Sunday 19th May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Ross County v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs v Aberdeen

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good, important victory which would be rendered fairly meaningless by losing to Hamilton. Let's hope the boys are plugged-in enough to get 3 points on Wednesday.

Indeed, hopefully that will have given them some confidence. I hope they don't just throw away a good start under the new management team.

Re:BB I think Jute was saying a while he was chatting to some hibee mates, and they were convinced they were in worse shape than when they went down the last time!

A good result. Caught the Folly goal on ALBA. He did well to get to it. Wednesday is a really key game now and a victory could go a long way to helping get the confidence back up and on track.

Does anyone know if McNamee was on the bench today or wasn't he included?

Not included

Certainly looked like the team was better organised today and each player knew what he was supposed to be doing. It's only the start and hopefully we will push on from this result.  :AFC2:

Yes, note of caution, that defence looked as porous as fuck still but we made a lot of chances, Magennis actually looked like a, erm, fitba player ???

Long way to go, Hibs are fucking rid rotten though which was very good to see.

Great result great game. We deserved to win it based on our second half performance. Although the first half was a bit of a non event. All three goals were short range tap ins or scrambles. But we could have scored three or four more. 

Thought Hartley, Vernon and Bebo were excellent. First time I've seen Bebo play well on the wing in recent memory. Magennis is a funny one. A big black version of mackie in some ways. Fast and harasses the defence, but nae luck in front of goal. In my opinion he changed the game. We were fantastic from the moment he came on. He provided an excellent outlet down the wing and was able to do something when he got the ball. He missed some great chances. A couple of headers that the keeper did well to save. And a one on one where poor control took him to close to the keeper. He claimed the keeper took him down, but I couldn't tell. 

Not sure what brown did different from McGhee. But the players were transformed. I'm convinced the players simply stopped playing for McGhee, if they ever did. Shocking if so. 

Not sure what brown did different from McGhee. But the players were transformed. I'm convinced the players simply stopped playing for McGhee, if they ever did. Shocking if so.

Could it be that Brown has treated them as men, just like the great Eddie Turnbull did all those years ago.

Could it be that Brown has treated them as men, just like the great Eddie Turnbull did all those years ago.

Quite possibly. I'm no fan of McGhee and can see why the players didn't take to him. But even so. A bit of professional pride. Anyway. Thankfully that's all in the past. Really looking forward to smashing Hamilton now. Assuming it's on.