Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Ricky Foster new captain

What special kind of cunt goes to pre-season game to give nonsensical abuse like that?

Never mind not endearing himself to the fans, I'd have been happy if Foster went over and panelled the fuckin nobs that were shouting abuse.

Utter embarrassment. Small minded dickheads don't half give our support a bad name at times. No doubt the Daily Ranger will pick up on this.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Daily Ranger and the other shite tabloid the name of which I can't bring myself to mention will be in overdrive at this.

Retard Article:

Foster impressed during his loan stint at Ibrox last season - but some Dons fans are unhappy at his return

NEW Aberdeen skipper Richard Foster last night marked his first day in the job with a wild four-letter rant at his own supporters.

The defender who spent last season on loan to fierce rivals Rangers was singled out for abuse by Dons fans during the 2-1 defeat by Bochum in Germany.

Just hours after being handed the armband by boss Craig Brown, Foster twice mouthed off at the Red Army when they jeered and screamed at him to go back to Ibrox.

The furious stopper was heard telling the small group of fans to "f*** off".

Later when asked how he would react if the entire South Stand at Pittodrie repeated the abuse, the 25-year-old admitted he would again fire from the lip.

Foster, who has had more than 10 years' service with the Dons, said: "I'd probably do the same.

"If they give me abuse the whole game I will let them know and make it apparent.

"I know it may only be a small section of fans but I will make it apparent it is not acceptable.

"One thing Aberdeen have is a good section of fans and that has helped us over the past few seasons but there is a small section who have taken a dislike to me.

"But I won't shy away from that. I will let them know I don't enjoy it. If the fans get behind me and I am doing my job on the pitch, fine.

"But if they start giving me abuse I will let them know I don't accept it."

The incident overshadowed the Dons' first game of their pre-season tour but Foster was seething at the lack of respect some fans displayed and insists he never wanted to leave the club last term.

He said: "I never said I wanted to go away - I was effectively sent away.

"I tried to do my best when I was away and then for the whole first half I was getting abuse and yet they expected me to clap them at the end.

"I'm not saying it was every fan but there was a few of them singing and it wasn't nice. That was my first game this season. I would have hoped the Aberdeen fans would have got behind me.

"I was gutted. I wanted them to wipe the slate clean and let me get on with my job but there is a section who won't let me do that."

Jesus.  ::)

Whilst not overwhelmed by the appointment of Tricky Dicky as captain I'm not too surprised either. But that abuse is ridiculous.

I know there was always going to be a small bunch of morons who took exception to him actually enjoying his spell at Rangers but I didn't think they'd all be in Germany at once. I just hope that come the start of the season the rest of the Red Army gets behind Ricky and drowns out those morons.

I've always said I wanted Ricky back and I'm glad he is.  :thumbsup:

I seriously despair with the dons support. Seriously thick maladjusted fuckwits. All the way over to a friendly and give the newly appointed captain abuse. Well done cunts.

It really does take a special kind of cunt to travel all the way to Germany for your summer holidays and once you're there, sing abuse and boo one of the people you've specifically gone to see.  That really is quite remarkable, in the words of David Coleman.

Absolute fucking spangles.

It really does take a special kind of cunt to travel all the way to Germany for your summer holidays and once you're there, sing abuse and boo one of the people you've specifically gone to see.  That really is quite remarkable, in the words of David Coleman.

Absolute fucking spangles.

Indeed.

But I do question the appointment of Foster as captain as it was always going to split the fans unfortunately. 

Anybody getting upset by the appointment needs to take a long hard look at themselves, but sadly that's the reality of our support.

Indeed.

But I do question the appointment of Foster as captain as it was always going to split the fans unfortunately. 

Anybody getting upset by the appointment needs to take a long hard look at themselves, but sadly that's the reality of our support.

I wouldn't say their reaction was down to him being made captain. They were singing "Foster's a hun" or words to that effect.

I'd understand if we'd signed Lafferty and made him captain. I'd understand if Foster went to Rangers, sang the Billy Boys and labelled the aberdeen support moronic and scum. But all he did was go where he was told, continuely praise afc and his time there and make the most of the opportunities offered him.

Sadly these moronic twats were always going to do this kind of thing whether he was made captain or not, despite the fact that we were crying out for him for most of last season some folk had such a prejudice against even before the rangers thing that this was always going to push them over the edge.  I just hope it really is a small minority.

In the words of David Coleman, absolute fucking spangles.

Couldn't have been an easy decision to make him captain, maybe Brown thought that was the best way for the fans and Ricky Foster to put the whole Hun episode behind us.  But no, as usual we have a minority of eejits who think they know better than the management team. 

