Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Clangers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Langfield get his place back when he is fully fit? personally, I would be quite happy to see Gonzo stay between the sticks. Has done very little wrong so far imo.

I'd be quite happy for Langfield to go straight back in the team once fit. Havent been 100% convinced by Gonzalez and today during periods of the second half confirmed that for me.

I'd be quite happy for Langfield to go straight back in the team once fit. Havent been 100% convinced by Gonzalez and today during periods of the second half confirmed that for me.

No way can Clangers walk straight back in to the first eleven.

He will have to earn it, or alternatively Gonzo needs to totally throw it away

No way can Clangers walk straight back in to the first eleven.

He will have to earn it, or alternatively Gonzo needs to totally throw it away

My thoughts exactly. The radio seemed to say that he'd had a good game apart from his moment of madness in the second half. I've not seem him play yet, but.i hope he's better than langfield. As I said in the match thread, langfield sounded panicky on the radio, god knows what he's like on the pitch! Would explain a lot.

Was a bit of a howler by Gonzalez today, but to be fair to him when I saw the replay it was a bit more awkward than it looked at first. It was one of those hideous shots that you can't really palm away from the danger area as it's coming straight at you, but is also pretty hard to take in as well due to the pace on the ball.

Still should have done better right enough.

• 1 year later...

Most relevant thread I could find?

Langfield Tweets:

Jamie Langfield @jamlang22

Just to let everyone know I'm in hospital for what happened to me last year, and hopefully make sure its all gone #fingerscrossed

Hopefully nothing serious, he's been pretty solid so far this season.

Sounds like routine check up? Been good this year apart from 2 seconds in the first game.

Really glad no one at the club takes any notice of the weird shite people say on messageboards because keeping faith in him and not bringing in JB after celtic park has proved very wise. Clangers showed he's a pro and Brown showed he's an unprofessional arsehole.

Sounds like routine check up? Been good this year apart from 2 seconds in the first game.

Really glad no one at the club takes any notice of the weird shite people say on messageboards because keeping faith in him and not bringing in JB after celtic park has proved very wise. Clangers showed he's a pro and Brown showed he's an unprofessional arsehole.

Would pretty much agree with that!

Has a couple of really good saves (ones for the cameras as I'd describe them) on Saturday, but still didn't gloss over the fact that St Midden continously pumped high balls into the box on Saturday and Clangers was caught like a rabbit in the headlights and flapped at them on several occassions.

We need better and hopefully this is a priority in Jan.

Needs to be someone who is capable of coming straight in and taking the number one jersey from the off.

We can't afford that though Al.

We need someone long term though despite Langfield being better than average this season.

Can we have a right back?

Offer a bung to whoever does the goalkeeping scouting for the Arabs ;)

They seem to have managed to unearth a few decent keepers on frees over the past few years.

Surely Brown's wage will be available to pay new keeper ???

I genuinely don't see enough of most other keepers to know if they're much cop or not.

We don't lose too many goals of late and the keeper has to play a part in that, in fact, the goals we have lost in the last few games have been largely down to some poor defending.

I'm not averse to changing the keeper just I would be less inclined to changing it in January given there being less liklihood for value for money and the fact Langfield has recovered some form and the defence as a unit seems much more solid.

I'll reserve judgment till we're playing in a high pressure game with lots at stake. that's generally when Clangers comes into his own. you know, something Like a semi final.

Glad he's been better than usual of late, but if a chance of a decent keeper came up at any point, we should jump at it.

JL would be a decent number 2 to have around.