Wednesday 19th June 2024

Euro 2024 -  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland v 🇨🇭Switzerland

kick-off 8pm

QF Replay v St Mirren

Aberdeen never make things easy on themselves do they?!  :hammer: Got there in the end though!

Just parking me erse on the seat when Aluko stretched out a leg to a low ball into the box and it rebounded off the bar and then out for a corner via Gallacher I think. From the resulting corner, Maguire I think got the final touch onto it and it was 1-0. It was a decent first half showing Aberdeen but we couldn't rest easy and there was a couple of jittery moments when St Mirren were allowed to hit the ball and there were a couple of occasions where the wasn't far from going in. Got the second at a perfect time, right before half time. I thought it was an own goal.

Second half wasn't that good but we were just happy to see it out and looked very comfortable apart from a bit of pinball wizardry in the box aside, until Vujadinovics first touch of the ball when he headers it past Langfield! Obviously then, Mirren start launching everybody up and Vernon should have put the game to bed when he was through one on one. Mirren had a couple of decent chances to make it 2-2 from Dargo and I think McGowan but we seen it out in the end. Just a bit more nervy than what it should have been.

Aluko had a good game tonight. Full of running and tricks and flicks which were paying off. Looked more like what he is so capable of. Maguire faded in and out in the second half as did Jack. Milsom huffed and puffed without it really paying off and Young was average, although he stood off his men and allowed their players to pick out a pass quite a bit in the first half. Defensively, I thought we played well with Smith, Considine, Diamond, McArdle and Langfield all looking fairly comfortable. McArdle's distribution was fucking rank rotten the night, everytime it was a long punt upfield, akin to Ifil's distribution.

We were really fortunate to win I thought, and that against a dismal St Mirren team.  Stand outs for me were Considine at the back and Aluko going forward, really well played.

Overall glad we are through, been at Raith/Dunfermline massive disappointments before so felt good to finally not fk up a replay.

Come on you reds lets take these cants  :thumbsup: