Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

EE: Maguire can be next Booth or Jess for Aberdeen FC

I'm friendly with a member of the first team and I'd say you've hit the nail on the head there.

Was talking to him on Saturday night and asked him how things were and he said "it's better". I asked him if he had liked it under McGhee and he said no but he personally never had problems with him, just didn't like him as a manager.

So in what way did he hit the nail on the head? Not disputing your version but on the other hand, read Duncan Shearer's book and he referred to not liking a manager. Says he scored 20 + goals.

Surely when your on the park all that stuff goes out the window, again I do think some players didn't like McGhee but can be sure some won't take to Brown/Knox over time as well, are we forever to be lumbered in lower league obscurity as a result?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what Miller says is true then seriously, 18 months to even discuss it? Think its fairly obvious where this is heading.

Indeed. I was fairly certain last season he would leave just hoped he would dig in for his last one with us and he seems to have done that. Pity, he could have done a job under Broon and probably progressed again as a player, still.

So in what way did he hit the nail on the head? Not disputing your version but on the other hand, read Duncan Shearer's book and he referred to not liking a manager. Says he scored 20 + goals.

Surely when your on the park all that stuff goes out the window, again I do think some players didn't like McGhee but can be sure some won't take to Brown/Knox over time as well, are we forever to be lumbered in lower league obscurity as a result?

Didn't like the way he managed. Didn't like him personally but as I said that wasn't the problem. He just didn't think he was a good manager.

This isn't one of the players who has been roundly criticised or been pulled up for a lack of effort either.

I love how those who think Maguire is some sort of wonder kid are the ones who are hardly ever at games, yet those that do go to alot of games and have seen him play the majority of his games are the ones who are in the wrong, fishing or just talking shit.

I love how those who think Maguire is some sort of wonder kid are the ones who are hardly ever at games, yet those that do go to alot of games and have seen him play the majority of his games are the ones who are in the wrong, fishing or just talking shit.

I love how it is those that are notorious fishers that slag him off consistently. 

In answer to your next question, I have been to 13 games this season and have yet to see him under Craig Brown.

The people that slag him off are those that seem to have such issue with them that they can't praise him, even when he has a good game and slag off every single thing they can to do with him.  It is pathetic.

I have given him plenty prais when he has deserved it, I'll be honest it hasn't been often, in my opinion after breaking on to the scene he has went backwards and believed his own hype.

Out of interest do you think he is a better player this season than he was when he broke on to the scene?  Does this attitude you take issue with seem to be at its worst, or improved?

I don't see how going to games makes you more qualified to judge a players ability?

Performance and effort certainly but most if not all on here have seen Maguire in enough games to know what he can bring to the table.

Further to this, I don't know why people refer to records over the last 4 years and the likes when commenting on how he is performing this year and future contracts.  What matters is what he is doing on the pitch this season and what he is doing is suggesting he is maturing in to a decent team player who has plenty to offer AFC.  I couldn't give a fuck if he only scored 2 goals in a season in 2007/08...