Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs v Aberdeen

I've just read Eddie Turnbull's book, so I'm looking forward to a similar revival. There are some interesting parallels with the current situation. No reason why a similar period of success can't happen again in the same way., although like other teams we will probably be erratic for a while.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth minding that one of the few decent performances under McGhee was also against Hibs.

Indeed that point wasn't lost on me. Looked like a bit of a dive for magennis, like he went towards the keepers arms. I questioned the substitution but it turned out to be a wise one, if not match winner. Guess that's why broons the gaffer and I'm not :D

Glad to hear of good performances from some of our crucial players. Hopefully this is just the beginning! COYR!

Don't think we'd have beaten hibs the last time if we'd been on th

e run we have just ended whilst under McGhee. And it was at home. But I must admit, you can't help wondering how good we were, or whether it was hibs that were particularly bad. I think it's a bit of both. But hibs were horrendous. They might yet be in trouble.

But I must admit, you can't help wondering how good we were, or whether it was hibs that were particularly bad. I think it's a bit of both. But hibs were horrendous. They might yet be in trouble.

You are probably right and its far too early to let the euphoria flow just yet, but what was noticeable was the vast improvement in overall commitment and better organisation at the back and in midfield. And they kept it up for the whole match, with no heads going down. They seemed to want to play for the team and the shirt again. The "auld yins" psychology must be doing something. Long may it continue.

I know it's only one game, and we're still in trouble, but i reckon Hibs may be in bigger trouble than us.

In the short term, on the pitch, possibly. But they do have a better stadium and sound financial footing, so I certainly don't think we have any reason to say we're in less trouble than the hiv.

Cracking result over all. Not sure if it's better or worse than the 4-2 but I get the impression the players may pull their socks up for craigy broon. A rare good day. Would be great to kick on and have some consistancy for the first time in...20 years?

In the short term, on the pitch, possibly. But they do have a better stadium and sound financial footing, so I certainly don't think we have any reason to say we're in less trouble than the hiv.

Cracking result over all. Not sure if it's better or worse than the 4-2 but I get the impression the players may pull their socks up for craigy broon. A rare good day. Would be great to kick on and have some consistancy for the first time in...20 years?

I think it would be fair to say we were relatively consistent under Calderwood.

As far as "trouble" is concerned, Hibs are in a lot of shite. They have been deservedly beaten twice by a poor Dons team and that's with the supposed new manager bounce, they have proper problems. I suspect Hamilton will spare ours and Hibs blushes this season though.

Not sure if it's better or worse than the 4-2 but I get the impression the players may pull their socks up for craigy broon. A rare good day. Would be great to kick on and have some consistancy for the first time in...20 years?

An away win at Easter Rd with the run we're on is undoubtedly better in my opinion even against an admittedly poor Hibs side, it shows we might just have the minerals for the fight after all.  Having not been at the game, can anyone confirm if Considine was paired in the centre with Diamond?

St Mirren snatching a late winner was disappointing today but with a six pointer now on Weds, we can then start to look at the teams above us again.

I'm feeling very optimistic about 2011 - a couple more experienced players in January and I have a real sneaking feeling we'll see a Brown Bounce towards our first Hampden final in ten years.

Thought we played rather well today, Magennis changed it like, played like a man possessed, also thought that Ifil done well once he came on and Maguire had an ok game, was pleased with the fight they showed today aswell.

Also special mention to all the boys in black, WTF is that all about, shades on and scarf wrapped right around your neck covering your face?

Thought we played rather well today, Magennis changed it like, played like a man possessed, also thought that Ifil done well once he came on and Maguire had an ok game, was pleased with the fight they showed today aswell.

Also special mention to all the boys in black, WTF is that all about, shades on and scarf wrapped right around your neck covering your face?

sounds like big awesome men's men...or sunni females.

Yes they have a better stadium but also one that was 50% empty yesterday. They have sold of all their assets in terms of land/players and are now at a point of total mediocrity - had a scan of hibs net earlier and that's the overall consensus from their fans. Don't think they are in a position to spend much money either.

Considering the situation at present, that's all i really give a fuck about.

The situation at present is that Hamilton are so bad we're not going to be relegated. I'd happliy play shite and finish 11th while seeming to be building for the future.

A couple weeks ago there was virtual unanimity that we needed a complete overhaul in every aspect of the club's running. Nothing since then has happened other than very short term fixes to long term problems.

I hope it's not that an improvement towards temporary mediocrity in the league combined with a day out at hampden is going to be enough to appease people this year. If so, when we're up to our necks in shit again next year or the year after people really can't have the cheek to be outraged by it.

Certainly I'm enjoying the long over due win, but I'm not convinced we played that much better than them, if at all. And as a club, I think we have far more problems financially and logistically than hibs do.

The situation at present is that Hamilton are so bad we're not going to be relegated. I'd happliy play shite and finish 11th while seeming to be building for the future.

A couple weeks ago there was virtual unanimity that we needed a complete overhaul in every aspect of the club's running. Nothing since then has happened other than very short term fixes to long term problems.

I hope it's not that an improvement towards temporary mediocrity in the league combined with a day out at hampden is going to be enough to appease people this year. If so, when we're up to our necks in shit again next year or the year after people really can't have the cheek to be outraged by it.

Certainly I'm enjoying the long over due win, but I'm not convinced we played that much better than them, if at all. And as a club, I think we have far more problems financially and logistically than hibs do.

All very true, but until we are safe then my priority will be to ensure we're in the SPL next season. The problems you speak of were mostly there when we were doing well under JC, did you not enjoy the good results then because of the lingering problems in the background?

And, Hamilton may well be absolutely gash, but things can change very quickly, look at United and Hearts in 95, no one even thought it was a possibility they'd be involved in the relegation fight and then all of a sudden they could both go down with 2 games to play. Don't be so cocksure about this until we are mathematically safe.

How did Magennis not bury that free header?? Any kind of striker should put that away. Other than that and Hogg's cock up, looks like we didn't create many other chances?

Haven't seen the highlights but... Magennis had 4 chances, two headers, a one on one and a gut reaction bundle after the keeper spilled bebos shot. And bebos shot. And Hartleys fantastic free kick. There were other chances as well. Magennis should have got at least two. The header and the one on one. Bit of a worry that he didn't, but he's hardly been getting much game time. Think we only had two shots on target in the first half, one of which was the goal.