Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

St Mirren v Aberdeen

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a flat 442.  We have shown glimpses of good play but st mirren are playing really well.  Constant pressure all over the park and they are passing well, it took 20 mins before we managed to string a few passes together.  If hasselbaink could finish we would be in trouble

Sounds like an entertaining game so far. St. mirren shading it though.

SHADING????

understatement.jpg

Apart from Magennis's shot in the first half their Goalie had nothing to do. He was generous enough to dive a couple of times but i think that was just out of boredom.

And  I believe it was Meggison who decided to do one of the most pathetic dives Ive ever seen rather than make a real effort to drive into the box. and even had the brass neck to complain. I presume had this been a friendly Brown would have hauled him off for that.

They should have been 2-0 and out of sight by half time.

Well beaten by the better team who played their football on the deck.

Ive seen us beaten down there a few times but normally its us playing the football, today was the reverse.

MNot sure where the goals are going to come from because we are not creating anything.

On the positive side Arnason is a really good player albeit he got caught out of position at their goal I think

Groundhog Day ::)

Different season, same old shit >:(

Just home, struggling to put it all into perspective, but suffice to say my new season optimism has well and truely been kicked the fuck out of me.

Positives from today........... we were lucky to get away with a 1-0, on another day it could easily have been four, we were lucky to end the game with eleven players on the park given some of the soft bookings dished out, Gonzalez commands his area extremely well and Arnason certainly looks like a quality addition to the squad

Sounded like that on the radio as well tlg. Wasn't enjoyable listening, although the only nice thing was to hear the commentators were definitely dons fans.  :wave: BBC Scotland.

I had the misfortune of listening to open all mics on bbc scotlalnd, and to put it bluntly, chic young can fuck off. Unprofessional little toad.

He actually used the phrase "St mirren played like Brazil today".

Aye? fuck off.

I fucking do! He's there for fucking BBC no fucking St Mirren Supporters Club or the football club, cunt that he is.

Would you be quite so accommodating about a hun doing the same thing?

But many would be if it was Richard Gordon....

but the chances of Richard Gordon getting to say that about Aberdeen these days etc and so on and so forth...  :(

last year st mirren were 1 of 3 teams who kept us in the spl. they are far far better than we are now.

the two games this season have been a disgrace. brown is 100 years old and he can't out wit a lemon tactically. useless twat.

Oh oh, AFC fan in sharpening the knife early shocker. We are two matches into a thirty eight match season, calm doon.

last year st mirren were 1 of 3 teams who kept us in the spl. they are far far better than we are now.

the two games this season have been a disgrace. brown is 100 years old and he can't out wit a lemon tactically. useless twat.

Easy, your opinion, but i think thats a bit OTT at the moment. Can't say i'm happy it appears we're the same if not worse off as last season, but give it some time.

Utterly inept all over the park. I see Broon has apologised to a really terrific away support for an 'indifferent' performance. Frankly, if the players showed as much energy and commitment as the fans, we'd be in better shape all round.

Bit of a twat referee didn't help, but we really didn't help ourselves. >:D

Utterly inept all over the park. I see Broon has apologised to a really terrific away support for an 'indifferent' performance. Frankly, if the players showed as much energy and commitment as the fans, we'd be in better shape all round.

Bit of a twat referee didn't help, but we really didn't help ourselves. >:D

There are two people who should be making sure the players were not 'indifferent' - the manager and the captain. One of the first complaints I heard was the lack of any urging on for the team by the manager at any point and absolutely no shouting and encouragement by the captain.