterday and if brown doesn't deserve criticism for that when i wake up with a horrific hangover then football is dead to me.

I never said that you said he should be sacked. Of course, if criticism is warrented then it is perfectly acceptable to criticise a manager or a player. However, calling our manager a 'useless twat' is not criticism. Fair enough, the first two games have not been very good whatsoever but seasons are not based on two games. Just look at last season. From what I read from your post, you were suggesting we would find ourselves in a relegation battle. It's only two games in, anything can happen!

What horrendous long term injury did they have?

No idea but they spent more time in the treatment room than they did on the pitch. I hope im wrong but I dont think Fyvie will ever get a decent run in the team due to the injury he picked up at Alloa last season.

No idea but they spent more time in the treatment room than they did on the pitch. I hope im wrong but I dont think Fyvie will ever get a decent run in the team due to the injury he picked up at Alloa last season.

Are you basing this on anything except jumping to conclusions?...

Watching the goal on the BBC site, WTF is Arnasen doing  :-\ Goes chasing the ball in their half and is caught out of position (and jogging back letting Hasselbaink go free). And Considine doesnt help the situation. Fuck knows what shiney object he was chasing.

Are you basing this on anything except jumping to conclusions?...

Tom Widdows is not a doctor, nurse, physio, chiropractor or anything to do with medical science and so his thoughts on a players future playing career should never be taken as fact. He also has nothing against any of the current Playing squad and wants them all fit and healthy.

But if someone has spent the best part of a year recovering from an injury returns to the first team squad, plays one game then misses the next one due to injury I think 'seen this before somewhere'

From this the following can perhaps be concluded, suspected, guessed (whatever you wish to call it)

1) He still had not fully recovered and should not have played against St Johnstone

2) He had fully recovered but the injury has left him prone to niggling injuries (perhaps because it weakened something or  he is worried he will do it again so overcompensates) which will see him in and out of the team on a regular basis.

3) He has fully recovered, theres nothing wrong with his legs etc and his injury is illness or something out of the Kirk Broadfoot cookery book.

If he is back next sunday then this discussions gets put on hold. If he plays every game for the rest of the season then its over. But if he is still injured for the celtic game how many of you will start to think something similar?

All round pathetic performance yesterday. Would rather have went for a family meal than watch that pish.

Why the fuck did Josh Megennis start? He's clearly nae a striker.

And I don't get anybody who thought Arneson was anything other than pish.

The boy Hasselbaink looked pretty amazing, we should have signed him.

The boy Hasselbaink looked pretty amazing, we should have signed him.

You're clearly seeking a reaction so here goes.

Can you please highlight to me his MOTM performances last season for the Accies.

Flash in the pan, and won't produce it over the course of a season

Watching the goal on the BBC site, WTF is Arnasen doing  :-\ Goes chasing the ball in their half and is caught out of position (and jogging back letting Hasselbaink go free). And Considine doesnt help the situation. Fuck knows what shiney object he was chasing.

Just seen megginsons dive again. Even worse when you see it in slow motion. Can someone either slap that carry on out of him or teach him how to act  :hammer:

You're clearly seeking a reaction so here goes.

Can you please highlight to me his MOTM performances last season for the Accies.

Flash in the pan, and won't produce it over the course of a season

Wasn't looking for a reaction at all, was just giving my opinion of the match.

You'd be amazed at how little I ever watch Hamilton play, don't think I made any of our games against them last season. I've been aware of the boy Hasselbaink since he signed, mainly for being Jimmy-Floyd's newhew* but didn't really know if he was any good or not.

Having watched him play, I can now look back in hindsight that he'd be a good replacement for either Maguire or Aluko, and the fact that he'd just been relegated with Hamilton means he would have been cheap to sign.

Wasn't looking for a reaction at all, was just giving my opinion of the match.

You'd be amazed at how little I ever watch Hamilton play, don't think I made any of our games against them last season. I've been aware of the boy Hasselbaink since he signed, mainly for being Jimmy-Floyd's newhew* but didn't really know if he was any good or not.

Having watched him play, I can now look back in hindsight that he'd be a good replacement for either Maguire or Aluko, and the fact that he'd just been relegated with Hamilton means he would have been cheap to sign.

[/quote

Dave, ok I might have been harsh on you with my original response and I'm feeling almost apologetic......almost but not quite.

Anyway, still stand by my original that he wasn't exactly a stand out last season in the SPL, but against that he is still young and may well have undeveloped potential. On a seperate note however, I see he is only on a one year contract at St Midden, so perhaps we could tap him up come January ;)

I think its 12 if they include the renfrewshire cup

I'm sure he said 11 SPL games before today, either way I don't care.

On a side note: Did you get a programme yesterday? I did and now have a poster of the 2011/12 Friendly against MortonRenfrewshire Cup Winning Team  :thumbsup: