Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

EE: Maguire can be next Booth or Jess for Aberdeen FC

It is when you state facts like Maguire wasn't trying under McGhee, when I personally think (and to be honest, it can only be opinion unless you are the boy yourself, or have first hand information off him) he has bust a gut every time I have seen him this season.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CMOOOOOOOOON Tae fuck.

Nobody can tell me that the maguire from the last three or four games was the same one we have been watching all season. Not even maguries most ardant fan can claim that any if his performances under mcghee have come anything close to the last handfull. Mind you the same can be said for a few others.

can an admin please lock this thread, i keep checking it in the hope there might be an update worth reading but then im an optimist.  To summarise the past threee pages.  Stoney still doesnt like maguire even though he's playing pretty well at the mo and everyone else is disagreeing.  the end

CMOOOOOOOOON Tae fuck.

Nobody can tell me that the maguire from the last three or four games was the same one we have been watching all season. Not even maguries most ardant fan can claim that any if his performances under mcghee have come anything close to the last handfull. Mind you the same can be said for a few others.

I don't class myself as an ardent Maguire fan, I was happy to see him go to Killie (other than it leaving us short up front).  He has come back, knuckled down and is playing well.  All and sundry thought he had the makings of a good partnership with Vernon, but McGhee chose not to continue with it. 

That is besides the point though.  No-one will be arguing that his performances have not improved under Brown (the same could be said for the other 15-16 players utilised by Brown so far) but it is the not trying part that I take issue with.  Since day 1 this season, I have not seen anything to suggest a lack of application on the pitch.

Also, the whole suggestion that players only tried when McGhee left is surely blown out of the water by the Hearts 5-0.  It is apparent it was more than a personality clash between players and management, and that Brown has come in sorted out training and has everyone out playing and knowing what they are meant to be doing.

Not sure if your fishing or not, regardless you really are a cretin of the highest order.

:ooh:

Where was the effort by the other ten players on the pitch when McGhee was in charge? (this thread wasnt about the other 10 players, its about maguire, learn to read spaz)

So your using Maguire as a scapegoat then for a mythical attitude problem that seemingly the whole team suffered from?

Seemingly we have eleven very unprofessional professionals in your eyes because each player out there didn't perform for McGhee (untrue), not just Maguire.

So we did perform under McGhee? There other guilty offenders, yet you only seem to have a hatred for Maguire for reasons which just about every other player at the club is guilty off.

But then, you continually make him to be a scapegoat for your anger (nope just pointing out the facts).

Facts or your opinion?

As has been previously mentioned, it is amazing what a little bit of organisation, proper training and a little big of man management can do for a player and this is evident in the whole team hence the results. (also a differance what a little bit of effort makes)

Every game I've seen he has bust a gut and has always been full of running. Certainly puts in effort.

Maguire is currently enjoying his best season to date (more lies, take browns games out of the equation and its actually his worst).

Again, pick and choosing. Doesn't matter a fuck who was in charge, he still played in them.  ::)

Long may it continue, I'm happy for the boy because it is good for the club and good for the fans to see a homegrown talent doing well. Yes he has bits of his game that he needs to work on but he is young and hopefully if he stay's at the club, he will continue to develop. (He wont be staying at the club though, or he would have signed a deal by now)

You don't know that. He could easily stay just as he could easily walk.

Yet anything that he does will never be good enough for you. He's the scapegoat now. A hat-trick and two assists isn't good enough, your hatred for the boy is so ridiculous that you can't give credit where credit is due. Fucking disgusting. Never commented on his performance, or are you that thick you couldnt see that?

Yes, you never commented because he scored played well and scored a hat-trick. Rest assured though that you will slate him at the next possibility though.

And your point is caller? Across the country, you will see this hundreds of times over. A strike partner going for goal when the other striker believes that he was in a better position to score. It's good that Bebo wants the ball and it's good that him and Vernon are both wanting to go for goals. Of course, this kind of thinking would be beyond you who only focuses on the negative. Correct, but its how you react to the situation, maguire acted like a little bitch

He reacted by scoring a hat-trick? What better way to react than that?

