Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Next Manager Poll

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek Adams is to leave his job as Ross County manager to become Colin Calderwood’s assistant at Hibernian. The 35-year-old, who guided the Staggies to last season’s Scottish Cup final, has been in charge at Victoria Park for three years.

Calderwood said earlier this week he would take his time to make a decision over appointing his number two. However, he has identified Adams as his ideal assistant and will look to draw upon his knowledge of the Scottish game.

Calderwood was appointed as John Hughes’ successor on October 18, moving from his post as assistant boss at Newcastle United. His first win as Hibs manager came in his fourth game in charge, with his team winning 3-0 at Rangers on Wednesday night.

Adams is currently serving an 18-game touchline ban, having originally been given an eight-match ban before clashing with officials in Ross County's Co-operative Insurance Cup game with Dundee United. He was subsequently banned for six games for that incident, before being handed down a further four game suspension for breaching the terms of his original ban.

Adams’ playing career began at Aberdeen in 1991, before a short-lived spell at Burnley from January 1995 to July 1996. He then returned to play for Ross County, spending two seasons with the club before earning a move to Motherwell.

It was at Fir Park where he made the bulk of his career appearances, playing 178 times for the Steelmen across a six year spell. He then spent a season with both Aberdeen and Livingston, before moving back to Ross County as a player in 2006.

Another candidate bites the dust. Would have been a very risky appointment IMO.

Another candidate bites the dust. Would have been a very risky appointment IMO.

Aye, I'm actually quite relieved he won't be getting it.  Bit surprised he didnt hang around though to see if there was any chance of him getting it, unless he had knowledge that he definitely wasn't going to be offered it should McGhee get the dunt.

Stuart Baxter punted as manager of Finland and available

Was just checking the Celtic thing on wiki (apparently no deal was ever agreed). But looking at his wikipedia page (which is where we should judge all managers) would Baxter be that bad a candidate? He must have seen and done it all in his management career, he's available with no compensation, but his lack of experience in the Scottish game could count against him.

I know, it's not the case so much anymore, but there was a time in Scottish football when no job could come up without Baxter inevitably getting linked to it.

I think we should take the bull by the horns and blaze a trail where no other club has dared.

BAXTER FOR MANAGER.

1702731-400_bakster.jpg

While I'm at it I really hope we don't take a punt on Steve Clark. I watched an interview with him somewhere recently and he sounded like a hugely dull character. Sounded desperate to get his own club and I don't like that, have some self respect. It might be an unfair judgement but I'm sure he has been no.2 for so long for good reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to do a revised poll, but I think we need to narrow down the names and get rid of the unrealistic names.

Derek Adams (7.5%) At Hibs

Gordon Strachan (6.6%) Too expensive?

Jocky Scott (6.1%)

Jimmy Calderwood (5.7%) Just not happening

Alan Curbishley (5.2%) Too expensive?

Paul Hartley (5.2%)

George Burley (5.2%)

Darren Ferguson (5.2%)

Billy Stark (4.7%)

Craig Brown (4.7%) Cant see him leaving well

Derek McInnes (4.2%)

Eric Black (4.2%)

Eoin Jess (3.8%)

Mike Newell (3.8%)

Steve Clark (3.8%)

Terry Butcher (3.3%) nae chance

John Collins (3.3%)

Phil Brown (2.8%)

Steve Coppell (2.8%)

Billy Reid (2.4%)

Bruce Rioch (1.9%)

other (1.9%)

Paul Jewell (1.4%)

Stuart Baxter (1.4%)

Mixu Paatelainen (0.9%)

John McGlynn (0.9%)

John Hughes (0.5%)

Gordon Chisholm (0.5%)

What do you think?

Think a poll is pointless now as with McGhee being allowed to move players out on loan it does not look like he will be getting punted anytime soon.

He's on a game to game basis. It could well be that Paton was informed of the possible loan and wanted to give it a go. He's not in the picture here just now so he might as well. If a new manager comes in and wants him back we can just recall him, as long as that's in the agreement.

Jesus wept.

Not doubting you BB, but this situation defies belief. We get humped 9-0, no sack. The next game is a "must-win", we lose, no sack. Further losses to St Johnstone and Killie, and still McGhee remains. At what point is this game to game review going to result in someone who is clearly incompetent losing their job?