Saturday 26th October 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Dundee Utd

Next Manager Poll

Kowalski
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no votes for JC???

While was not one of the ones desperate for him to go it would be a mistake to go back.

Some good choices there but I think with money involved we will probably go for someone out of work like Strachan if he would come. Unless any of the others are out of contract at the end of the season and we get like Scott on a short term.

If McGhee is punted (I'd rather he walked because of what he did as a player and it would be a bit more dignified) it would have to be someone thats unemployed. No way in hell can we afford compensation. Ive got a feeling it will be John Hughes although I dont want to see him get it

Derek Adams isn't the answer in my opinion.

Would almost welcome "Craig Brown" type appointment i.e someone who has been around the game awhile, reasonably well respected and knowledgable and not necessarily looking fo the gig long term but more just to steady the ship.

Derek Adams isn't the answer in my opinion.

Would almost welcome "Craig Brown" type appointment i.e someone who has been around the game awhile, reasonably well respected and knowledgable and not necessarily looking fo the gig long term but more just to steady the ship.

I'm with you there Al and that's why I've always mentioned Jocky Scott. A young manager with no SPL experience walking into that mess? We'd be asking for trouble in my opinion. 

I'd like to have Jess in, just have a feeling he could be a good manager. However, given our history with past players in recent times it is probably better to stay away from any past players - including Jess, Strachan, Paatelainen or Black.

However just to contradict that, because I think he did play for us at one time, I think Jocky Scott would be the ideal person. He is experienced, will probably be his last big job, and probably the only one willing to take the job because he isn't worried about the knock-on impact to the rest of his career. Think he could bring the discipline and knowledge of the Scottish game to steady the ship - he really will be just to steady the ship though, not a long term replacement. Newell or Phil Brown could be decent shouts as well.