Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

New GK: Jason Brown

As long as they play well I couldn't give two shits. We've still got a bunch of good scottish youths knocking on the door of the first team. I don't think we'll be becoming Arsenal anytime soon ;)

Welcome aboard Jason, seems like a few Gillingham fans were gutted they didn't get him.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20110722/jason-brown_2212158_2398609

At lunchtime today Archie Knox formally introduced new signing Jason Brown to the media.

Jason spoke first "I have worked with Archie before at Blackburn and after speaking to him and the manager and listening to their passion to achieve things up here it was an easy decision to join the club.

"Craig and Archie both showed great ambition.

"Also the fact they were keen to bring me in, it is refreshing nowadays when a manager wants to bring the player in.

"One of the other main reasons was to also help me get back into the Wales squad. I have also brought my family up here so I am here to play football and not sit on the bench. All I can do is get myself into the best possible shape I can over the next few weeks and get training with the boys and make myself available for selection and hopefully I will play.

"I am really looking forward to it. I was up at 6 o'clock this morning just looking forward to training. Hopefully we can make a good start to the season. Then we will see where we land up and hopefully we can get in amongst it. Aberdeen is a massive club and I want to achieve things like Archie and the gaffer want to.

"I have been fortunate in my career, especially at Blackburn, to work with players that have achieved a lot. I want to bring that here and hopefully contribute as much as I can to winning some silverware and getting as high up the table as I can.

"I am also really looking forward to working with Jim Leighton. Although I was young I remember watching him play. Jim is a legend and I am looking forward to working with him. Even today I was picking things up from him. He is a very good goalkeeping coach.

At Blackburn it was difficult as they had some great keepers. Brad Friedel was like a freak of nature he was that good, then Paul Robinson came in and done well so I have not played as many games as I would have liked. So I do have to make up for those years. I have come to a big club, I am honoured to be here and hopefully I can repay the faith the manager and Archie have shown in me. The only way I am going to do that is by performing on a Saturday.

"I have watched quite a lot of Scottish football over the years. Darren Randolph at Motherwell is a close friend.

"I have signed a new two year deal so I am committed to the club and 100% committed to the cause.

Archie Knox is pleased with clubs new acquisition. Archie Knox

"It is fantastic for us signing a player with this pedigree. If you look at us now we have three terrific goalkeepers. It might take Jamie a bit of time to come back but we have David up until Christmas at least so the competition will be there for them all. It is not often a club like Aberdeen can attract players from the Premiership to come all the way up here and it is great credit to both Jason and David that they are able to see Aberdeen is a big club and want to be part of the SPL.

"I used to belt a few past him at training so hopefully that will not continue! No seriously he is an experienced keeper. Unfortunately with Paul Robinson at Blackburn he never got a chance. David is number one at the moment but like every position in the team it is up for grabs. It will take him a little bit of time to get his match fitness back as he has not done much training recently but once he gets a few practice games under his belt the competition begins.

Seems like a pretty decent signing for us, and certainly appears to be up for the challenge and committed to the cause. It must however raise questions about the long term future of Clangers post his illness ???

Obviously I wish Langfield well and hope he has a full and speedy recovery, but I'm hoping that this is a blessing in disguise for the club. They offered him a one year deal which was strange at the time, so I can't help but think that they're not 100% convinced by him. He is a bottler and hopefully Jason Brown and Gonzalez are made of sterner stuff, time will tell I guess!

Obviously I wish Langfield well and hope he has a full and speedy recovery, but I'm hoping that this is a blessing in disguise for the club. They offered him a one year deal which was strange at the time, so I can't help but think that they're not 100% convinced by him. He is a bottler and hopefully Jason Brown and Gonzalez are made of sterner stuff, time will tell I guess!

I don't think we'll ever see Langfield in a Dons shirt ever again tbh.