Yep, thats the best one yet! He is not interested in the club or the fans because he celebrated! Fuck me. You better get on the blower to Broon right noo to request that no player celebrates because if they do, then they clearly dont gae a fuck. I wont have too, he'll be gone soon enough, money talks

Yes. Money does talk.

Can I get a link to the interview? (buy last mondays evening express)

Christ, how the fuck can I buy a paper a week old? Deary me. Anyway, I have found a link on the EE website which doesn't give you the full story but I think the boy is perfectly entitled to be wondering about the Scotland set-up expecially when you see other youth players making the step up.

John Robertson commented on a call-up for Maguire on Saturday too.

To be fair, I seen the interview and Robertson also claimed that East Fife haven't played since the 11th December....7 weeks ago?

There's no way MaGuire is ready for a call up of any sorts but he took his goal well against Dundee Utd the week before and that hat trick has got help. IMO a lot of this is similar to the Brown clamour on here but about a player, both need more games/end of season before you can really assess how they've done - imo only of course.

Aye, all those direct quotes are fairly damning.

Although, I would agree on your point about offer him a deal, and set a date for accepting it. If he isn't willing to accept it by said date then look to sell him in January. Should be the case for all players IMO.

Although with the transfer market weighted towards the player nowadays, this probably isn't the most effective way of running a football club.

Unfortunately not if he goes to England or abroad. We'll only get cash if he goes to another Scottish team.

Did not realise that, bit of a blow, I would keep him in the team as if he's wanting a big move, such as that, then he'll have to keep firing in the goals, bigger profile matches the better :)

No news day at the EE obviously...

Unfortunately not if he goes to England or abroad. We'll only get cash if he goes to another Scottish team.

I am pretty sure the rules have changed on that and we'd be entitled to some form of development fee should he go anywhere in the EU.

I think people need to get past this idea that it's a mystery that players didn't try under McGhee and now they are working hard for Brown. Surely that's the difference between a good manager and a bad one. Players are not neutral machines who should be able to perform regardless of who is managing them, otherwise why bother having a manager. The fact is they respond to the leadership they are shown and McGhee clearly wasn't providing any. Why make that the players problem ? You can get all upset about some sort of betrayal all you like but the fact is the manager is responsible for getting the best from a player and Brown appears to be succeeding where McGhee failed. It's not Maguires responsibility to deal with that.

What I will say about Maguire is that I'd like him to tell the club now/sooner rather than later if he intends to stay.

If what Miller says is true and the club have been trying for 18 months to get Maguire and his agent to the negotiating table, then we need to get things sorted and makes plans for having him in the team or not in the team.

I think people need to get past this idea that it's a mystery that players didn't try under McGhee and now they are working hard for Brown. Surely that's the difference between a good manager and a bad one. Players are not neutral machines who should be able to perform regardless of who is managing them, otherwise why bother having a manager. The fact is they respond to the leadership they are shown and McGhee clearly wasn't providing any. Why make that the players problem ? You can get all upset about some sort of betrayal all you like but the fact is the manager is responsible for getting the best from a player and Brown appears to be succeeding where McGhee failed. It's not Maguires responsibility to deal with that.

I'm friendly with a member of the first team and I'd say you've hit the nail on the head there.

Was talking to him on Saturday night and asked him how things were and he said "it's better". I asked him if he had liked it under McGhee and he said no but he personally never had problems with him, just didn't like him as a manager.

What I will say about Maguire is that I'd like him to tell the club now/sooner rather than later if he intends to stay.

If what Miller says is true and the club have been trying for 18 months to get Maguire and his agent to the negotiating table, then we need to get things sorted and makes plans for having him in the team or not in the team.

If what Miller says is true then seriously, 18 months to even discuss it? Think its fairly obvious where this is heading.