Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ricky Foster new captain

As i have said before, i was brought up in a Rangers supporting family. :(

I did not want anything to do with the Bile that came from that Shite!

So i decided to support Aberdeen.

Some of the "Support" for the Dons now make me think there is no difference between us and the Old Firm.  :(

Whats the whole point of "STANDFREE" ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised no one has mentioned about what our new signings thought of it all.

Must have created quite an impression upon our trialists as well.

Aye, for a team still looking to bring in a couple more players and convince them to take a shit wage it is spectacularly retarded.

I'll echo what Scotfree says an all. Anyone singing bobby sands songs or anything relevantly similar has no place in the dons support.

Like ST says Foster seems bright enough. I was always led to believe he was Aberdeen (confirmed by Brown last night), and he has also proved on a few occasions in the past that he is not afraid to confront his manager if there is something he feels is not right. Last night confirmed that he's not prepared to take any shit. When you add in he is behind only Mackie in terms of Aberdeen appearances and has had the experience of playing in the champions league and being part of a championship winning squad, regardless of where this happened,  I'm not sure if there has been a more obvious captain in recent history.

Like ST says Foster seems bright enough. I was always led to believe he was Aberdeen (confirmed by Brown last night), and he has also proved on a few occasions in the past that he is not afraid to confront his manager if there is something he feels is not right. Last night confirmed that he's not prepared to take any shit. When you add in he is behind only Mackie in terms of Aberdeen appearances and has had the experience of playing in the champions league and being part of a championship winning squad, regardless of where this happened,  I'm not sure if there has been a more obvious captain in recent history.

Complete agreement Baggy.

Obvious doesn't necessarily mean good or successful, time will be the only way to tell but there's no denying it's the right decision.

Marred by cunts.

Just ridiculous to think that knuckle draggers like that pair o twats would go all that way just to have a pop at foster. Its thoroughly embarrassing. I can only agree with all the sentiments that have been said about this and hope they never disgrace or show up for an Aberdeen game again. The boy went to rangers through no ambition of his own, just McGhee! I mean for Christ sake even Willie Miller told McGhee not to do the deal and Miller said it was one time he nearly fell out with a manager at AFC in his role of director of football. Whether Fozzy is a grumpy sod doesn't really bother me. So long as the team play for him as captain, he plays well and we get the results that's all that matters. I bet you no one will be more up for the next Aberdeen rangers game than him! COYR

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Foster was delighted with the reception he received as he captained Aberdeen for the first time in a competitive match in their goalless Clydesdale Bank Premier League opener against St Johnstone.

The full-back, who has returned to Pittodrie following a season-long loan at rivals Rangers, was jeered by a small section of supporters during the club's pre-season friendly against German side Bochum.

However the defender received a warm welcome from the Dons faithful and put in an impressive display as his side started the season with a draw against the McDiarmid Park outfit.

Foster said: "I always thought there would be a small section of fans that wouldn't take to me straight away but after that incident in pre-season I have had letters and emails to the club wishing me all the best, which is really nice.

"You are never going to please everyone and I just have to prove myself to the fans that haven't welcomed me back on the pitch.

"Hopefully after that performance and with my performances over the next few weeks I can show the Aberdeen fans that I'm here to be Aberdeen captain and that I want to be here. All I can do is do well on the pitch and hopefully they will take to me. However, as I have already said, most of the fans have been brilliant."

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17177496

Bristol City full-back Richard Foster has been called up to the Scotland squad for Wednesday's friendly in Slovenia.

The former Aberdeen skipper replaces Aston Villa's Alan Hutton, who has a hamstring problem.

Celtic midfielder Scott Brown, Blackpool winger Matt Phillips and Sunderland full-back Phil Bardsley withdrew earlier in the week.

Wigan midfielder James McArthur was added to cover for Brown.

Celtic captain Brown missed the victory over Motherwell on Saturday because of a groin injury, Phillips has a hamstring injury while Bardsley has a suspected tear in his calf.

Foster, 26, who moved from the Dons to Ashton Gate in January, has never been capped before, although he has represented Scotland at U21 level.

"Craig's quite happy with the cover he's got and the players here against a Slovenian team that'll be a good match," said Scotland assistant manager Peter Houston.

Houston said he was excited that young players like Phillips were emerging for the national side.

"The future is bright," he added. "Wednesday (friendly against Slovenia) is a build up towards trying to assemble a squad to take us forward."

Houston also expressed delight that Scotland had goalkeepers of the quality of Allan McGregor and Craig Gordon to call upon.

McGregor has been a consistent performer for Rangers, while Sunderland keeper Gordon is available following a year-long spell on the sidelines through injury.

"They're as good as anything, in my opinon, and playing at their best are hard to separate," said Houston.

Scotland can expect to face an organised Slovenia side on Wednesday, the Dundee United boss added.

"They're trying to get on the up as well. They've qualified for championships before and are solid enough: play 4-4-2 most of the time with two sitting midfielders.

"There are still (squad) places to be had and it's a good time for Craig to watch players like Matt Phillips and see if there's anyone else out there who can enhance the squad."

Scotland squad:

Goalkeepers: Allan McGregor (Rangers) Craig Gordon (Sunderland) Matt Gilks (Blackpool)

Defenders: Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers) Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic) Charlie Mulgrew (Celtic) Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers) Russell Martin (Norwich City) Richard Foster (Bristol City)

Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Liverpool) Barry Bannan (Aston Villa) Don Cowie (Cardiff City) Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion) James Forrest (Celtic) Barry Robson (Middlesbrough) James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion) Robert Snodgrass (Leeds United) James McArthur (Wigan)

Forwards: David Goodwillie (Blackburn Rovers) Kenny Miller (Cardiff City) Jamie Mackie (Queens Park Rangers) Craig Mackail-Smith (Brighton and Hove Albion)

Would he have been called-up if he had still been with us I wonder?

• 1 month later...