Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ricky Foster new captain

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for me he wasn't particularly vocal from what I remember, other than that he was the first name on the team sheet.

Great organiser, spoke to his colleagues rather than screamed at them, but led them well and took responsibility the way a captain should - never shirked anything. More a Bryan Robson style captain than a Roy Aitken style.

Couldn't agree more  :thumbsup:

Actually Kerr was alright off the pitch. Really decent on the couple of occasions I met him and seemed genuinely pleased to be at Aberdeen. Just a pity he was such a fucking rotten player on it.

Never good enough player to be captain. If he is best option we have then we are more fucked than I thought.

That's quite a mild reaction from you. I was expecting a lot worse.

I'm happy to have Ricardo back in the team, but the boy is not a captain. Regardless of what he done last season, he's not the type of player to talk/shout other players through a game. Neither was Anderson like, but cannae see Foster being up to much.

I think Foster is the logical choice. Been at the club all his playing career barring one season and his experience at the Huns will have only benefitted him. It wasn't his choice to be loaned out nor did he ask to be loaned out to our rivals. Good choice IMO.

Great organiser, spoke to his colleagues rather than screamed at them, but led them well and took responsibility the way a captain should - never shirked anything. More a Bryan Robson style captain than a Roy Aitken style.

absofuckinglutely 100% agree with this.  Anderson took time to grow into the role but when he got there he was a fantastic skipper.  Easily the best since mcleish for me (though that is not to say i have forgotten a skipper in the interluding period).

One of the best things done under JC's management was the turning of Anderson into Captain.  I think it was probably Jimmy Nichol that made it happen.

Bochum 2 - 1 Aberdeen: Richard Foster vents fury at fans' taunts

Published Date: 07 July 2011

By MARK WALKER

AT rewirpower-Stadion

Bochum 2

Ginczek 44, Aydin 90

Aberdeen 1

Mackie 85

NEW Aberdeen captain Richard Foster had an unhappy opening game as Dons skipper after an ugly confrontation with fans during last night's friendly in Germany.

Foster was abused by the small band of Aberdeen supporters in Herne before he even kicked the ball. The Dons fans took exception to Foster's successful loan spell at rivals Rangers last season, which provoked the barracking.

It continued throughout the game and the defender finally snapped by launching a foul-mouthed tirade at the supporters as he came off the pitch at half time.

But the Pittodrie stalwart was adamant he would do the same again at a packed Pittodrie and fiercely defended his actions.

Asked if he understood the fans reaction, he stated: "No, not at all. I left Aberdeen to go on loan. I never asked to leave Aberdeen.

"I got to play in some massive games for Rangers and I was never going to turn that opportunity down.

Now I am back here I have obviously proved to the manager over the first couple of weeks that I want to be here because he has made me captain. Aberdeen have got a good section of fans. By and large they are great fans, but there is a small section who have taken a dislike to me. But I won't shy away from that. I will let them know I don't enjoy it. The whole first half I was getting abuse and yet they expected me to clap them at the end!"

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown added: "What happened to Richard Foster is unfair and if some supporters did have a go then I would say they are not insightful.

"His reaction will not endear him to the supporters but there were mitigating circumstances."

Darren Mackie netted his second goal in two pre-season games, but the Dons went down to the last kick of the ball to the Bundesliga II side.

Aberdeen: Oldfield (Rossl 46), Clark, Considine, Mawene, Foster, Jack (Robertson 65), Fyvie (Gentner 68), Osbourne (Paton 68), Milson (Colic 68), Pawlett (Mackie 65), Vernon (Magennis 68).

http://www.scotsman.com/football/Bochum-2--1-Aberdeen.6797211.jp

Narrowminded twats. Foster went on loan to Der Hun, he didn't request a transfer to Der Hun!!

We've had plenty of ex-huns play for us and manage us (especially in recent times). Why Foster gets the abuse I'll never know. But like I say, we've got some right twats in our fanbase - as does everyone else. Just a shame these twats have opted to travel to Holland, as they are probably now the majority over there.

A real shame that so called fans would give Ricky Foster a hard time.  So, he played for Rangers (due to McGhee being an idiot) not through any personal request for a move.  Even if he had played for Rangers because he wanted to - get over it!  Barry Nic did a great job for us and it could be argued that Jim Bett and Eoin Jess (both ex Rangers) played their best football for Aberdeen when they played against Rangers.  Alex McLeish, an AFC legend, is a Rangers supporter.  So what?  What matters is what a players does on the park.  FFS guys, give Foster a chance as Captain.  The last thing he needs is the fans on his back, trying to turn him into a jittery bag of nerves before a ball is kicked in anger or hoping that he fails in his role. 

If you're not going to get behind him and the team then do us all a favour and Fuck off and stay at home on a Saturday.

A real shame that so called fans would give Ricky Foster a hard time.  So, he played for Rangers (due to McGhee being an idiot) not through any personal request for a move.  Even if he had played for Rangers because he wanted to - get over it!  Barry Nic did a great job for us and it could be argued that Jim Bett and Eoin Jess (both ex Rangers) played their best football for Aberdeen when they played against Rangers.  Alex McLeish, an AFC legend, is a Rangers supporter.  So what?  What matters is what a players does on the park.  FFS guys, give Foster a chance as Captain.  The last thing he needs is the fans on his back, trying to turn him into a jittery bag of nerves before a ball is kicked in anger or hoping that he fails in his role. 

If you're not going to get behind him and the team then do us all a favour and Fuck off and stay at home on a Saturday.

Couldn't have put it better myself. :clap:

Narrowminded twats Foster went on loan to Der Hun, he didn't request a transfer to Der Hun!!

We've had plenty of ex-huns play for us and manage us (especially in recent times). Why Foster gets the abuse I'll never know. But like I say, we've got some right twats in our fanbase - as does everyone else. Just a shame these twats have opted to travel to Holland, as they are probably now the majority over there.

Sums it up for me. High time some folk woke up and smelt the coffee