Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Clangers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without a doubt, one of the best servents to the club that has been on the books since the turn of the century.

awful news. but i'm sure he's strong enough to recover. certainly he's been strong enough to deal with the ott criticism he's had from segments of the 'support' at times, so will be strong enough to get over this.

http://www.epilepsyscotland.org.uk/fundraise/single-donation/

without a doubt, one of the best servents to the club that has been on the books since the turn of the century.

awful news. but i'm sure he's strong enough to recover. certainly he's been strong enough to deal with the ott criticism he's had from segments of the 'support' at times, so will be strong enough to get over this.

http://www.epilepsyscotland.org.uk/fundraise/single-donation/

I would point out one seizure does epilepsy not make.  Could be any number of reasons he has had a seizure and time will tell which it is, but it shouldn't necessarily have any impact on his career or even prospects of starting the season in July.  Southern General is the centre for Neurology/Neurosurgery in the West of Scotland, if not Scotland as a whole so he was certainly in the best place.  All the best to Clangers and here's for a swift recovery.

I would point out one seizure does epilepsy not make.  Could be any number of reasons he has had a seizure and time will tell which it is, but it shouldn't necessarily have any impact on his career or even prospects of starting the season in July.  Southern General is the centre for Neurology/Neurosurgery in the West of Scotland, if not Scotland as a whole so he was certainly in the best place.  All the best to Clangers and here's for a swift recovery.

Are you some sort of doctor?

Rumours have it that he won't be able to play for a year  :-\ I hope he has a swift recovery. So we'll be needing a new no1. GK !

Sounds about right, signs a 1 year contract and is now out for a year.

Are football players insured against things like this?

If he can't play for a year because of this, I doubt he'll ever be able to play again.

Dons keeper’s Cech-in with London neurosurgeon

Langfield will be cared for by same surgeon who treated Chelsea player

By alex martin

Published: 08/06/2011

Aberdeen goalkeeper Jamie Langfield will travel to London on June 15 for diagnosis and treatment from the neurosurgeon who cared for Chelsea’s Petr Cech as the Dons player continues his recovery from a seizure.

Langfield, 31, was taken to Glasgow Southern Hospital after an incident on Sunday, May 29, and was released from hospital on Thursday.

He will continue his recuperation under the care of the neurosurgeon, believed to be Richard Kerr.