Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Interim Management Team

As BB (I think) hinted at a couple of days ago Miller seems very friendly with Hartley and Hartley seems a good captain and as such link to the players. Given the list of candidates being touted we could do a lot worse especially when you also consider Cooper and Simpson will know the younger players (who we are going to be relying on) better than anyone.

If Miller is to have a more hands on role then would suspect that he will be the manager in all but name. Cannot see him playing 2nd fiddle to any of the others.

totally, he'll have the others there to take the flak though

Would like Cooper involved with the first team on a permanent basis in some role.

Only when Mcleish was still about. Is it a coincidence we nose-dived from 2nd to 2nd bottom the first season Mcleish left for motherwell?

We had also lost Bett, Richardson and Mason at the same point or in the previous year. McLeish's last season, although we finished 2nd, we drew almost half of our matches (I think had we won three of them, we'd have won the league).  We were nowhere near as impressive in that season as we were in the previous one and to an extent the writing was on the wall.

Of course, any team losing a player of McLeish's ability is going to suffer, especially when it leaves Irvine, Smith and Inglis as your centre halves. But as I said in another post the other day, replacing those midfielders with Kane, Heatherston, Mckinnon and Joe Miller was suicide. Basically the only midfielder left of the required standard was Brian Grant who was left with an absolute shit storm of work to get through because the other guys were simply gash.

And then picking Dodds ahead of any one of Shearer, Booth (when fit) or Jess really just isn't a good idea.

We had also lost Bett, Richardson and Mason at the same point or in the previous year. McLeish's last season, although we finished 2nd, we drew almost half of our matches (I think had we won three of them, we'd have won the league).  We were nowhere near as impressive in that season as we were in the previous one and to an extent the writing was on the wall.

Of course, any team losing a player of McLeish's ability is going to suffer, especially when it leaves Irvine, Smith and Inglis as your centre halves. But as I said in another post the other day, replacing those midfielders with Kane, Heatherston, Mckinnon and Joe Miller was suicide. Basically the only midfielder left of the required standard was Brian Grant who was left with an absolute shit storm of work to get through because the other guys were simply gash.

And then picking Dodds ahead of any one of Shearer, Booth (when fit) or Jess really just isn't a good idea.

Is the right answer I couldn't be arsed typing!! ;D