Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

What striking partnership would you play if you were manager?

Guest dundee_red

Tough one given how they have performed this season so far, but I think I would go for Lovell & Miller.

I would put all the names in a hat and pick 2 each Saturday.

Seriously I would agree with Lovell and Miller

Why not?  That's what JC does  ::)

Miller and Lovell. Big man to hold up the ball and a goal scorer for him to feed it to. Players you can mix the service to, high balls to Miller, low ones to Lovell's feet (that's an important one. He's pish in the air, Jimmy...). Brewster as first choice sub on account of his legs' inability to last a full 90 these days.

Lovell needs the ball into his feet, or else he's next to useless. He's the 5th top SPL goalscorer of all time, and he got most of those playing for a Dundee team that played the ball through for him to run onto or for him to control with his feet. We hoof it skywards for him to head on too many times. If we are to play proper football, he should be in there every time.

Well, for all you Miller pickers - he would be my last choice........slow lazy bastard

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lovell and Mackie should start every game.  For me Lovell is the most natural striker and would really benefit from Clark/Smith/DeVisscher getting to the by-line and pulling the ball back acorss the goals.  Perhaps Lee Millar would be more effective too if he had this type of service but for me, he is too lazy, to quick at going to ground and I reckon Brewster could out-sprint him.  Mackie may not be naturally talented but he shows heart, he's not lazy and he wants to play for the club (plus he's been top scorer 2 out of last 3 seasons).  Brewster as a supersub for last 20 mins - He again would benfit from our 'wingers' beating their man on the outside and crossing the ball into the box.....something that they rarely do.

Lovell needs the ball into his feet' date=' or else he's next to useless. He's the 5th top SPL goalscorer of all time[/quote']

Got me thinkin. Who are the four above him?

Obviously Larsson is number one. I'd presume someone like Hartson would probably be 2nd, with maybe Kris Boyd being third.

Ain't got a clue who'd be next, and would only hazard a guess at someone like Rod Wallace.

Lovell needs the ball into his feet' date=' or else he's next to useless. He's the 5th top SPL goalscorer of all time[/quote']

Got me thinkin. Who are the four above him?

Obviously Larsson is number one. I'd presume someone like Hartson would probably be 2nd, with maybe Kris Boyd being third.

Ain't got a clue who'd be next, and would only hazard a guess at someone like Rod Wallace.

Chris Sutton, i'd wager.

did football start when the SPL was created?

Pisses me off that folk seem to write 100+ years of football. Mind you atleast we're not as bad as the EPL-courtesy of BSkyB.  Absolute everything down south is talked about since the Premier League was founded

Started? No. But, having seen the last few years of "action", i would argue that football might have stopped when the SPL was created.......

42!!!!!! Cannae quite believe he's scored that many. One in every three games, roughly. If only he got a bit wiser in his game, he'd easily make that tally once in every two games! Then we'd not be having this discussion about who to play upfront. Instead, it'd be "who do we partner alongside Mackie?"

Seriously, I'd argue that list from Wikipedia. Wallace scored a shitload of goals for the Huns. He's got to be in that list somewhere. According to Soccerbase, he scored 41 in the league for them.