Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Terminate Velicka's loan deal ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's ever been confirmed if we're paying anything for Velicka or not. Would certainly make no sense for the Huns to loan a player who is out of contract at the end of the season for free, they'd just release him.

If we are paying wages due to the financial constraints on our club it certainly has to be up there with Pepper, in my opinion. That's with the help of hindsight obviously.

If, from what has been said, he seems uninterested then ship him out. Last thing we need is someone dragging their heels even if it is just in training. Due to the amount of youngsters in the first team squad we need more role models, we already have enough piss artists.

We may not be paying him wages, but he costs us in time and effort in the physio room and on the training pitch. Time and effort that should be used on one of our players. Just send him home, it's not doing either of us any good having him here.

Aye, i'm not saying we shouldn't ship him out, just that to label that as the worst piece of business we've ever done is hyperbole. We've had far more catastrophic deals than this one. Have to keep in mind that we may actually end up getting some decent cash for Foster out of it.

Would certainly make no sense for the Huns to loan a player who is out of contract at the end of the season for free, they'd just release him.

Apart from they'd have had to pay him off and would have had no bargaining power in the loan deal for Foster.

Apart from they'd have had to pay him off and would have had no bargaining power in the loan deal for Foster.

Well it depends who you listen too. McGhee at the time said he initiated the move. Whether that's true or not who knows but I'd wager we'd have let Foster go on loan whethr we were getting Velicka or not.

I think they'd rather pay him off than have him sitting doing nothing due to there being no reserve league if we didn't want him.

Aye, i'm not saying we shouldn't ship him out, just that to label that as the worst piece of business we've ever done is hyperbole. We've had far more catastrophic deals than this one. Have to keep in mind that we may actually end up getting some decent cash for Foster out of it.

Agree. I wouldn't even put it in the top 10 shite transfers.

Would certainly make no sense for the Huns to loan a player who is out of contract at the end of the season for free, they'd just release him.

I disagree with you here bobo.

Maybe the huns felt that they could send us Velicka on loan he would get his fitness and sharpness back and they could offer him a new contract, probably on reduced terms due to his injury woes. This would have been a striker that along with Kendo "super goal machine" Miller would help to replace boyd and give them some experienced attacking backup on the bench.

I reckon he huns would have reasoned he had a far greater chance of first team action at us rather than them what with their 4 million signing. They may also have been worried about losing Kenny Miller this season as well as his contract is up. A win win situation for them. They would have had to pay his wages if they paid him off anyway. This way they get defensive back up and give Velicka a chance to prove his fitness.

I disagree with you here bobo.

Maybe the huns felt that they could send us Velicka on loan he would get his fitness and sharpness back and they could offer him a new contract, probably on reduced terms due to his injury woes. This would have been a striker that along with Kendo "super goal machine" Miller would help to replace boyd and give them some experienced attacking backup on the bench.

I reckon he huns would have reasoned he had a far greater chance of first team action at us rather than them what with their 4 million signing. They may also have been worried about losing Kenny Miller this season as well as his contract is up. A win win situation for them. They would have had to pay his wages if they paid him off anyway. This way they get defensive back up and give Velicka a chance to prove his fitness.

This.