Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dirty jutie servile arab mink news

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Can they not just sell one of their big names?

I reckon they thought when getting in McNulty that Shankland would have been off before window closure.

Going about it all the wrong way if it is correct that acquisitions in window just closed are exempt for cuts. Allegedly paying £5k per week for McNulty.

Now, I've got to say that the Arabs are a club (and supporters) that I would take a great deal of schadenfreude from normally but to be honest this really is a ticking time bomb in Scottish football at present and no one is going to be unaffected by this loss of income. Need them to get through this like the rest of us. 

12 minutes ago, BigAl said:

I reckon they thought when getting in McNulty that Shankland would have been off before window closure.

Going about it all the wrong way if it is correct that acquisitions in window just closed are exempt for cuts. Allegedly paying £5k per week for McNulty.

Now, I've got to say that the Arabs are a club (and supporters) that I would take a great deal of schadenfreude from normally but to be honest this really is a ticking time bomb in Scottish football at present and no one is going to be unaffected by this loss of income. Need them to get through this like the rest of us. 

I don't believe the £5K per week figure. That'd be twice what they're paying any of their other players I'd have thought. I can't see that happening in this day in age, especially not for a player as proven mediocre as McNulty. Sounds like internet bollocks. That said, getting him in before Shankland going out sounds plausible, and a real fuck up if true. If they can cling on until January, that might save them. However, I don't think they'll get good money for Shankland. I'm really not that convinced he's good enough - or got the right attributes - to play down South. He's that sort of in between striker that would do well up here. Got obvious talent and a great finisher, but not that quick and not that strong. Reminds me of Rooney in many ways. A big hoofer in the championship would just sit on him for 90 minutes and he'd struggle. Like May when he was at St Johnstone, I also think he's at the peak of his game with few obvious areas he can improve. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, because I think he's done really well to get back to the top of his game and deserves the opportunity.

Hear what you're saying Rico, I have no insider knowledge but £5k is the figure widely speculated upon.

Also rumoured to be paying Ryan Edwards £3k per week......that is just fucking mental if true.

The boy Fuchs that has just joined them certainly won't be on an average United wage

They must be paying a decent wedge to a few as did they not lose £3.8m during their last season in the Championship ?

Regarding Shankland, it has long been speculated that the Amercian owner has been topping up his wage. I also agree regarding his value. I'm not certain they're going to get top dollar for him and reckon that at present his stock might actually be in decline

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

Hear what you're saying Rico, I have no insider knowledge but £5k is the figure widely speculated upon.

Also rumoured to be paying Ryan Edwards £3k per week......that is just fucking mental if true.

The boy Fuchs that has just joined them certainly won't be on an average United wage

They must be paying a decent wedge to a few as did they not lose £3.8m during their last season in the Championship ?

Regarding Shankland, it has long been speculated that the Amercian owner has been topping up his wage. I also agree regarding his value. I'm not certain they're going to get top dollar for him and reckon that at present his stock might actually be in decline

Christ, what a fucking shambles. The Yanks making the mistakes that the rest made before them. They must be aiming for this new Europa 2nd tier pish in the coming years, otherwise I can't see what the influx of US cash into the Scottish game is about. Cormack possibly slightly different, but the tie in with Atlanta reeks of some prior (to Covid) bigger picture. I can't believe anyone would pay Edwards £3K per week, he's a slightly above average SPFL player that could be replaced very easily. At least they should know where to target their cuts with all these high paid failures.

Had also heard that McNulty had been signed on basis they thought they would sell Shankland. No idea on the wages on the deal but they were haemorrhaging money in Championship so very possible paying decent wages. They would need too to get anyone to put on that hideous tangerine shirt. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Employing that dour Poundshop-Derek-McInnes charlatan as manager is probably a bigger contributor. He’s done absolutely nothing as a manager other than get a St Mirren side luckily brimming with generational talent promoted and done nothing other than make average teams more average since. Yet he’ll still get mentioned for top roles every time there’s a vacancy. Baffling. 

Edited by Slim

16 minutes ago, Slim said:

Employing that dour Poundshop-Derek-McInnes charlatan as manager is probably a bigger contributor. He’s done absolutely nothing as a manager other than get a St Mirren side luckily brimming with generational talent promoted and done nothing other than make average teams more average since. Yet he’ll still get mentioned for top roles every time there’s a vacancy. Baffling. 

Yep, have to say I thought he had a lot more about him. Thought he spoke really well in his early days with Alloa and St Mirren, and seemed to be able to communicate that to the players too. Would have been happy to see him here at that point and even post Sunderland (because I didn't know any better). Since that, a decent spell at Hibs is all he has to show for himself, followed by terrible stuff. Impressively bad record so far this season. Looks to be a semblance of a decent team there too. Assume he'll get punted shortly.

Its pretty impressive that he’s managed to make such a fuck up of that team tbh.  They’re not bad. Aussie keeper is actually decent so I’m also surprised to see him performing so badly. Still. It’s funny as fuck as long as they retain this form against us 👍