Most reasonable dons fans hold Brown and Knox in very high regard, and are happy to trust their decision making.  But I'm sure Bill the unemployed carpet fitter from Torry has a better grasp on football mamagement.  ::)

Maybe someone should ask these arseholes who call themselves fans why they aren't booing Archie Knox?

probably because Knox would take their heads off if they tried to abuse him.

there's not enough expletives to cover the contempt I feel for these dickheads.

From Mad:

There were 25 dons fans there, and out of those there were two guys who chanted at Foster the entire first half. The rest of their group did chant stick your medal and hun at him early on, but nowhere near as much or as energetically as two of the lads and not every time he touched the ball.

The greatest irony being that the two guys who were chanting hun in the first half were giving renditions of the Bobby Sands song in the second half. Perhaps just a little confused by it all. To be fair though, the other guys in the group didn't join in and did tell the two guys to leave out those kind of songs.

The majority of the fans there were good natured, and the stories in the media have been blown well out of proportion.

Foster's reaction to a bit of abuse from about 20 fans should be evidence enough that he is not cut out to be a captain.

A reaction that neither of us has witnessed. In any case, telling a couple of fannies (as it apparently was) that were constantly giving him pelters to "fuck off" sounds to me like he is more captain material than I had previously thought.

Having met Foster out in Holland a few years ago at the last pre-season camp there - im not surprised he reacted. He came across as a right grumpy cunt up his own arse then. If you are out there it is a bona fide pish up and the players and management know this and most embraced it. Duff, Young and Kerr got the majority of our good natured abuse but they were also the most friendly with JDV, Daal, Consi, Mackie and others also being friendly. However Foster stuck out like a sore thumb and was grumpy unlike the rest and went out of his way to not speak to us (I can understand why as we were mostly gibbering drunks) but we did notice this and the impression has stuck. Ok, he is not a people person and reacted to getting abuse - still not a reason for him not to be captain.

When I was told he was captain I was surprised and personally I didn't see him as captain material and he lacks ability. I think he handled being at Ibrox ok but was surprised at how often he was put up for the media to interview as I cant really remember him doing that much for us. I just cant see him inspiring the players, players looking up to him and it doesnt matter how much you all say it is immature to dislike him - it was clear as soon as he left to play for the huns a vast proportion of people would lower their view of him. Lastly dont forget he is from Elgin  :hammer:

Having met Foster out in Holland a few years ago at the last pre-season camp there - im not surprised he reacted. He came across as a right grumpy cunt up his own arse then. If you are out there it is a bona fide pish up and the players and management know this and most embraced it. Duff, Young and Kerr got the majority of our good natured abuse but they were also the most friendly with JDV, Daal, Consi, Mackie and others also being friendly. However Foster stuck out like a sore thumb and was grumpy unlike the rest and went out of his way to not speak to us (I can understand why as we were mostly gibbering drunks) but we did notice this and the impression has stuck. Ok, he is not a people person and reacted to getting abuse - still not a reason for him not to be captain.

When I was told he was captain I was surprised and personally I didn't see him as captain material and he lacks ability. I think he handled being at Ibrox ok but was surprised at how often he was put up for the media to interview as I cant really remember him doing that much for us. I just cant see him inspiring the players, players looking up to him and it doesnt matter how much you all say it is immature to dislike him - it was clear as soon as he left to play for the huns a vast proportion of people would lower their view of him. Lastly dont forget he is from Elgin  :hammer:

in fairness to foster I'd be grumpy if I was told I looked like brunstanesheep too. ugly bastard

Personally I think it's a good thing that it's happened.  It was always going to happen and it's better that it's happened in front of a small crowd of numpties that he could address personally, instead of a baying mob of idiots at home.  Hopefully some of those numpties at home now realise that they're being just that and will at least give him some time as captain to see how it goes.  Although sadly I doubt that will happen.

Despite what some might think of him as a footballer, he had bags of experience before he went out on load, not to mention two ex-Scotland managers seeing something in him.

Foster has always came across well in interviews before his loan deal and during that time his answers were always carefully worded to not upset anyone with more than one brain cell.  He seems like an intelligent guy, didn't he used to be called Wikipedia or something by his team mates?  If that's what it takes to get CB's message from the team talks across onto the park during games then so be it.

Time will tell.

Foster's reaction to a bit of abuse from about 20 fans should be evidence enough that he is not cut out to be a captain.

Aye.

We don't want a vocal captain who stands up for himself.

Fuck that.

Well unless they printed that story in Redweb or one of the matchday programs then no, it wasn't to do with that thread.

I'm fairly certain one of the players gave a quickfire questions interview about their team mates like the Soccer AM one (Who's the longest in the shower).  Might have been Aluko because I also remember him banging on about clothes and saying Considine was the worst dressed because he was always wearing tracksuits and just didn't care.